Pub 104 - Triton Pet

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
edited April 2019 in Test Center
Feedback for the Triton pet.  Claim yours at the Britain Commons.

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    I'm afraid I'm speechless right now. (which for me is unheard of) I don't even know what to say.  I'm still processing it. Unhelpful, I know.

Maybe you can clarify some things for me so I can take that into consideration with my followup feedback:

Based on the cliloc and tc, this will indeed be given to players in a statue form as a reward?

Is this meant to be a high, medium or low end reward ?  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    Likened to a Najasaurus but with healing and you can give it whatever special abilities you want.

I think it’s way overpowered, basically no point in having any other non mountable pet as this can have everything except rune corruption. 

Guess i’ll be releasing my other 20 pets and replacing them with 20 Tritons.

Exploit analysis:
    possible exploit found, pending.
    Dev to PM for info

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    Guess i’ll be releasing my other 20 pets and replacing them with 20 Tritons.

Thats being a bit overly dramatic.  Especially considering the pet is 50% physical and 50% energy.  If you don't see the drawback of that, I know some people who can teach you about taming. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited February 2019
    I can not reach the clicky to get the pet and I have >12k Karma and Fame and cant add Chiv on it.

But everyone else seems to be able to reach the clicky and add Chiv.

Edit: I was clicking the little statue and not the Pillar.

Looks good to me.  Make more pets with this intensity.

I will not get rid of any pets.  Can have the same build with better damages on many pets.

Thanks.   

Where will this Spawn?

Also want to see how Mervyn is going to overcome the two worst damage types with more HP.

Since I cant get Chiv, I do not see Necro as a choice either.  Can they get Necro?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Ok reading Khaelors reply.  Since this is a reward that will probably very difficult to get, please leave as is!
    Here is how OP it is, take a look at the stats of a dragon, which is 4 slot. And this is 2 slot, and it's already got about 2 x the stats, the dex on the thing is insane.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

So the Dex is overcapped.  Dex does not increase damage per second.  High dex means it will get hung around corners in dungeons faster. Also High dex means less Intelligence so it will regen Mana slower.

How much Strength does that dragon have?  This hits max at 700.

It will do the same damage as any well built pet.  No more damage but it will regen mana slower.
    Also that damage is toward most high level Mobs higher resists.  So actually it will do less damage.

It is also not a mount.
    edited February 2019
    its not even 100 phys, what is your order of preferred damage output then?
    Are you going to put poison above energy even though loads of creatures have 100 poison resist? 

edited February 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Here is how OP it is, take a look at the stats of a dragon, which is 4 slot. And this is 2 slot, and it's already got about 2 x the stats, the dex on the thing is insane.
    Actually it doesn't have 2x the stats.   I thought you were better at math than this.  Dragons, also, have innate magery which is 1500 points of intensity being counted.  Being dramatic for the sake of being dramatic, I'm not sure where that helps.

Dex is capped at 190, so the overcapped dex does nothing but subtract from the maximum possible inteliigence slightly.  Frost Drakes also spawned with overcapped dex up to 182, 8 off cap. 

I was hoping Kyronix would reply before giving my thoughts. There is a fundamental flaw we see currently with the pet, but I'm trying to understand the design or intention of the pet before I go into my response.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Violet said:
    I'm afraid I'm speechless right now. (which for me is unheard of) I don't even know what to say.  I'm still processing it. Unhelpful, I know.

Maybe you can clarify some things for me so I can take that into consideration with my followup feedback:

Based on the cliloc and tc, this will indeed be given to players in a statue form as a reward?

Is this meant to be a high, medium or low end reward ?  
    It will be delivered as a reward for participating in the Rising Tide event, which has been in testing on TC1.  The "high-medium-low" end reward is almost not something we want to focus on right now - more-so we are looking at feedback from tamers as to the desirability and utility of said pet. The "how much" comes after, so we are looking for your thoughts on the pet, independent of other factors as it relates to the event.
    Look at Mobs that have ???? HP.  Most any other combination of damage would be better.

