Forged metal of artifact

2»

Comments

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Bickering is unbecoming. Say your piece and let it stand.  
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Some of the best conversations contain bickering, as long as it's controlled.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Mervyn said:
    @ Pawain and @ Bilbo

I can't seem to get any warning about enhancing, i need to switch on warning somewhere in options?
    I'm with you.  I thought the warning was in the words in the bottom left of the screen.  I thought it said something like, this has a small chance to succeed and will destroy the item if not successful. Select the item.

I place my vote for a warning.

I always open one of the web pages for enhancing, imbuing, or reforging when I do those things.  Others may not.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I'm saying if they're giving a warning gump it should show the percentage chance of success/chance to lose the item
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    doesnt enhanced client navigate you around trees already? @Bilbo
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I only us CC so not sure.
  • Mervyn said:
    I'm saying if they're giving a warning gump it should show the percentage chance of success/chance to lose the item
    This is actually a really cool idea. Forged tools need to be 100% though. 
    those legendarys youre having a hard time enhancing are already over weight thats the idea of a tool just make the gold to buy a tool and enhance ten items for 4 mil a piece 
    It’s not right to have 0 chance without a tool and 100% with. Should be like 60% chance without a tool and 90% with. They won’t sell any less tools as a 10% failure rate will effectively mean 10% less charges so people will need to buy more. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• XareXare Posts: 124
    Mervyn said:
    The warning is not for me, but for new players. I write the wikis on crafting but yeah i should read more..
    BS.  Based on your post history, there's no way in hell you even know what tongs are used for.
  • The chance is not 0% percent without the tool, we just have no idea what the chance is, i have enhanced items without a forged metal of artifacts in the past and succeeded. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Even if it was 75% chance without the tool I would still use the tool for 100% so my item is not destroyed. 
  • Bilbo said:
    Well @ Mervyn any crafter out there worth their salt already knows this so it is obvious that you know squat about crafting.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Mervyn said:
    The warning is not for me, but for new players. I write the wikis on crafting but yeah i should read more..
    Which wikis, where?  Not the ones here, that much I do know.
    Mervyn said:
    You go girl.
    Mervyn said:
    It’s not right to have 0 chance without a tool and 100% with. Should be like 60% chance without a tool and 90% with. They won’t sell any less tools as a 10% failure rate will effectively mean 10% less charges so people will need to buy more. 
    i would never ever enhanced an item or buy a tool if this was the case i wouldnt risk breaking my stuff 
    edited February 2019
    Yeah thanks hunter11, if more people were like you, decent 190 luck items and weapons with split damage etc would become very sort after. Rather than people literally just upgrading their equipment for real money. 

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Was bored, so I gave it a look. Not sure where the crafting guides are though. YW. http://www.uoguide.com/Special:Contributions/Mervyn
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited February 2019
    I think you'll find, although the official wiki page on reforging/imbuing values shows Mariah's name, I supplied the base spreadsheet with all the info.

This attempt to discredit me is doing nothing but prove my own point. Let us say I didn't know that attempting to enhance something could result in an item being lost. If I didn't know and my account is 211 months old, it's even more of an argument to put a warning gump in..

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I acknowledge that Mervyn did supply some information to update and improve that page. However the page did exist prior to his input, as did the pages on reforging and imbuing.
    Mervyn said:
    I think you'll find, although the official wiki page on reforging/imbuing values shows Mariah's name, I supplied the base spreadsheet with all the info.

This attempt to discredit me is doing nothing but prove my own point. Let us say I didn't know that attempting to enhance something could result in an item being lost. If I didn't know and my account is 211 months old, it's even more of an argument to put a warning gump in..

Just proves you know absolutely nothing about crafting.  Destroying items by crafters has been in the game since crafting was made.  How may pieces or armor/weapons/shields were destroyed when trying to repair an item before repair deeds at Brit Smith Shop, bet you didn't know that either.  Yes even enhancing with gold/spine could destroy items.  Remember old Tower of Roses, maybe you dont but the real crafters do, here is a link http://tor.bplaced.net/enhance.htm that is dated 2004.  All crafters knew and used ToR, so please stop with your BS.  Every new crafter was told to read the crafting guides on stratics and to use ToR.  You are so clueless it isn't even funny.  Stop with this BS of warning everybody about everything and make people learn about the game by tell them basic stuff and where to find reading material about what they want.  If it were up to you alls you would be doing is clearing out endless warnings every step you take.
    JollyJade said:
    Mervyn said:
    Was bored, so I gave it a look. Not sure where the crafting guides are though. YW. http://www.uoguide.com/Special:Contributions/Mervyn
    Not one single entry about crafting and you assume that they are the same people.
    Mervyn said:

https://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/
    Last modified: September 24, 2014

Copy/paste works so well
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I have to admit that Mervyn did not copy/paste the page from Stratics. The part of the page that Mervyn is responsible for is the (L) (I) (R) notations in the 'found on' column, which I have explained in the paragraph above the table.
    edited February 2019
    Actually Bilbo, if you looked closely there were entries on uoguide under Armor, and Boards (even an entry about enhancing with special boards).

It’s not important at all. Let us have it Bilbos way, let us say I know nothing about anything. My point was about adding a warning gump and displaying the odds of destruction/success. 

Bilbo tell me the odds of enhancing or destroying a legendary piece with 1200 intensity. Even looking on a wiki won’t tell you the odds. 

Mervyn said:
    Actually Bilbo, if you looked closely there were entries on uoguide under Armor, and Boards (even an entry about enhancing with special boards).

It’s not important at all. Let us have it Bilbos way, let us say I know nothing about anything. My point was about adding a warning gump and displaying the odds of destruction/success. 

Bilbo tell me the odds of enhancing or destroying a legendary piece with 1200 intensity. Even looking on a wiki won’t tell you the odds. 
    • This page was last modified on 12 April 2013.

http://www.uoguide.com/Blacksmithy

Enhancing Arms & Armaments

To enhance an item using the Blacksmithy skill:

• Stand near a forge and anvil (either, alone is insufficient).
    • Stock you backpack with the metal type you wish to utilize.
    • Double-click a smith’s hammer, tongs, or sledgehammer that is located in your backpack.
    • A crafting menu will appear.
    • Select the appropriate metal type and click on the Enhance Item button located in the lower-right of the menu.
    • Target the item you wish to enhance.

Instead of "enhancing", many Blacksmiths refer to this process as "destroying".

edited February 2019
    You know you can enhance with more than blacksmithy right? So what’s the %chance? C’mon, you’ve done your homework and looked it up...
    if any new player can look it up, surely you can tell us.