Salvage Bag

I'm raising skill up in tailoring and using the salvage bag.
I am using the crystal ball of knowledge, for optimal skill gains.
I am now high enough that optimal shows for making a gilded kilt.
I filled up my bag and tried to select salvage cloth.
It wont salvage it...

This is an item that you must have a recipe to craft.
Is there any way that other items can be added to the list, so we can receive cloth back?
Gilded kilt has no turn-in value.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Looking at the tailor craftables list https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/tailoring/tailor-craftables/ I would suggest crafting studded gloves or tribal masks. I think you will find they give the same result on the crystal ball of knowledge, both can be salvaged.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Make Garg cloth armor
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    thank you
    actually the skill I was at, those only had 12% chance to make, so I just went to oil cloth & am now beyond where I needed my skill to be...
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    A reply to an old post, but one of the options if you want a return other than half your material back, is to make cloth and leather ninja hoods, and turn them in at the Britain library to the appropriate NPC (most efficiently done if the tailor in training has done the quest to donate). You could ride in on a beetle, or recall into the library with loaded pack animals, and train there and make 1000-2000 points per crafting cycle. 

But, getting materials back, garg cloth armor is the way to go. 

The third option is to fill studded leather and bone armor Bulk Order Deeds, so you can get rewards or banked points from them. I've trained 3 tailors to 120 that way, 1 of them only filling BODs and the other two only not filling BODs when doing oil cloths.  And, I've gotten 2 more tailor BOD runners up to 115+ with just BODs (thanks to filling BODs with them during the holiday Artisan festivals)