Let Vanity Pets be trained to 5 slots!

Currently, most "vanity" pets can only be trained to 4 slots. In my opinion this is a waste of both the pets, AND a money making opportunity. I presently won't even consider buying one of the pets from the store. Most of them are a 1 slot pet, that IMMEDIATELY jumps to a 2 slot when you start training and maxes out at a 4 slot. SO, you can't reach max "base damage" on any of those pets, for starters, and the "extra" round of points, from 4 to 5 slot, would enable some of them to be pretty viable pets.  Increasing both the variety of pets, and MASSIVELY increasing the desire to BUY one of them. 

Along with that MAKE THE DREAD MARE TRAINABLE TO A 5 SLOT PET! (sorry, I had to toss this in)

What do y'all think? Feel free to post comments for discussion. 

@Kyronix
@Bleak
If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Also the Sakkhran Bird of Prey!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Pawain said:
    Also the Sakkhran Bird of Prey!
    Yep! Those too. I have too many in locked down that I won't use at this point.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Anyone else interested in seeing them trainable to 5 slots? 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Yes. I dont understand why i cant train a chicken up to 5 slots.

Everything shoukd be able to be trained up, with the same intensities,  and they should all be able to learn healing.

But store bought, definatly.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    YES
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    I disagree.  Leave them as they are.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    why do you believe any pet should not be able to be leveled to 5?

it makes the pet less desirable, and means people wont use them as such. being able to level a pet to 5 and put healing on any pet, like say, a chicken, allows you to create any pet to be able to be usable.

the only reason to have the store bought pets now is vanity, so they could sell more if they changed it.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    As long as pets require taming & lore after they've been leveled up, there is no reason to have any pet capped lower than 5/5 followers.

Even 5/5 pets aren't that great in pvp, they're for interrupts/utility more than anything, cause the damage they do isn't worth investing 200-240 skill points for it, when you could get more offense & defense elsewhere. 

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    *seconds this motion*

There are pets, arguably better pets, that can be tamed in game and trained from 1 to 5 slots. The idea that the store pets would be ''pay to win'' is therefore nixed.

The various pets imprisoned in crystal, obtained as a rare drop from not-so-easy bosses in game are certainly not pay to win. If these were also trainable to 5 slots, it would increase their desirability and get people out doing the older content.