What was worst change to UO ?

2»

Comments

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    MissE said:
    Transfer tokens and shard shields.

My thoughts exactly transfers tokens with a shard shield chaser did more damage to the game and the communities than anything else.  And that is coming from a guys that transfers a lot with store tokens and shield tokens.  I would love to see store tokens removed and shields changed to giving some reward like random minor arties up to doom arties.
     Also high up there and more just annoying............ Haven being destroyed and the Hobo camp known as New Haven being born.  And the Destruction of Despise and replacing it with a mini game.
  • Tyrath said:
    MissE said:
    Transfer tokens and shard shields.

My thoughts exactly transfers tokens with a shard shield chaser did more damage to the game and the communities than anything else.  And that is coming from a guys that transfers a lot with store tokens and shield tokens.  I would love to see store tokens removed and shields changed to giving some reward like random minor arties up to doom arties.
    Without transfers, old shards would have died out long ago.

Second you are basically telling them, “Coming from a person that supplies you with a bunch of revenue through your store, I would like you to shut off that revenue stream and take it off your balance sheet...because.”
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    (...)

Second you are basically telling them, “Coming from a person that supplies you with a bunch of revenue through your store, I would like you to shut off that revenue stream and take it off your balance sheet...because.”
    The "Trade Oligarchy (almost) only" (1) STS system as it is now, is, IMO, both a co-cause of the "peripherical" Shards slow withering - the T.O. systematical depredation of everything of value (e.g. Event Rares) that don't respawn to resell it on ATL - and a good part of why those Shards are not completely dead (massive items farming - or worse - is more "discreet" if conducted out of Capitol Shard ATL premises). Happened in almost every old enough human empire, be it real (Rome), or fictional (Panem).

A good solution to revitalize the "provincial" (respect to ATL) Shards is MORE inter-shard mobility for MORE people at WAY LOWER prices & account age restrictions.

(1) I'm really curious to know how many of the STS-aged accounts of people that quit UO have been bought and consolidated in the years by the T.O. with R.W.M.. That, or those few Traders were obsessive geniuses that planned UO control 20 years ago and opened dozens of accounts in UO first years. I believe that my curiosity on this topic will never be satisfied... :)
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Without transfers R.M.T sites wouldn't exist.  That's why some people argue to keep them, wonder why that is?  LOL
  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited March 2018
    I was always disappointed with the lack of a real PVE story-line that could be considered the main story, aside from player and coordinator created content.  The lack of good quests was dis-enchanting.  Coming back and seeing quests expanded upon was a nice welcome, but still a widely missed opportunity for the game to stay interesting and grow.

Honestly, it's a shame the game was sold to EA.  EA is notorious for poor game content.  I think that was the Ultima franchise's biggest mistake.  

Nostalgia, the tamer changes, and housing keep me interested.  One of the hugest things going for UO right now is the fully rendered non-instanced housing and the animal taming engine that you can get sunk into for months.  

Elder Scrolls, another obsession of mine, has player housing that is pretty interesting, but quite expensive.  Final Fantasy 14 has housing and it's great.

UO's housing though is still really enjoyable after all these years.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46

just 3 things:

1. cheating

2. cheating

3. and more cheating

- nothing else matters

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    town bonus that excludes reds
    taming revamp
    enhanced client
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    What Cobb said 
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354

As they should have.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    Hmm...the worst change in UO history......hmmm.....

Ha!! nah this is too easy, i cannot bring myself to write the word ;)
  • Slayvite said:

We know, We know. It was when they changed the look of the Ph..*Cough* scuse me, Castle Blackthorn
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Slayvite said:

We know, We know. It was when they changed the look of the Ph..*Cough* scuse me, Castle Blackthorn

And I thought you were going to say changing the Kirin from a horse to what it is now but that just does not fit with the Ph.. :)
        Nope to late for that. And what I would do would not be popular among many........... Particularly RMTs.  I would make everything but the character, vet rewards, soul stones, the stable, and what the character is wearing shard bound.