Voting fraud in castle contest.

13»

Comments

• Bilbo said:
    A CUBE may not be the best looking but it is by far the most effective way to use space without inside walls or rooms.

That is one of the funniest statements we hear about those kind of houses. 

We need Max space. To display our whatever.

Funny because even the best and biggest display of stuff is completely useless in a neon borg cube. 

I mean whatever float your boat but

if somone can't make a proper design which naturally include interior or display you better should hire someone to do it for you.

Even the 7500 lock downs of a castle fit in 60 boxes in a small storage basement or whatever.

(I was not trying to insult anyone) 
  • I often disagree with the devs but there should be some rules avoiding cubes

But in times where someone can put thousands of goza and granite in your house Iam not surprised of anything anymore
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    There are many differing opinions in this community. That is OK.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

I dislike the cubes as well, so I don't build them. No other player or even Dev should tell another player how to build their home no matter how stomach churning, outrageous or bland.

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2019
    Urge said:

I dislike the cubes as well, so I don't build them. No other player or even Dev should tell another player how to build their home no matter how stomach churning, outrageous or bland.

On this I obviously totally agree, with the caveat that I'm equally free to say that FOR ME "Borg Cube" Houses are "stomach churning (&) outrageous"... :)  ;)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    A CUBE may not be the best looking but it is by far the most effective way to use space without inside walls or rooms.
    To use it for WHAT, for BT sake? :o

Do someone really needs every square inches of the inside of a House to not be able to use at least a modicum of architectural aesthetics on its exterior? What are they: the UO version of a MacMansion? :D

OK: sandbox, at everyone its playing style, und so weiter, but, please let be honest: in 90% of cases is pure laziness.

IMO, if a wasteland of max space cubes is the future of custom housing in UO at this point the classic Houses are better: at least they have been created with some regards to their look too.

I.
    Here's my bottom line on this, and I"m not a builder of Borg cubes but......I don't care what kind of house YOU have, why should you care what kind I have ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Bilbo said:

Funny because even the best and biggest display of stuff is completely useless in a neon borg cube. 

if somone can't make a proper design which naturally include interior or display you better should hire someone to do it for you.

Even the 7500 lock downs of a castle fit in 60 boxes in a small storage basement or whatever.

And please tell me oh wise one where I said anything about and damn NEON crap.  In case you didn't know your do not have to use NEON to make a max floor space house.
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:

Do someone really needs every square inches of the inside of a House to not be able to use at least a modicum of architectural aesthetics on its exterior? What are they: the UO version of a MacMansion? :D

OK: sandbox, at everyone its playing style, und so weiter, but, please let be honest: in 90% of cases is pure laziness.

IMO, if a wasteland of max space cubes is the future of custom housing in UO at this point the classic Houses are better: at least they have been created with some regards to their look too.

I.
    Here's my bottom line on this, and I"m not a builder of Borg cubes but......I don't care what kind of house YOU have, why should you care what kind I have ?
    AMEN
    I want a Castle with the same footprint/outside design 4 floors totally open with teleport pads in both SW & SE corners and NO I DO NOT WANT NEON.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    I want a castle or keep with a square flat roof that takes up the entire plot so I can have symmetry and maximum footage when designing my roof top garden / oasis. Other floors can be what ever as long as they have flow and functionality. They are there mainly to support the roof.
  • Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:

And please tell me oh wise one where I said anything about and damn NEON crap.  In case you didn't know your do not have to use NEON to make a max floor space house.
    I meant it in general. 

I've build many homes over the years also for other persons. Therefore I can say it's totally doable to make lots of display space without going borg. 

Ofc that my personal opinion and other persons may think different. 

What I want to say is that from what I have seen in houses the claim for max usable space nearly never go handy with a nice decoration therefore for me the statement I want big open floors (generally in more or less borg things) ends often in monstrosity.
    Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:

I meant it in general. 

I've build many homes over the years also for other persons. Therefore I can say it's totally doable to make lots of display space without going borg. 

Ofc that my personal opinion and other persons may think different. 

What I want to say is that from what I have seen in houses the claim for max usable space nearly never go handy with a nice decoration therefore for me the statement I want big open floors (generally in more or less borg things) ends often in monstrosity.
                         ^^^ THIS!
    edited February 2019
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:

I.
    I don't care what Houses you build, if any.

And you don't have to care, in the case you build it, if I find it a MONSTROSITY, ad I say it. :D

"Freedom to Build" have same right to be as "Freedom to Dislike". ;)  
  • I just wish we could design our own. We all have our own taste and personalities, likes and dislikes. We pay for our accounts, why can't we build our home the way we want to live in them ourselves?? 
    I just wish we could design our own. We all have our own taste and personalities, likes and dislikes. We pay for our accounts, why can't we build our home the way we want to live in them ourselves?? 

• The thing with the designs is they are anothers idea of what people can use.... some are not as desireable  as they think

Some of the problems I have had with the designs include: 
    Too many large empty open spaces - not everyone wants to or wants to spend the time crafting granite to build walls and too much granite creates lag. Using walls that cannot be crafted means the designer should have definite floor plans and not big square empty spaces.  
    To many wall styles on one house. Please, castle stone walls would not have wooden walls just to encase their windows. Three or four different wall styles are no more attractive than too many different styles of floor tiles. People can decorate their own walls and floors with paintings, banners, tapestries, curtains and carpeting. 
    I too dislike having to run across 30 tiles to go up to the next floor. I also dislike having to go up a floor at the entrance to go back down to the first floor in order to get to the crafting space. 
    Please, it is a 30x30 space - teleporters?? If people want shortcuts they can put in their own when they decorate the interiors. 
    It there are a number of rooms, think of a regular house - would you want to go around through a circle of rooms just to get to another room. Rooms should each be open to a common area for greater flow. 
    I too have seen a number of nice designs that did not make it into the finals. Voting the way it is set up now ends up being a popularity contest as people with large numbers of friends get to make it into the top 20 when their designs are not even functional.
    Perhaps the devs should have set the voting up differently. Let the devs pick out the top 15 or 20 taking into consideration that some people want to be able to decorate the interior while others just want a bunch of boxes piled up on top of one another, while still others want houses that could make good vendor houses. And THEN let the players vote for their favorites.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I disagree with most of your points Toriana. First and foremost I want wide open spaces. I also disagree with most of your other points at least a little. That does NOT make either of us wrong just that everybody has their own taste. The nice thing about the contest is if they keep it up long enough there will be some design that will appeal to everyone. It will not be the same design but diversity is the spice of life.

As for the voting as I said before Democracy Sucks they keep voting the wrong way. Of course the right way is the way I voted. Unless the friend only gets one vote or he is watching over you shoulder as you vote how would he know how you voted?

Note I've yet to pick a winner. :'(