Height Restrictions

I would like to see an addition to the mounted mechanics of UO that made objects like a tree's radius able to dismount a player that was attempting to 'run' under it while mounted, and the same with a flying gargoyle. i think this addition would not only make ninja the most 'must have skill' in pvp but make pvp on foot more commonplace and teleport the mages #1 spell again. 

Also, id like trees to block line of sight and that to also mean the player literally cannot be seen like a Fog of War, perhaps a last known *ghost image* could exist where they disappeared from sight. and skills like forensics could be used in relation to these changes. Mounted players would be seen behind obstacles not wide enough to conceal them and killing anyone could require a lot more of your senses. tracking, detecting hidden, camping the woodsman's trades.

The open fields would be owned by the mounted players and the woods by the rangers. 

just for fun i think of these things, for challenge. 

active buff; spitball pro

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    This is a request to the development team who have now officially stated they do not have the technical ability to insert a comma in trade window one?

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    LOL!
  • haha merv, don't lose hope

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Mervyn said:
    This is a request to the development team who have now officially stated they do not have the technical ability to insert a comma in trade window one?

You have posted that offensive comment before. Here is your answer

https://forums.uo.com/discussion/comment/6093/#Comment_6093

Do NOT post it again.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    And you couldn't message him and give him that warning, you had to SHOW us all your power ? I like these boards and hope to stay, but if I ever choose to leave it will be because of you.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    From his previous post of how many warnings he has accumilated in other places obviously he doesn't care about making it publically known.
    edited May 2018
    I was actually just stating facts, here is the newsletter that stated about the trade window comma:
    https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/mays-uo-newsletter?e=10db9daaab

And I quote:
    3 . Can't you just add a comma to the trade window for currency value?

Sorry not at this time, number formatting is not a supported feature and we would need to add it on the backend. We'll add it to our backlog for a future publish.”

my comments predated Misk’s response in the bug section of the forum.

I’ll accept a written apology @Mariah
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited May 2018
    And you couldn't message him and give him that warning, you had to SHOW us all your power ? I like these boards and hope to stay, but if I ever choose to leave it will be because of you.
    I didn't see it like that, but point taken. I will make more use of private messages in future.

@Mervyn I apologise for not noticing the date on your post. The developers have obviously kept their promise to do the back end work needed to add that functionality you desired.
  • i can't help but wish these comments were more like; *man! thats a great idea, we'll be right on that!* and less like; 'unrelated;"blah, blah, blah"'
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Those are horrible ideas.  Your sole purpose of them it to make Ninja and Magery bascially required in pvp.  Not even try any delusion of balance, just make ninja and magery OP.  Brilliant!
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    i can't help but wish these comments were more like; *man! thats a great idea, we'll be right on that!* and less like; 'unrelated;"blah, blah, blah"'
    Honestly the idea just is not that great.  While realism in a game can be fun, too much can just become a nuisance.  I believe that would be the case with this idea.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    is this some troll thread?
  • *Negative Nan*  LOL, it wouldn't last more than a week, a month tops before....(well do i have to say). some pvpers already run through tombstones, etc.

Till UO deals with the older hack/cheats in pvp. no really point to add to it. Fix it first then add additional stuff to it. 
  • I've always believed this game should be even more insanely complicated.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Whatever they do, you can bet it will take 13 mouseclicks to accomplish it

• MortusCucumbusMortusCucumbus Posts: 21
    edited February 2019
    Xare said:
    Those are horrible ideas.  Your sole purpose of them it to make Ninja and Magery bascially required in pvp.  Not even try any delusion of balance, just make ninja and magery OP.  Brilliant!
    well they may be horrible and not all of them are great but aside from peoples addiction to the 'balance of pvp' it would be awesome right? and if it weren't 13 mouse clicks away and it brought back a some skills that could be passive. line of sight around obstacles and fog of war would be awesome additions. and running flat out cutting corners through the woods mounted on a reptalon flapping its wings is beyond eligible, but a bonus to mounted speeds in uneven terrain in open fields on a reptalon could be had. Areas could be dominated by templates and mount choices

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Did you just do 9 months in county lockup ? Nice little necro...wb btw.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Did you just do 9 months in county lockup ? Nice little necro...wb btw.
    Is that a kind of occupational dig with a pretentious karma slur? hi, i'm back, thanks. can you make a suggestion on this post as well as ask strange questions about absence and alignment? oh do you just fruitlessly ettin about?

edited February 2019
    Rather than necromancy, I think this thread is more magery -  a magic card trick to be precise, the queen has risen to the top of the deck.

I remember when I first read it I kinda dismissed it. But the last few weeks it seems everyone is moving faster and faster, not sure about others but for me on CC, players have turned into bips on a radar, only showing on screen for one single frame. It’s now impossible to “grab someone’s bar” even using ctrl+shift, you can now only target people by using select next target macro.

I was going to request the running speed be slowed down globally but perhaps more environmental based changes would be more interesting.

In the cu’sidhe desert you get a natural splintering effect (without bleeding), 
    perhaps they could make all highly vegetated areas or swamps etc give the same. 

• XareXare Posts: 124
    Xare said:
    well they may be horrible and not all of them are great but aside from peoples addiction to the 'balance of pvp' it would be awesome right? and if it weren't 13 mouse clicks away and it brought back a some skills that could be passive. line of sight around obstacles and fog of war would be awesome additions. and running flat out cutting corners through the woods mounted on a reptalon flapping its wings is beyond eligible, but a bonus to mounted speeds in uneven terrain in open fields on a reptalon could be had. Areas could be dominated by templates and mount choices

EA won't fund this kind of extensive rework.  Pipe dream.  Stupid one at that.
    Actually yeah it would be pretty cool then if lots of areas gave splintering (without bleed) but some mounts were immune to certain areas. Me likey. Raiding ice champs would then take some preparation.