A high starting lesser Hiryu can get AI/magic and have the same end build including HP.  The problem with that pet is 100% phy damage.  But it is mountable.

Personally I like building pets I'm happy this can be build well. 

50% Fire 50% poison would be sweet.  

Next I would like a Necro pet that can get a good build and 600HP.
    edited February 2019
    I have no doubt you're ecstatic with the Triton. God mode pet on. If this pet was 4 slot, it would still be good, 2 slot is crazy.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited February 2019
    My triton will not follow my commands.  When I try to use the follow menu command I get the message "Your pet refuses to follow that person".  Commands such as stop and stay are also ignored.  I gave my character 100 taming.  Do I need more?
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    TimSt said:
    My triton will not follow my commands.  When I try to use the follow menu command I get the message "Your pet refuses to follow that person".  Commands such as stop and stay are also ignored.  I gave my character 100 taming.  Do I need more?
    Do you have any Animal Lore? I think 100 Taming is just required to use the Statuette, but you will need at least 100 Taming and 100 Lore to command the pet (more once you start training it).
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

edited February 2019
    Mmm, well for all the negative press I receive. Bet I’m the only one who reported the exploit. Certain other people would go on test centre, claim the Triton and chit chat about stats then not mention a thing about the certain property it’s not supposed to have. 

Took me literally 10 seconds to discover something was a miss with it and I’m not the brightest spark, so there’s no way I’m the only one who found it. 

edited February 2019

It will be delivered as a reward for participating in the Rising Tide event, which has been in testing on TC1.  The "high-medium-low" end reward is almost not something we want to focus on right now - more-so we are looking at feedback from tamers as to the desirability and utility of said pet. The "how much" comes after, so we are looking for your thoughts on the pet, independent of other factors as it relates to the event.
    @Kyronix
    The fact that you designed it with 200 str is good.  Will take a complete training cycle to get to 700 str.  Also even if they had pack instincts they would not be that powerful if you use two of them.

If left as is there will be a lot of tamers doing High Seas content to get these new pets.  Since they do not have over capped Strength they will not do any more damage than any other pet type that can get 700 Str. They have no unique special ability that could be exploited by experienced tamers in the future.

The starting build and intensity allows casual tamers to earn one of these and build with any of the magics it can get.  It is difficult to "ruin" this pet by training since it starts out with some stats at max already.  That is good since we can not just go grab another.  I will need 3 spares to keep in statue form for deco.  The little ones are cute.

Unless I am misinformed, The dex exceeding 190 is a hindrance because dex is hard capped at 190. (but I am fine with it as is)

Some will not like the 2 damage types.  But casual tamers can kill many med to high end mobs with this pet as is after training and building.  There are tamers that have not found or can not afford taming primer III books. This pet will help them because of the higher HP and healing.
    The magic resist will help casual tamers kill more things in Eodon for trophies.

Can we up the stable count to 45.  I'm about full now.

Thank you for the new pet!!  *High Five*
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    I tried clicking on the obelisck (where it says "click me"). First nothing would happen. Now it says: "Sorry. You cannot receive another item at this time"
    Pawain said:

Unless I am misinformed, The dex exceeding 190 is a hindrance because dex is hard capped at 190. (but I am fine with it as is)

Some will not like the 2 damage types.  But casual tamers can kill many med to high end mobs with this pet as is after training and building.  There are tamers that have not found or can not afford taming primer III books. This pet will help them because of the higher HP and healing.
    The magic resist will help casual tamers kill more things in Eodon for trophies.

As long as dex is part of the same point pool as Str and Int, overcapping it pointless. Even if you get a faster running pet, the DPS will suffer.
    Split damage is suboptimal.
    I like how it looks.
    Biggest negative for me is that it's non-ridable. None of the current non-rideable pets have advantages significant enough to make them preferable to rideable pets (with exclusion of few specialized uses). In my case this will probably end up a stables queen as well.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    @Sliss make sure you patch up your client to see the little statuette it gives you.
    Kyronix said:
    @ Sliss make sure you patch up your client to see the little statuette it gives you.
    Thank you, that worked.
    Now that I played with it, I really do not see where the "God Mode" drama is coming from. It's a nice pet. Absence of built in abilities is a nice boost.
    However, the point allocation is fairly modest if you try to utilize available abilities. Here's an example:

This is a last round of training with 448 points left. This is not enough to scroll all of the skills, and mana allocation is a very modest 360.

