Possibilities of imbuing/reforging

Looked like an interesting discussion, but it's on the wrong thread. @Pawain ; @Tim can we move it here?

Here's my contribution

mr4.jpg 31.7K

Comments

• What's the context of this thread for those that missed the original discussion? I get it's a chef's hat but what are you trying to showcase? The mods on that are throwaway legendary junk people don't even bother to loot.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    gay.png 167.1K
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    The posts of the two people I referred to are in this thread: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3441/extra-character#latest

Which is obviously not to do with imbuing or reforging, however I thought their posts deserved to be answered and discussed. I know that hat isn't 'godly', it belongs to my chef. But it does confirm that MR4 can be reforged. 

FYI  not everyone feels the need to have 'godly' armor, especially if they don't pvp, "good enough to survive in" does ok for all my characters, most of whom have a mix of treasure map loot, reforged and straightforward imbued pieces in their kits.
    The trick to imbuing good pieces, is to reforge with low end runics, powerful (2) charge items only, to get few mods on but high intensity, then imbue what you want onto them.
    jew.png 86.8K
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• TimTim Posts: 790
    edited February 2019
    Also keep in mind once you hit the caps anything else is just wasted. I regularly make Luck suits with the last step enhance with spined leather 40 luck +9 to physical and low and behold I get physical resist of 80 or 90. Of course only the first 70 do count.

So have your steps planed out before you start. In the above I start with the lowest physical resists I can make.

edit:    opps reread thread header and I’m off topic sorry :(
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited March 2019
    I find a lot of armor pieces for mages so those stats don't interest me.

For a warrior that needs specific things, a studded piece is very difficult to find in loot.

My piece in the other thread would have these dream stats:

LMC 10
    MR 4
    Stamina +10
    Dex +5

Thats only 4 things.  My piece hit 2 of them and it can last forever. You get another stat from greater reforging. I got Stam regen 1.

@Mervyn and @Tim brought up lower tool reforging. And then Imbue.

The problem is that I would only be able to hit 2 with that method at max. Then imbue.  Imbuing has limitations.  You can not imbue + Dex. MR only goes to 2. Stamina only goes to 8. LMC only goes to 8%.

So I would have to lesser reforge and hit +5 Dex and MR 4
    Then I could imbue Stamina 8 and LMC 8. 
    I'm still at only 2 of them at max.
    An imbued piece can only be repaired so it wont last forever. Khaldun was a durability killer.

Sorry @Petra_Fyde ; I should have looked at the chart before I said MR only gets 3.

The real point is that these crafted armor pieces will have really low resist stats and only 5 of the stats you want (including resists).  There are loot pieces that have my 4 stats and >18 in all resists and have + Mana and +Intel! 

Here are 2 decent Reforged pieces.  Not great but I do not have much patience.(legs refined)

Here are 2 Leg pieces that are not worth a lot but look at the stats:
    If the tunic were Studded  Oh My

Like I said, Mage stuff is easy to find:

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    A 255 durability piece even though it cannot be repaired will last forever if you repair it when needed. Im making an assumption that they don’t cure death irl by old age. 

“Mervyn and Tim bought up imbueing??”
    Think you’ll find it’s the thread title.

Mervyn said:
    A 255 durability piece even though it cannot be repaired will last forever if you repair it when needed. 
    *though it cannot be PoFed

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Mervyn said:
    Mervyn said:
    A 255 durability piece even though it cannot be repaired will last forever if you repair it when needed. 
    *though it cannot be PoFed

You dont fight very many hours. 
    Watching players do a spawn for 20 minutes and then killing in 1 min will not wear out your equipment.  Repairing is not 100% using a crafter or deed.

That gorget in the picture was new in December.  Im a mage and avoid being hit.  Up close combat wears out items.

With your playstyle you may never get to 0 on the first round.  Other people use their items.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    What would be beneficial to players would be a spreadsheet or tool that showed them the possible outcomes of certain reforges. Starting with the possibility with the least # of properties. This would require quite a tremendous amount of datamining though. It could be done though. 

Example.
    I want Stam 10 + HP 7. 
    No Brittle 
    Can be repaired 

Results 

Stam 10 + HP 7 Clean 
    Agapite Runic Hammer 
    Powerful 
    Grand 
    Inspired 
    Exalted 
    Sublime 

Name 1. Animated of Haste
    Name 2. MIghty of Vitality 

Stam 10 + Hp 7 Dex 4 
    Verite Runic Hammer 
    Grand 
    Inspired 
    exalted 
    Sublime  

Name 1. Animated of Haste
    Name 2. MIghty of Vitality 

Etc etc etc 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

What is a good strategy for deciding on which properties to reforge and which properties to imbue?

• TimTim Posts: 790
    TimSt said:

What is a good strategy for deciding on which properties to reforge and which properties to imbue?

I reforge what I want highest because you can get more "power" for reforging. Example is Luck max in reforging 150 imbuing only 100. 
    Adding luck was the thing I wanted to do.  My planned imbuing (hpi: 5, hpr: 2, lrc: 17, lmc: 7, mr: 2) has a weight of 491. Would I need to include powerful reforging so I can reforg for max luck and keep my planned imbuing?
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    TimSt said:
    Adding luck was the thing I wanted to do.  My planned imbuing (hpi: 5, hpr: 2, lrc: 17, lmc: 7, mr: 2) has a weight of 491. Would I need to include powerful reforging so I can reforg for max luck and keep my planned imbuing?
    Sadly it doesn't work that way. You have to reforge before imbuing, and then the mod takes weight away from it. 

I think I described to you how to reforge MR 3 + 150 luck in another thread. So from there You would drop the MR to 2 

(Weight 250) 
    MR 2 
    Luck 150 

From there you would have to work with the remaining 250 points. 
    Lmc 7 
    lrc 17 
    Hpi 3 

And then enhance with spined for +40 Luck. 
    Can you reforg iteratively? For example reforg different tunics until you get that 20 poison resist that you want then reforg that particular tunic to add in 150 luck?  Or do you have to reforg for both resist and luck at the same time on the different tunics until you get one that has both 20 poison resist and 150 luck?  I was thinking of ways to save on charges.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    afraid not, you can only reforge items with no properties

What exactly does powerful, structural, and fundamental reforging do? The wikis say  more magical power. But what does that actually mean?