Please rework VvV rewards. Give people more reason to pvp.

Please adjust VvV rewards. Make points and rewards shard bound and add some cool stuff to rewards.
Noone is doing VvV towns. Moreover its hard to force people for mass pvp. We are popping harrowers just to have some pvp, and u know what? Even harrower is not a reward cuz shard is full of statscrolls and they are cheap.
  1. Are VvV rewards fine or they are junk and VvV citys are waste of time?11 votes
    1. they are fine. im doing VvV.
        0.00%
    2. im not wasting my time there since there are always 0 people there.
      100.00%

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Wait a minute, aren't PvPers always yelling that they do not need a reason to PvP.
  • xxxVideoxxxVideo Posts: 59
    Yeah we dont need one. We are giving harrower for free just just to get some pvp. The idea is lure some trammies and add some copetitive flavor between teams.
  • PeepPeep Posts: 4
    I like what was done with the VvV system, but I miss the old factions as well and the faction bases and controlling cities. My thoughts to merge both is maybe opening up the old base locations for control by a guild. Kinda like King of the Hill and when captured the base location captured is held for maybe 1week, 2 weeks, or maybe a month. Then the Old city sigils can be captured like before, but instead of holding sigils for 24hrs to capture the city, maybe only an hour. The cities sigils reset every day after server refresh. The advantage of holding a city is is using some of the old system to add and control guards during city sieges that gives the guild that holds the city an advantage in a city fight. Currency used to purchase guards during a city siege when you own a city has its own currency bank that can only be used for guards, or maybe even VvV vendors that can be placed like in the factions. Currency for guilds can be collected the same way as characters collect VvV poitns now. For every capture of sigils or alters the guild also gets currency.

This can open up and bring back a lot of what people miss with the old factions and merge them with the current VvV system. That way it gives more things people can do in VvV. As well as maybe bringing back items like factions items, but that can only be crafted inside of an active city. So risk and reward, and once again bringing more people into the cities.

Just some rough ideas to boost VvV and bring back what people use to love about factions.
    You could have really nice items that can only be collected through VvV like now, but they a'rent complete. You have to save up for them like now using VvV points. The items are used by crafters to craft the VvV items along with some normal resources. Same could be used for special traps for tinkers that have less limits on locations of where they can be placed.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

I haven't transferred with a VvV character so I honestly do not know. Aren't points already shard bound? I was under the impression that you were booted from the guild and upon making another guild you had to rejoin VvV, which wipes points back to 0.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited March 2019
    You  may not transfer when in VvV:

Transfer Rules

If the character is in Vice versus Virtue you must resign and wait the 3 day quitting period.

You may not transfer items with the designation ‘Shard Bound’

What Does Not Transfer

Your Guild affiliation

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Umm.. So how do you transfer silver points across shard?

Because I’m also sure what @urge said is true.

also my people tell me that you just leave guild and transfer, no need to resign vvv or wait 3 days.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

I suggest to add some good exclusive hair dues, some mounts, etc. They indeed should be hard to grind without a chance to abuse system with farming them up on dead shards and transfering to atl. All stuff & points should be shard bound. 
    I'd also suggest to make more points for kills and assists, while decreasing the points for altar capture - this will make abusing system even harder. Players wont be able to grind tons of points when online is low and noone is about to fight for VvV.

edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:

Because I’m also sure what @ urge said is true.

also my people tell me that you just leave guild and transfer, no need to resign vvv or wait 3 days.

I just tested this on my shard. I quit my guild but not VvV but by quitting my guild it put me into the 3 day quitting process for VvV.

Once I rejoined my guild I also had to rejoin VvV and that wiped my points to 0. To rejoin you simply log out and back in then you are allowed to immediately rejoin before the 3 day period.

Transfering points status: Debunked.

Urge said:
    Mervyn said:

I just tested this on my shard. I quit my guild but not VvV but by quitting my guild it put me into the 3 day quitting process for VvV.

Once I rejoined my guild I also had to rejoin VvV and that wiped my points to 0. To rejoin you simply log out and back in then you are allowed to immediately rejoin before the 3 day period.

Kinda low test. Looks like you still can use points before u rejoin guild and VvV, on that 3 day process.
    I’m still confused.com 

so how do you transfer points? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

xxxVideo said:
    Urge said:
    Mervyn said:

Kinda low test. Looks like you still can use points before u rejoin guild and VvV, on that 3 day process.

I didn't think to test that so I did. You are right. I haven't transferred nor will I waste one to completely test this.

All points can be carried over until the point of rejoining VvV or I assume your 3 day period ends. Rejoining a guild while in the wait period doesn't effect either way. Rejoining VvV does reset all points to 0.

Either way though, pardons are the highest selling reward and can't be transferred and the points to redeem are worth 1/8th the cost of a transfer token.

+1 to you sir.

Mervyn said:
    I’m still confused.com 

I'm hoping he meant shard transfers. Character farms points on a dead shard and transfers them to a more populated pvp shard. I don't see the point as it's very easy to farm points on a busy server.
    edited March 2019
    So you transfer and you can spend the points when you’re not even in VvV (For 3 days)?

Urge said:
    Mervyn said:
    I’m still confused.com 

I'm hoping he meant shard transfers. Character farms points on a dead shard and transfers them to a more populated pvp shard. I don't see the point as it's very easy to farm points on a busy server.
    yeah. Its easy cuz noone needs them. Thats why noone is doing VvV. Thats why this thread is started.
    Mervyn said:
    So you transfer and you can spend the points when you’re not even in VvV (For 3 days)?

I haven't transferred and do not have shields so I can't say 100%. You remain in VvV for the 3 day quitting process and it very well looks like you can spend remaining points during that time.

xxxVideo said:
    Urge said:
    Mervyn said:
    I’m still confused.com 

yeah. Its easy cuz noone needs them. Thats why noone is doing VvV. Thats why this thread is started.