I could see it used as a specialized pet due to flexibility. I do not see it being used often. 
    I definitely do not consider this being anything uber as there are existing pets that are superior in their damage type and available points.
    Sliss said:
    Thank you, that worked.
    Now that I played with it, I really do not see where the "God Mode" drama is coming from. It's a nice pet. Absence of built in abilities is a nice boost.
    However, the point allocation is fairly modest if you try to utilize available abilities. Here's an example:

This is a last round of training with 448 points left. This is not enough to scroll all of the skills, and mana allocation is a very modest 360.

I could see it used as a specialized pet due to flexibility. I do not see it being used often. 
    I definitely do not consider this being anything uber as there are existing pets that are superior in their damage type and available points.
    So, you are complaining about lack of points when you put Chiv (500 points), Frenzied Whirlwind (100 points, which also requires 500 more points in ninjtisu) AND armor ignore (another 100 points)? And 818 health AND 30 stamina regen?  Please tell me what other naturally spawning pet in game is capable of such a spec, there isnt any.  And yours is 48% (8924) of maximum intensity, higher than any other noninnate magical pet in game. That also means it can get up to 700 intensity points if you got a higher spawning one.  Also, if you would have picked 10 stam regen (which is a standard point allocation in current spawning magical capable pets) , you would have had enough for full scrolls.  There is not another animal in game that has that many points freely available.  Not even close.

Here is one I randomly got my first try on TC, it was rated as a 71%, it has about 325 more points than yours.  I gave it just a standard chiv/ai spec and ran out of places to spend the points because everything was capped: 

Capped out with Chivalry! 
    plus healing. Plus any special ability you want. Plus nice split damage energy/phys. There is no way any other pet in game can compete with this. It should spawn as 4 slot.

Mervyn said:
     Plus nice split damage energy/phys. 
    Please explain to me where in game you would personally prefer a 50% energy 50% physical pet over other damage spreads.
    edited February 2019
    energy damage is just good generally, lets take a look at monster's resists
    Starting at A
    Acid elemental, lower energy than phys
    Acid slug, all low except poison
    Agapite ele, energy is lowest
    Air ele, energy is lower than poison
    Air elemental shame, energy is lowest resist
    Ancient Lich, energy is lowest resist
    Ancient Wyrm, energy is lowest resist

Need i continue?

Energy damage is even good for pvp, you can curse people and it drops all resist by 10 except phys

edited February 2019
    Violet said:
    So, you are complaining about lack of points when you put Chiv (500 points), Frenzied Whirlwind (100 points, which also requires 500 more points in ninjtisu) AND armor ignore (another 100 points)? And 818 health AND 30 stamina regen?  Please tell me what other naturally spawning pet in game is capable of such a spec, there isnt any.  And yours is 48% (8924) of maximum intensity, higher than any other noninnate magical pet in game. That also means it can get up to 700 intensity points if you got a higher spawning one.  Also, if you would have picked 10 stam regen (which is a standard point allocation in current spawning magical capable pets) , you would have had enough for full scrolls.  There is not another animal in game that has that many points freely available.  Not even close.

I did say that it has nice flexibility, and I am aware that there is o existing pet that can have FW together with Chiv. However, there are plenty of pets that have this number of abilities, and have enough points to scroll anything and have a decent mana pool. Yes, I could have had 10 Stamina regen. I also could have had 0. Moreover, the way it sounds, this pet will be a reward after a very grueling gind available for a limited time. So it's not like you'll be able to farm them for top intensity.
    I don't see this pet as significantly better than the existing ones. Which was probably the intent - it has flexibility not available to other pets, yet you can't fully take advantage of it due to point limitations. Plus split damage and non-rideable.
    Mervyn said:
    Capped out with Chivalry! 
    plus healing. Plus any special ability you want. Plus nice split damage energy/phys. There is no way any other pet in game can compete with this. It should spawn as 4 slot.

