Enhanced or Classic what do you prefer and why?

crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
I've played both, they each have their advantages and disadvantages. I have noticed that EC ppl tend to be 'faster' running wise for PvP. 

Comments

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Classic.
    I just can't grasp certain things in EC. For some reason the smoothness and movements also makes me dizzy. I do try to use EC for a few little functions though.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    EC with Pinco's for ease of use.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Slow news day 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TimTim Posts: 790
    EC for so meany reasons the main being I don't have to add in or run 3rd party applications. 
    Tim said:
    EC for so meany reasons the main being I don't have to add in or run 3rd party applications. 
    So every single player in your guild uses EC so they know where you are and you don’t need uocartographer?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2019
    @Tim does the EC Map have all the functions as UOAM.  Can you put in the location of say 100 SOSs.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Gidge said:
    Classic.
    I just can't grasp certain things in EC. For some reason the smoothness and movements also makes me dizzy. I do try to use EC for a few little functions though.
    I also have problems much like that and can have an "Attack" just sitting there in EC, the room will start to spin and I feel as if I am going to fall out of mine office chair, so I avoid EC using only the scroll in and out feature it has to help others to place in tight locations.  I also hate the art work in EC!  It is "Lousy"
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    EC because it has better and smoother graphics, I can actually read the gumps, better macros, bag and chests are grid based and not mess based, zoom in and out, etc.
    The CC looks like 20 year old 8 bit chunky graphics. 
    Mervyn said:
    Tim said:
    So every single player in your guild uses EC so they know where you are and you don’t need uocartographer?
    I would get kicked from our guild if I didn’t connect to map. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mervyn said:
    Slow news day 

:D  :D :D

A fresh and new topic! Yay

IBTL
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Tim said:
    No.  I and my friends don't use a map app to tell were we are at all times. If one of us need to know were the other is we ask in chat or some other way. On some occasions when appropriate we party and use the built in map.

I personally find the idea of even people I know and trust having to know were I am at all times in game slightly stalker creepy. 

Or do they just need to know were you are to be elsewhere?  o:)
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Pawain said:
    Mervyn said:
    Slow news day 

IBTL
    Waiting for opinions on which client should be immediately discontinued.
    Sliss said:
    Pawain said:
    Mervyn said:
    Slow news day 

IBTL
    Waiting for opinions on which client should be immediately discontinued.
    This is an important discussion that is too often kill because someone has decided their "side" is losing. 

New and some times old players don't necessarily know the plus and minuses of each client. If we don't talk about it how can they know. If it wasn't for discussions like this one I for one wouldn't know that EC apparently give some people headaches. Information I could now pass on to a new player thinking of quitting because he gets headaches.
    Tim said:
    If it wasn't for discussions like this one I for one wouldn't know that EC apparently give some people headaches. Information I could now pass on to a new player thinking of quitting because he gets headaches.
    Oh I would not worry about that. The only people I heard complaining of headaches in EC are the current CC users. Miraculously, I have never seen a new user complain of this. Which is not to say it's not real. It is uncomfortable for me to look at jittery movement in CC. I suppose, if over the years, your brain and eyes adapt to it to the point where jerky movement looks normal, seeing smooth movement all of a sudden can be disconcerting.
    edited March 2019
    I’ve yet to see anyone at a meet and greet ask why there are running and casting speed differences with the clients and if they intend to make them equal. Instead we get shills asking stupid questions about adding plants like snowdrops to the ant quest. 

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Bilbo said:
    @ Tim does the EC Map have all the functions as UOAM.  Can you put in the location of say 100 SOSs.
    Yeah just click the Sos and select trammel or felucca and it puts a dot right on your map.  Can't be easier.

sos.jpg 72.6K

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Sliss said:
    Tim said:
    If it wasn't for discussions like this one I for one wouldn't know that EC apparently give some people headaches. Information I could now pass on to a new player thinking of quitting because he gets headaches.
    Oh I would not worry about that. The only people I heard complaining of headaches in EC are the current CC users. Miraculously, I have never seen a new user complain of this. Which is not to say it's not real. It is uncomfortable for me to look at jittery movement in CC. I suppose, if over the years, your brain and eyes adapt to it to the point where jerky movement looks normal, seeing smooth movement all of a sudden can be disconcerting.

