UO Assist - FIXED

Lady_SparklesLady_Sparkles Posts: 38
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
Hello everyone. I am having issues with it updating again. Is anyone else having this issue? I also couldn't get their website page to come up today. Anyone know what's going on with it?

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It's down, even their emails are bouncing back
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited February 2019
    https://www.tugsoft.com/

This site can’t be reached

• Tugs dropping the ball.  
    someone call him and light a fire under his ass

Anyone have his phone number.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    "Hey Tug, you know that software we all bought (uses EC now more) and paid 15.00 for almost 20 yrs ago, yeah, could you update it please, 20 yrs later ?  Some of them haven't gotten their moneys worth yet,kthx bye"
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I stopped using UOA when they came up with the new crafting menu 
  • "Hey Tug, you know that software we all bought (uses EC now more) and paid 15.00 for almost 20 yrs ago, yeah, could you update it please, 20 yrs later ?  Some of them haven't gotten their moneys worth yet,kthx bye"
    Yeah!  Refund!! lol

edited February 2019
    UOA or illegal equivelent is required for UOAM/UOC to work for CC, it's not exactly optional. Hobson's Choice.

• I can't get the website to come up at all and I am totally lost without it after all these years. LOL

• psychopsycho Posts: 284

Best is to incorporate the UOA features into UO then drop UOA.
    And thats what I think they are doing.
    We got the pot macros, bandage heal, dress macros already and most likely more features to come.  But ofcourse not all features will be incorporated into UO.  EC client is way more advanced by 2d too. (still prefer 2d)

I wouldnt pay for UOA today.

I forgot about UOAutomap needing UOA to run, Any ideas how to work around that.
  • Last time, in Dec of 2017, Mandrake of DF came up with a way to change the RegParm for UOA to give us 10 more tries until Tugsoft updated the program. He hasn't done it this time. LOL WE need him again to save the day!! Where are you Mandrake?!?! LOL

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Says on the thread on the 'other' forum that it's fixed.
  • I found the old post and tried his suggestion for back then and it worked! I now have 10 more chances with UOA until they fix it. :) Thanks Mandrake of DF ;)

Below is from Mandrake's post in December 2017

**Updated**

Go to start - run, type Regedit.

Find Hkey_current_user/software/tugsoft/uoassist
    right click uo assist folder - export to file.
    Save it on your computer, as uoassist.reg or something u name.

Go down to RegInfo (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist\RegInfo)

Find RegParam - change that value to decimal: 2719528996 (hex:a218b824) Thank you @obeeee

Now your UOAssist should work with10 more tries.

Thank you all!
    jaytin said:
    Says on the thread on the 'other' forum that it's fixed.

This site can’t be reached

• Found the same info as Lady Sparkles and it does work. Yay! I wouldn't still be using it except for not being able to us AutoMap without it. And I can't get the in-game bandage self macro to work. Has that never worked or am I doing something wrong with that macro?

I really wish we had a decent UO mapping system.
    edited February 2019
    Why I use UOAssist:
    1 many of my keys won’t save uomacros but will save on uoassist (including mousewheel)
    2 UOCartograoher requires it
    3 uo macros for use items currently don’t give you a message that you’ve run out of those items 
    4 range check last target
    5 any uo “use item” macro is also counted for use “last object” macro, this is illogical macro behaviour.
    6 dress/arm, uoassist’s dress/arm macro will dress from a nearby container or mannequins.
    7 display of resources and health bar (on classic client if you have your char status open to see your pet/summons follower count there is no way to view your health bar)

1,3, and 5 are really the only this uo are likely to address. 

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Trollish comments have been removed.
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Rorschach said:
    Is calling a trollish comment trollish by its very nature?  If so, I call BS on this comment.
    I just found this on the internet.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ut/cedar-hills/profile/computer-hardware/tugsoft-inc-1166-5000243

OUT OF BUSINESS: According to information in BBB files, it appears that this business is no longer in business.

MAIL RETURNED: Mail sent to the business on 08/03/2018 was returned by the U.S. Postal Service as Undeliverable as Addressed. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Bilbo said:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ut/cedar-hills/profile/computer-hardware/tugsoft-inc-1166-5000243

OUT OF BUSINESS: According to information in BBB files, it appears that this business is no longer in business.

MAIL RETURNED: Mail sent to the business on 08/03/2018 was returned by the U.S. Postal Service as Undeliverable as Addressed. 
    Ouch.

Is there a way to then have UOAssist keep working without the need to update ?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Xare said:
    Rorschach said:
    Is calling a trollish comment trollish by its very nature?  If so, I call BS on this comment.
    There are times when responses to trollish comments are removed due to the fact that the comment is no longer in context. Sometimes comments that quote comments are removed for rather obvious reasons. 
  • Bilbo said:

The site is back up, did it start updating?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

UOA Just updated.
    @Mariah can you edit the title wit UOAssist FIXED
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I can :)
    Mariah said:
    I can :)
    TYVM
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Bilbo said:

The site is back up, did it start updating?

We don't miss something till its gone. Thank you Tugsoft.
    :)