Ok you need to go to thread where you know something about the item discussed.  4 slot?  620 points for scrolls 501 for chiv.  You'd have a pet with horrible resists and 350 Strength. and no regens.  Please go away.  Or go to TC and do 1 round of training as show us the PoS you can build.

The pet is fine as is.  It can do no more damage per second than MANY other pet types. There are other pets that can do more DPS.

This is a great pet as a reward for doing content. You can not recall to a spot and tame one.
    It should have more HP and or Mana than a pet you can spend 10 minutes finding and taming.

Players will see the high HP and think that makes it better. (just like Mervyn does)  They will buy High Seas do the content and find the pet dies just as often as the one they have now.  But, they spent time playing and having fun.  

Like I sad before, there are many mid to high level Mobs that this pet can kill with its damage types.  It is just not going to do as well against any peerless bosses.  It will need the high HP because the fight would be a lot longer if taken to one.

Also it will not be a good spawn killer.  It is not mountable and EoO in a crowd on the last spawn level will get it killed fast because you can not mount it and get it out of a crowd.

Non mounts are dis advantages in any crowded situation.

@Kyronix ; leave it as is and I will have every player on LS that I come in contact with doing the new High Seas contents this year.  The pet is excellent for new or returning players.  They will have to work to get it, and hopefully the content will be fun and rewarding.  Thanks

• As a tamer i am always ready to add to my extensive collection of pets.
    and im hoping this one is going to be a rare pet that will be solely gotten by way of the high seas mechanics and thus a super rare and specialized pet..

speaking as a tamer trying to do the high seas beacons and finding that the cannons are pretty effective against those orcs with 2000 hp and multiple mages in the group casting heal spells on them.

I like how it looks but the look has a lot to be desired when it comes to function.
    I would figure a pet gotten in the form of the high seas especially considering it looks like a newt 1/2 of the way from aquatic tadpole to the land based newt i really expected it to have the abilities of say a water elemental and actually be able to get off my ship cross threw the water and be able to attack the orcs on the beacon.  

now not yet knowing what you have planed for the idea of the beacons
    ie
    solo play
    vs
    multiple players and ships being the only way to take them down

then i dont know the reason for yet another pet that has little to know usage connected with the  high seas work we are doing with this update.

it certainly does not do a tamer any good to have it for trying solo beacons.  and as a long term tamer ranged combat via pets are well pretty useless for even the frost dragons and all their power in a melee combat their  long range combat ability using magery is pretty much useless.  leaving their only high damage move of fire ball something which they do not use any where near enough to make them effective in ranged combat against high hit point targets.

where as this new pet is cool and all and i will defiantly get my self a few when they come out i just cant see then as any more viable in ocean combat as the pets we already have access to.

give them the ability to get off the ship and swim on the water to attack the orcs on the beacons and all those monsters running around those beacons or give them the ability of the hydras doing a fire breath attack as powerful as the frost dragon but that will hit all targets in range then great we got us a worth wile pet to use in our new sea combat seniarois where the traditional pets would be useless.  

In general i do like them they have a good base and bring in that much needed element of variety to the game.  would be nice if they were a pet that could be trained in necromancy just so we have another one to support that skill set.

ack sorry i tried to put this in the pet discussion forum must have clicked the wrong button.  Ill try to get it in there now..
    edited February 2019
    If it’s not OP, why would everyone work so hard to get it and make sure they buy high seas? You just shot yourself in the foot. 
    The pet has healing and you can give it any special you want, they are 2 desirebles as is. People will still want the pet at 4 slot, I would. 

*deleted off topic content*

• GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I foresee these becoming sought after, like the Frost Drakes, but ultimately stabled and unused. 

We need a rideable healing pet that Humans do not have to sacrifice a footwear slot to ride.