It's been stated a few times that they do have a revamp coming.
    Urge said:
    xxxVideo said:
    Urge said:
    Mervyn said:
    I’m still confused.com 

It's been stated a few times that they do have a revamp coming.
    Hope they can read my suggestions at least. Cuz this is what a lot of pvpers would like. Get pvp and get a reward for the wins. Not only trammies should have rewards.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    You want to give people a reason to PvP.... level the field. Almost a year since we were told a new approved programs list was in the making.

We’ll never get new folks or even vets (that quit PvP years ago) to try PvP with the current state of mandatory cheating to compete - since almost all PvPers are using programs that are technically illegal.

I really don’t care which side of the coin you favor but this indecisiveness will never draw in new blood to PvP.
    Acid_Rain said:
    You want to give people a reason to PvP.... level the field. Almost a year since we were told a new approved programs list was in the making.

We’ll never get new folks or even vets (that quit PvP years ago) to try PvP with the current state of mandatory cheating to compete - since almost all PvPers are using programs that are technically illegal.

I really don’t care which side of the coin you favor but this indecisiveness will never draw in new blood to PvP.
    This thread is not about some 3rd party programs. There is legit speedhack called Enhanced Client. Its a different story. This thread is about current VvV system.
    Also i suggest to add some scoreboard with kills and deaths on VvV. Gotta be also good thing.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    You cannot xfer silver points cause you cant xfer in VvV.  You have to resign VvV and then guild, then logout and back in to remove VvV tag in order to transfer.    The problem people had with factions was just the TB base being in town and long stat timer and sigil timer.  They just simply addressed those issues instead of wiping the system for this VvV.   Factions was ten times better, the fact that VvV is only in towns makes me LOL.  We would rather fight out in the open not in towns.
    You cannot xfer silver points cause you cant xfer in VvV.  You have to resign VvV and then guild, then logout and back in to remove VvV tag in order to transfer.    The problem people had with factions was just the TB base being in town and long stat timer and sigil timer.  They just simply addressed those issues instead of wiping the system for this VvV.   Factions was ten times better, the fact that VvV is only in towns makes me LOL.  We would rather fight out in the open not in towns.

Memories of the past always seem better than they actually were.

Factions was horrible. It was heavily abused for points, silver and faction guards. The timer was ridiculous. You had to clear a calendar to make room for a sigil reset. And everyone at some point complained about the bases being nothing but choke fights.

VvV is not a perfect system but it is a start. The players asked for something quick. Stat loss is only a mild inconvenience, which is also what players wanted. The different towns provide different scenery with open and choke fights when people are on to do them while making the majority of the Fel towns useful again.

A few additions and it could be great.

Bump, this needs more attention to get things changed...
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    How come you can't say something/click somewhere to see what city is active when you are already logged in?  That makes it annoying enough to do towns.

Also- there should be some way to pick what town is active.  Sometimes waiting for a fun town sucks and the fights end up moving to yew or a dungeon because people don't want to wait. 
  • CetricCetric Posts: 152
    Would love a vvv revamp.  PvP needs something desperately.  In a bad way right now.
    I just did a shard transfer (I quit guild which insta took me out of vvv then transferred) silver points did not transfer so I don’t under how you transfer silver points. 

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    They could mean your overall vvv town status points and not your current silver points.  Like one of my characters has over 500k total points throughout the years, that part does xfer with you, just not your current silver points.
    I miss a lot of the faction perks. From controlling towns and giving out titles such as Sheriff or finance Minister and so on.... Why cant you find a way to bring those back. Maybe allowing the guild that wins each specific city overall for the month, to control it for the following month with the old Faction setup and the Guild Leader being the default for accessing city stones and giving titles out? Then members use there own silver points or guilds now gain points to bring in guards and/or vendors like the old sheriffs and Finance Ministers use to do. 

As far as the VvV "traps" go, they are broken. Majority of the time u spend 1/4 of the time just finding a place you can place it unlike the old "FUN" days where u could just line them up. I like the turret idea but they are expensive for just a 20min fight and should be lowerd. 10k silver points is a lot and should change the 10+ pink account bound  with random skill to +5 random skill and can be sold. That would fill up cities by itself, prob with people that dont ever pvp as well.
    The titles were cool. I do miss actual silver. I sort of wish you could pledge to a certain town. I think that would be neat to have a title in an actual town.

I'm going on a limb and guess Kyronix was asking about the top 10 favorite artifacts to put into a VvV revamp which would be cool. 
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    VvV doesn’t need new armor items. It does however need a revamp. There’s too many towns that are just NOT fun for fights. The best towns are Jhelom, Occlo, and moon glow. There’s a ton of strategic points wether it’s using the shrubs in glow or just having buildings to field between in occlo. Jhelom has always been a favorite for me since it’s where my UO characters were born and it feels right. Brit,Trinny and Minoc feel like too big of an area to traverse and scout due to low pop. I’d suggest like Paith said. An option to select the new VvV town and an addition, not cycle them. So when you see a town active you know someone is working it. Would be great @Bleak if you could be the awesome engineering boss and remove those dang server lines from Bucs Den somehow and make that a town. Those fights would be EPIC it’s such a cool layout not being used. You could always mirror the land mass somewhere else on the map and change gate destination :). As for
    rewards. All most people pick are horses, stat pots and novas minus the few arties. Not really much to choose from worth grinding. Especially since the SoTs are character bound not even account bound. Adding new hued mounts, dyes, types of mounts, making the essence of courage worth the investment. Maybe 2000 silver for 3 full recharge of readiness. There’s a bunch that could make it fun.