New Chivalry item and craft item, Book of Sacred Journey.

I was thinking about this as a online store item but think it would play a lot better if its a Paladin craft item. A book of Sacred Journey would be like a standard book of Chivalry but would have sacred journey spell on the third page, along with the ability to store marked rune locations. Its mostly a convenience item as you can get a rune book and do and generally do the same. The up side is that it allows a Paladin to store a few locations such as a house, boat ans possibly some portal locations in his book of Chivalry. Also it can be a higher end craft book, so its good for the game economy.

Personally I feel we need more low end , more so Mid end and greatly more high end items. As in that if a player has one craft item that is one possible sale, if he has ten high end items that is possibly 10 sales.

Comments

• TyrtleTyrtle Posts: 15
    We already have the Rune Book and Runic Atlas you can Recall, Sacred Journey and Gate from?  What would be the difference?  I am just confused what this would add to the game.  
  • PenNPaperPenNPaper Posts: 97
    Tyrtle said:
    We already have the Rune Book and Runic Atlas you can Recall, Sacred Journey and Gate from?  What would be the difference?  I am just confused what this would add to the game.  
      Convenience and possibly a popular craft item for crafters.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    How would having to carry a different book on my paladin that only paladins can use be more convenient than carrying a book we already have that any toon can use?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    How would having to carry a different book on my paladin that only paladins can use be more convenient than carrying a book we already have that any toon can use?

Oh the book of Sacred Journey would be able to be used rather than the regular book of Chivalry so you could just carry the book of Sacred Journey. So you would still only carry one book.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    I would rather see chiv have a spell in their book that marks a rune.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 458
    Do you really need another thread on store items?  A moderator did a nice job condensing the other two threads.

I for one, would love a skill specific runebook artwork and name, but it shouldn't have added functionality and it shouldn't be a recipe.  All recipes should be available in game or in booster packs with many items.  IMO.
    Feigr said:
    Do you really need another thread on store items?  A moderator did a nice job condensing the other two threads.
      Was not thinking of this for a store Item rather a craft item though it could go there???.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    edited March 2018
    Store items shouldn't give bonuses over crafted items. That's edging ever closer to P2W, which isn't a place UO should go. Leave those kinds of tacky, blatant cash grabs to SotA. 
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    Tyrath said:
    I second this!
    AQHF said:
    Tyrath said:
    I second this!
    I second t his also.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 458
    Class specific things add flavor to the class. If you do these Warcraft type things where everyone gets the same abilities it just removes from the game in my opinion.  Recall was pushing it, but I saw the logic.