Can scripts be detected ?

2»

Comments

• Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited February 2019
    Why don't the Dev just add some code to auto squelch any char with the name Avatar since that is the name this pest uses either that or any char named Avatar get sent directly to jail. After all is said and done it's not a great fix, but the banning of the site name could come back to bite us later due to how coding works.  We had to write a program in one of my college classes to look for certain words or word combinations. If you aren't careful and 100% precise it can run amok.  Mine did causing my professor to crack up laughing.  

• XareXare Posts: 124
    The CC just runs so much better than the EC with almost no lag people think it's an exploit.
    Please share what you're smoking.
  • The Classic client is the issue.  It has the most problems.  IF you want to fix the scriptors and hackers, you need to shutdown classic. 
    Since the classic client is half the player base your suggesting shutting down the game? I'd never play the EC. That's a deal
    The Classic client is the issue.  It has the most problems.  IF you want to fix the scriptors and hackers, you need to shutdown classic. 
    The CC just runs so much better than the EC with almost no lag people think it's an exploit.
    I patently disagree - and so would 95% of the PKers who’ve come after me while I’m soloing a spawn in Fel: they can’t catch me. I play in EC almost exclusively.

The only time I’ve found Classic works better is when customizing and decorating housing. But if the devs focused solely on EC and got rid of Classic, they could fix the random bugs of EC.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Until they give us CC Graphics you can wish all you want, because it will never happen.  Close either client down and UO will not have enough support for EA to keep it open.  And for the person that said we would give in and play EC, well we could say the same about the EC user too.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Xare said:
    Gandalf said:
    But people can script with EC.
    Not with the same tool that they do with classic. Nor with the same effectiveness. A new program would have to be developed, at considerable time investment  if it's even possible. 

Damn dinosaurs not letting go of their cheating ways and insisting that a leaky client remain active. 
    I am not a cheater or a Dinosaur ( I am older than 40 but you could not tell) and I love Classic Client. I am not saying Enhanced Client is not good, in fact it is better at some things, but the Classic is better at other things. I play both but am on Classic Client more. Until I can afford a new computer that is loaded with the latest bells an whistles I will continue to play Classic Client more. The graphics is one of the things I do not like inn the Enhance Client. It feels bloated. I feel like I am moving slow when I play it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This thread is drifting perilously close to 'client wars'. Can it be got back on track? or should I consider the topic irreparably hijacked?
    Mariah said:
    This thread is drifting perilously close to 'client wars'. Can it be got back on track? or should I consider the topic irreparably hijacked?
    Unfortunately, scripting and client choice are linked, due to the inherent ease of 3rd party scripting in the CC.  I also noticed that you, as a moderator, one with the ability to actually answer the question with facts rather than conjecture, chose not to.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    you are making assumptions that are inaccurate. I am not a developer.
    Mariah said:
    you are making assumptions that are inaccurate. I am not a developer.
    I'm not trying to be rude, but can't you ask them?  You have a more direct line of communication than we do.