Repair Bench

I placed the repair bench in the castle I placed for the design contest.
and then I axed the bench and moved it to a different location.
I got my crafter copied over to test center and she started putting repair deeds in it.
I clicked on the dot on the right side and it said that would delete the deeds.
I canceled that and thought maybe I should grab another char to see if they could do that when it was set to anyone.

I brought an unfriended char there and tried to repair an imbued bracelet. the bracelet kept failing and it was losing durability. so I went back to my crafter and continued filling the repair bench. I wanted to see if it would hold more than was intended. I had about 200+ legendary blacksmith deeds and about 20 tinker deeds in it... so for some reason I wanted to move it & when I axed it, it was destroyed...

afterwards I realized that I think I may have been using cadellite infused blank scrolls. not sure if that would cause the issue, will try again with rewards of another account, since its one bag per account.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Thanks for the report.  I increased the number of bags you could get for further testing.  If you can provide as much detail as possible that would help us track down the issue - thanks!
  • I used regular scrolls to make the deeds, got them out of the resources box in our bank.  NONE of the tinker repairs worked on a non-crafter, nor do the tailor repairs.  I tried on 2 different benches since after unsuccessfully trying to repair the item, the bench poofed.  Same thing happened in the 2nd bench, failed repairs then Poof when I closed the menu.  I didn't try to remove the charges, just tried using the bench to make repairs.  The Blacksmith did work.  I was on a human character so not sure if this made any difference due to JoAT.
    Thanks again - found the issue and will be deploying a fix in the next TC1 update!
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    My feedback

#  You should be able to load the bench by dropping the repair deeds onto it like you can with the other 'crafting benches', reason being is that you can then use the organiser agent in the EC to load the deeds in without the need to click on every single deed to put it in.  After about 50 or so of them it gets pretty old, let alone if you are wanting to load in 500 of each. Not sure why this one requires a cursor to add each deed.

# You should be able to click and target the item that needs repairing on your paperdoll (as you currently can).  Having to have the item in your backpack to repair it is just one extra step that is not necessary.  It is easier to repair direct on your pdoll than undressing to do so.

# Guild and Alliance members should be included on the security settings so that the item can be in a public house accessible to anyone but allow only those in guild to use it repair.

Then my repair bench just disappeared in the middle of testing.  I added some tailor deeds to it (it had tinker ones in) then used one of each then the bench just up and left :/

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    MissE said:
    My feedback

#  You should be able to load the bench by dropping the repair deeds onto it like you can with the other 'crafting benches', reason being is that you can then use the organiser agent in the EC to load the deeds in without the need to click on every single deed to put it in.  After about 50 or so of them it gets pretty old, let alone if you are wanting to load in 500 of each. Not sure why this one requires a cursor to add each deed.

# You should be able to click and target the item that needs repairing on your paperdoll (as you currently can).  Having to have the item in your backpack to repair it is just one extra step that is not necessary.  It is easier to repair direct on your pdoll than undressing to do so.

# Guild and Alliance members should be included on the security settings so that the item can be in a public house accessible to anyone but allow only those in guild to use it repair.

Then my repair bench just disappeared in the middle of testing.  I added some tailor deeds to it (it had tinker ones in) then used one of each then the bench just up and left :/
    Thanks for the feedback!

You can target a bag of repair deeds to add them all at once, but you first have to add 1 to set the skill the bench will accept when it adds all the deeds.

The issue related to repairing worn equipment will be resolved in the next TC1 update

The security settings issue applies to security in general, and is an item we have in our backlog to address in a future publish.

Do you recall what actions you were performing on the bench before it was deleted?
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Well I had just used it to repair a hat with a tailor deed, then I used it to repair a bracelet with a tinker deed, then I was going to see what happened if I tried to put in a deed at 100 tailor while it had a 120 tailor deed already in so was changing skills and making another deed, then I looked back at the game screen from the skill menu to see my bench had up and run away .... I wasn't actually 'using' it when it went so have no idea how you would fix it.  

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Just patched and got a new Repair Bench from the stone.  The bench now repairs the item, and it now repairs the items from the paperdoll, but when I closed the bench it poofed again.  @Kyronix please take a look.  Thanks
    ZekeTerra said:
    Just patched and got a new Repair Bench from the stone.  The bench now repairs the item, and it now repairs the items from the paperdoll, but when I closed the bench it poofed again.  @ Kyronix please take a look.  Thanks
    Need to get some more info for you, if you happen to get on TC1 again, give me a shout!

• Sorry had gone out to dinner.  I used it to repair a ring, a bracelet and my bandana.  They all repaired but when I closed the gump, the bench disappeared.  This was a new one I got after todays patch.