Enhanced or Classic what do you prefer and why?

2»

Comments

• They said in the past it's approx 50:50 usage wise.

Unfortunately this means that they need to stick with both of them and a all new one is not gonna happen anyway. 

• I cringe every time I see a thread like this lol. Both clients are staying. UO couldn't take the hit if they got rid of either of them at this point. I'd play UO some other way if I had to play EC.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Mariah said:
    Please keep this thread to the reasons you like the client you use without attacking the other client, nor the people who use it.

Last I heard the choice to remove, or not remove, either client is not subject to player ballot.

Yeah just our wallet lol
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Both clients are here for the foreseeable future, play the one you like and enjoy the game. I used to be hard core CC but wanted the functionality of the EC, so to get myself accustomed to it I uninstalled CC and used EC exclusively. after about 30days of this i was no longer worried about the graphics differences. They’re different but I want to play the game and don’t care if that Hiryu looks like an F-15 or a plucked turkey, just how quick it kills that orc pig thing on my screen. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    They said in the past it's approx 50:50 usage wise.

Unfortunately this means that they need to stick with both of them and a all new one is not gonna happen anyway. 

Imagine if they did invest a ton of effort into an all new client. Well, with UO players being what they are, and UO devs being what they are, they'd have to maintain 3 clients instead of 2. I think this is the main reason the new client will never happen.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Why make a 5th client when alls they need to do is fix the EC to give us a choice of displays.  It is funny alls these people talking about clients when we have had 4 total clients and the one to survive is the CC.  3D gone, KR gone and EC still here but none of them could kill the CC and if you don't think people could make a cheat program for the EC then please send me some of the stuff you are smoking.  From what I understand is that Pinco with his UI add on can do a lot of what the illegal programs already do so what is the difference
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Mariah said:
    Please keep this thread to the reasons you like the client you use without attacking the other client, nor the people who use it.

Last I heard the choice to remove, or not remove, either client is not subject to player ballot.
    I actually like both and play both. I do however play CC more because I like the compactness  of the graphics and I feel like I move faster. I play EC because it has a lot of features alread in it, like the scalability of maps and the entire screen, however I feel like I am moving slowly. I mostly use  EC when doing maps, sailing or placing houses. I am trying to play a little more everytime I play though.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I use the enhanced client because I'm under 40. 
    DJAd said:
    I use the enhanced client because I'm under 40. 
    Is that a requirement? Guess I missed the memo. :)  As I stated before I play both as they each have their strengths. I do play CC more though, but anly because I seem to move faster In My Opinion, and I do a lot of things that require fast and precise movement. <span>:smiley:</span>
    Bilbo said:
    Xare said:
    Enlighten us all how you think it's possible to detect. And for that matter, WHY of they could have done something about it, they don't? There's no logical reason that they wouldn't stop it. And before you go sprouting off some dumbass theory, I did say logical reasons. 
    I guess you have never looked at the data stream from an incoming computer have you.  People are not as precise as computers when it comes to doing things esp whet they do the same thing over and over.  It is called MONEY you moron.  And here is another dumbass statement by you shut down the CC, go ahead and watch EA shut down UO do to lack of MONEY coming in because guess what that is all EA ever cared about in the first place.
    Idon't know if I would agree with that. While it is true that most if not all businesses are in business to make money they would not make any if they had a produch which was below standard. There is a balance that all business try to achieve which is to make efficent use of all resources which also includes money.
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Bilbo said:
    Xare said:
    Enlighten us all how you think it's possible to detect. And for that matter, WHY of they could have done something about it, they don't? There's no logical reason that they wouldn't stop it. And before you go sprouting off some dumbass theory, I did say logical reasons. 
    I guess you have never looked at the data stream from an incoming computer have you.  People are not as precise as computers when it comes to doing things esp whet they do the same thing over and over.  It is called MONEY you moron.  And here is another dumbass statement by you shut down the CC, go ahead and watch EA shut down UO do to lack of MONEY coming in because guess what that is all EA ever cared about in the first place.
    So, EA allows people to continue to cheat, ruining the economy and overall viability of the game, even though they could stop it. Because they're making money. And that they make more money by allowing it than they would by not allowing it. I'm going to forgive your choice of insults, because it makes your theory sound even more implausible. 

I'm not advocating shutting down a client, it has no impact on me. But I wanted people to be aware of the fact that the classic client allows a lot more interaction with 3rd party programs than the enhanced client. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Several unnecessary comments have been removed. Please stay on topic and mindful of the terms of service. Thank you. 
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Rorschach said:
    Several unnecessary comments have been removed. Please stay on topic and mindful of the terms of service. Thank you. 
    @Rorschach you missed one, I've still got a post up. Better fix that.