Armour ignore

Why does AI on monsters work? They don’t have armour. 

I propose that AI should only reduce a fraction of a monster’s resist rather than 100% as currently the only weapons useful in PvM are those with AI and Whirlwind.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• XareXare Posts: 124
    I propose we rename armor ignore to resistance ignore, so it fits with Mervyn's brain as to what it does. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Also, all my 20 pets have AI as it does more damage than all other specials, would like a bit of variety.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• XareXare Posts: 124
    That's because mobs have higher resists. On mobs that have lower resists, armor peirce would do more damage  due to AI's inherent 90% weapon damage  
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    edited February 2019
    Mervyn said:
    They don’t have armour.
    how you know?

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    they have magical armor
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,792
    In Khaldun the skelementals had armor with different resists. A lot of people were using AI to kill them.
  • @Mervyn I agree that armor ignore is misleading and should probably be renamed to resistance ignore.
    At the same time I am worried about the recall spell...it teleports you to a remote location instead of letting you recall your adventures of the past or letting you recall something you have given to nother player...
    Similar issues with gate travel... I have never seen any gates travel in UO but players use this to get from one location to another.

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    @ Mervyn I agree that armor ignore is misleading and should probably be renamed to resistance ignore.
    At the same time I am worried about the recall spell...it teleports you to a remote location instead of letting you recall your adventures of the past or letting you recall something you have given to nother player...
    Similar issues with gate travel... I have never seen any gates travel in UO but players use this to get from one location to another.

Fully agree. I cannot bring myself to use a gate spell because there are no gates that I can see. It is severely hampering my play. And I think casting recall should result in a bubble above the character's hear with fast scrolling contents of one's journal. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    I’m sure many people have looted a ton of weapons they’d like to use. But currently are worthless as they don’t have AI special. And I’m sure people would like more loot to become useful.