MY GUILD WAS STOLEN!!!!

My Guild -Adventurers of Sosaria was stolen from me! I logged in today ALL of my characters have been kicked from the guild.  There were only four other chars in guild that weren't mine: Gimli, Cuda, Mystika, and Red.   Gimli died back in 2006.   The rest haven't been seen in guild in ages the last being Cuda in 2011.  

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Who is the Emissary?  And how do you know who is in the guild still if you are not in it?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • used the hidden uosearch.. and talk to GM.
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Glad you decided to post this.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Ummm, Cuda was ingame a week or so ago, iirc.  
    Who was the emissary that kicked you out?
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Were you the guildleader?
  • Yes, I was guild leader on my character Hemlock.  My other Chars Sebastian, Cold Steel and Eowyn were emissaries.   I was away from game for 29 day due to my house flooding, I have the pictures and bills as proof.  As for Cuda he's come back to game recently, as I have had the guild since 2009.

edited March 2019
    OK.  I do not know what level members can kick players out. Now that you have given more info, maybe someone else knows what could have happened or how you can return to the guild.

IMO Eowyn turned against you and kicked the others out.  I do not think he can be trusted. :)
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    It only takes being a member to be able to vote out the guild leader.

From the UO wiki page on guilds:

- Guild members do not have to vote for anyone, but they are still counted towards the total number of votes in the guild.
    - Voting for no one is effectively voting for the current Guild Leader.
    - Guild members cannot vote for an inactive player.
    - Guild members cannot vote for the current Guild Leader.
    - Whenever an active guild member’s vote becomes illegal, their vote defaults to none.
    - If a guild member becomes inactive, their vote is no longer valid, nor are they counted towards the total number of votes when determining a majority.
    - Votes are not known to anyone but the individual guild member.
    - The voting tally is also not known to anyone through the guild interface itself – though they can always tally it by asking the other guild members and adding it up themselves.
    - Guild members may change their vote any number of times.
    - Who you are voting for is indicated by an asterisk ( * ) after that guild member’s name. For example, if you are voting for Bob, you would see Bob’s name listed as “Bob *” in the guild roster.
    - When a guild member other than the current Guild Leader achieves a 2/3 majority of the votes, they will replace the current Guild Leader.
    - If a Guild Leader deletes their character, the guild member with the most votes becomes the new Guild Leader. In the case of a tie, a winner will be selected randomly.
    - If a Guild Leader is voted out of their position, they are demoted to the rank of Member.

So I'm assuming that since you were away for an extended period, it considered you inactive, and when the other player returned, they had the default majority vote as the only currently active player. So while it sucks, it seems like it was perfectly valid per the guild voting mechanics.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I have tried doing guild search and Character search and got no results. The site I am using is MYUO, Is there another way to locate guilds and other players?

Arron said:
    I have tried doing guild search and Character search and got no results. The site I am using is MYUO, Is there another way to locate guilds and other players?

You can go through the Japanese one I think still. I've not checked in a while.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    My UO is currently hidden because it is not being updated.
    During the 29 days you were offline was your account inactive? If yes, the guild may have automatically transfered to the only active player in it. With no intention or action on their part, however that would not cause your characters to be kicked.
    That could be.   One guild I know of, the leader had quit, and one day another member logged in and was the guildleader-just appointed by the system, I guess, for being the first one to log in LOL.

TBH I don't think it counts inactive or active account, I (best I can tell from experience) believe it just looks at last login activity on THAT character,  If Hemlock is guildleader, and he himself hadn't been logged in, it wouldnt matter about the other chars on the acct whether they had been ingame or not.

And if your other chars hadn't 'voted' for Hemlock when they joined, it kinda left him hanging out there vulnerable

Arron said:

Yeah...that didn't last long did it.  Amazing.
  • I have a guild on a shard I don't play on much, and several times someone else has been made leader because I forgot to log in for a longer period of time. That could be what happened to you, and the new leader decided to kick out your characters as well. The only other explanation I can come up with is that they voted for the new leader. I did that in a guild where everyone but my one character were active. I ended up becoming the leader that way.

• This the ONLY online game I know of that a player can have an emergency/disaster and is 1000%  guaranteed to get kicked in the teeth and F-ed over.    Yet people have to ask WHY we are dying.  GEEZ   :s
    Faeryl said:
    It only takes being a member to be able to vote out the guild leader.

From the UO wiki page on guilds:

- Guild members do not have to vote for anyone, but they are still counted towards the total number of votes in the guild.
    - Voting for no one is effectively voting for the current Guild Leader.
    - Guild members cannot vote for an inactive player.
    - Guild members cannot vote for the current Guild Leader.
    - Whenever an active guild member’s vote becomes illegal, their vote defaults to none.
    - If a guild member becomes inactive, their vote is no longer valid, nor are they counted towards the total number of votes when determining a majority.
    - Votes are not known to anyone but the individual guild member.
    - The voting tally is also not known to anyone through the guild interface itself – though they can always tally it by asking the other guild members and adding it up themselves.
    - Guild members may change their vote any number of times.
    - Who you are voting for is indicated by an asterisk ( * ) after that guild member’s name. For example, if you are voting for Bob, you would see Bob’s name listed as “Bob *” in the guild roster.
    - When a guild member other than the current Guild Leader achieves a 2/3 majority of the votes, they will replace the current Guild Leader.
    - If a Guild Leader deletes their character, the guild member with the most votes becomes the new Guild Leader. In the case of a tie, a winner will be selected randomly.
    - If a Guild Leader is voted out of their position, they are demoted to the rank of Member.

So I'm assuming that since you were away for an extended period, it considered you inactive, and when the other player returned, they had the default majority vote as the only currently active player. So while it sucks, it seems like it was perfectly valid per the guild voting mechanics.
     :)  Good Answer!

But the post above.  :|
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    This the ONLY online game I know of that a player can have an emergency/disaster and is 1000%  guaranteed to get kicked in the teeth and F-ed over.    Yet people have to ask WHY we are dying.  GEEZ   :s
    uhh, right.

FFXIV - GM doesn't log in for 30 days, goes to the next highest rank.
    WoW - similar.

So, basically, you don't play other online games is what I'm hearing.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I'm sorry for your difficulties.

But your and more importantly my private life is not UO's business. They (I hope) don't track you private life and so can't make accommodations for any emergency/disaster. Broadsword is not big brother or Google for that mater. 
    I attempted to vote for a char on what I knew was a closed account to change leader and it said something about inactive account or the like. So it lets people know you are paying as well I guess.

I remember them doing this to help the people in a guild where they were the only active one.