I get a motion sickness type ill when looking at any 3d type fast movement game. HD TV does the same.
    I wonder if the headaches are caused by running the EC in full screen mode with an odd refresh rate.  I normally do not use full screen mode but on a hunch I just switched on the full screen mode and changed the refresh rate to 40 fps and I got a headache really fast.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    TimSt said:
    I wonder if the headaches are caused by running the EC in full screen mode with an odd refresh rate.  I normally do not use full screen mode but on a hunch I just switched on the full screen mode and changed the refresh rate to 40 fps and I got a headache really fast.
    I play in a windowed mode when I do and get the woozies.I didn't know there was a refresh rate for the EC screen, I will check that out. I have not found this issues with other games. I don't have an HD TV. (No tv actually!) nor monitor, but I do get sick being the first in line at a train crossing watching the train or sitting at a major intersection watching the cars go by. (I've learned to compensate in various ways) I do from time to time get ill sitting in the back seat as well. I have decent vision really other than astigmatisms. B)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited March 2019
    Bilbo said:
    @ Tim does the EC Map have all the functions as UOAM.  Can you put in the location of say 100 SOSs.

Everything I know of to date, lacks the main function UOAM has - the dual purpose chat function that works ingame and in a permanent chat box that you can come back to if you missed it. The game chat function is too easy to miss, and often the journal has gone so you can't pick up stuff, and external chat/voice software doesn't record ingame for when you are actually playing - and quite often, you just don't want to be talking when you are resting after a days work.

Whilst I have used EC, I do use Discord, I use Cartographer for the EC guys, my favourite style is UO, UOA and UOAM - nothing beats that set-up in terms of sociability and teamwork aspects - Throw in Discord on top when you need voice comms for largescale PvP, and Carto to track the EC players.

If I could take anything from the EC map, it would be the location of wandering healers. EC of course has macros - UO can have scripts...

Urge said:

I get a motion sickness type ill when looking at any 3d type fast movement game. HD TV does the same.
    So the problem is not really with EC but with you being sensitive to any 3D game and even TV, is it?
    I’d like to try this “Enchanted” client I often read so much about.

Mervyn said:
    I’d like to try this “Enchanted” client I often read so much about.
    And now of course the comment intended to start the fight and get the discussion shut down. 
    If you can't be bothered to add to the the discussion please keep quiet.

The closed mouth gathers no foot.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Simple solution EC UI with the ability to pick CC/EC graphics and a map that has all the bells and whistles of UOAM/UOC and add a sort function like UOA to place items in bags.
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Mervyn said:
    I’ve yet to see anyone at a meet and greet ask why there are running and casting speed differences with the clients and if they intend to make them equal. Instead we get shills asking stupid questions about adding plants like snowdrops to the ant quest. 

I've yet to see you at a meet and greet asking your "important" questions.

In regards to the comment about which client should be killed, the one that allows more cheating has my vote. 

And the client that is a half ass attempt at fixing the client that allows cheating. 
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    Classic enhanced is ugly 

Don't knock the plant seeds from the ant quest.

• Cookie said:
    Bilbo said:

Everything I know of to date, lacks the main function UOAM has - the dual purpose chat function that works ingame and in a permanent chat box that you can come back to if you missed it. The game chat function is too easy to miss, and often the journal has gone so you can't pick up stuff, and external chat/voice software doesn't record ingame for when you are actually playing - and quite often, you just don't want to be talking when you are resting after a days work.

Whilst I have used EC, I do use Discord, I use Cartographer for the EC guys, my favourite style is UO, UOA and UOAM - nothing beats that set-up in terms of sociability and teamwork aspects - Throw in Discord on top when you need voice comms for largescale PvP, and Carto to track the EC players.

If I could take anything from the EC map, it would be the location of wandering healers. EC of course has macros - UO can have scripts...

You can fix that. Make a new channel and go in there. Then the chat is not scrolling like crazy.

Not sure if pinco got a better feature tho
  • I use EC since I returned 2014.
    Why because at that time I could run full screen and have bars
    Also the macros and Pinco makes it very nice  

I don't have issues with the motion however I think 95% of the graphics are nicer in CC

I would vote for CC to go as it less features. 
    The fact that the "bad" 3rd party tools are CC only is not relevant because you can script EC too in a way that you won't need those 3rd party tools. It's just not that common... 

However the main reason why I'd would like CC gone is to have One client only which needs to be supported. If that would mean a new client all together fine with that
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Please keep this thread to the reasons you like the client you use without attacking the other client, nor the people who use it.

Last I heard the choice to remove, or not remove, either client is not subject to player ballot.