Poll - Are you a blue or a red?

TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

In another thread it was mentioned and debated if being a red player is a subset of the player base.  Well lets find out with a simple poll.

1. My characters are:28 votes
    1. All my characters are blue
      50.00%
    2. All my characters are red
        0.00%
    3. I have a mix of red and blue characters
      17.86%
    4. This is a dumb poll
      32.14%
    5. Other
        0.00%

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited February 2019

I am 100% blue, possibly the greatest anti pk of all time. :)

I am the Avatar - 8 Knights of the Virtues - and quite frankly, I want more recognition from Broadsword lol.

I do go red, when pk guilds are griefing me with blues.

But you can't have the greatest anti pk of all time, to fight for honour, and objectives - to defend blue pvmers, to progress your guild and players in Felucca without reds.

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2019
    Cookie said:

I am 100% blue, possibly the greatest anti pk of all time. :)

I am the Avatar - 8 Knights of the Virtues - and quite frankly, I want more recognition from Broadsword lol.

I do go red, when pk guilds are griefing me with blues.

But you can't have the greatest anti pk of all time, to fight for honour, and objectives - to defend blue pvmers, to progress your guild and players in Felucca without reds.

Absolutely. As far as they are Not In My Backyard. Or Front Porch. :D
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    If you’re talking about what I said, I didn’t mention “Reds” I said oranges.

People can’t compete as Red in this game anymore as you’re -1 faster casting bonus. 

(I’m one of a tiny amount of people who are good enough at this game to compete as a red but voted this Is a dumb poll)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Should the choices be, in terms of hours played.
    1) PVM > 90%
    2) PVM 70% PVP 30%
    3) PVM 30% PVP 70%
    4) PVP > 90%
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    so @TimSt, was this poll a mistake? where was it mentioned/debated about reds being a subset of players? I don't remember anyone claiming reds were anything but a subset of the player base.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    @Mervyn It was likely in a post atrached to mine and I am censored heavily by the moderators. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • your so annoying honestly. You ask the dumbest questions but have no idea about the topics your discussing.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • This poll is flawed quite a bit. With the way it's set up you're inviting skewed results.

I probably would have gone with:

• I have a red or I go red, then use a pardon
    • Never go red, but I pvp with a blue or orange
    • I have blues only and don't pvp
    I imagine this is meant to be a pvp poll. But the concept of reds are a bit outdated.
    All of his polls are flawed and are set up to boost his ideas just like any other poll.  First problem is he thinks being RED is a subset when in fact it is one of many different play styles in UO.  I mainly craft so what subset do I belong to.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2019
    Bilbo said:
     I mainly craft so what subset do I belong to.
    You belong with me in the "wrist-icus sore-as Hel-icus"  subset. we are also known  to be psychotic. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Oh yes, some of us have only one Red that is not used in actual PK. It is used by the champ Protector to gather justice points and extra PS... C'mon, we don't see reds running around like nothing these days, and even so it's not everyday we get to kill one.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Bilbo said:
     I mainly craft so what subset do I belong to.
    You belong with me in the "wrist-icus sore-as Hel-icus"  subset. we are also known  to be psychotic. 
    LMAO  TY
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    Actually this is my first poll.  @Tim and me, @TimSt, are two different people who both have the name of Tim and we both happen to play mainly on Pacific. I know. What are the odds of that happening? (That last bit was sarcasm by the way for the sarcasm challenged)

@Maximus_Neximus: If it was a one time use of a pardon because you decided that you did not like that character killing unwilling blue players then that character is blue. But if pardons are used regularly then the character is essentially a red hiding in blue clothing. 

@Bilbo to answer you question: If your crafter has a blue ring around their health bar then they are considered blue by the system and by this poll with the restriction that he can not being pardons.

As for the agenda for this poll it is pretty straight forward.  To hopefully show the population of blues and reds and that they are fairly balanced.  In a working ecosystem the prey population should support the number of predators.  Too many predators and the prey will go away. Too few prey and the predators will eventually will go away was well.  Prey will flourish for a while with fewer predators but will eventually get bored because there is no risk for the big rewards.