UltimaOnline Facebook page

Is that page official?

https://www.facebook.com/UltimaOnline/

It more looks like some advertising space for gold sellers.

Hard to believe it's official.

Does anyone know?
Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)

Comments

• SableSable Posts: 239
    Hopping over there, I didn't see any ads for gold sellers.  I saw the find the DJ announcements who give away gold prizes if you take part in their competitions.  Did you think they were selling gold?
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2018
    Oh yea, I guess with "Thank you UO Gold for sponsorship" they actually mean some random pile of coins, Not the RMT site with the same name  :D

Believe it or not, that's marketing.
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Oh yeah, I suppose you are right.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    In my opinion, It is sad that something so obviously promoted/sponsored by a RMT site is allowed to continue. But then again.............. Nevermind.  >:)
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It's even sadder than the transfer rate to and from Siege is up to 30 to 1, however UO Radio is stuck in the 2003 with 10 to 1 payouts to Siege winners.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    however UO Radio is stuck in the 2003 with 10 to 1 payouts to Siege winners.
    They need to have a word with the 3rd party gold seller websites who "sponsor" them.
    edited March 2018
    So from the reactions so far, I take that it is actually the official site maintained by Broadsword?

Maybe someone from Broadsword could clear this up? @Mesanna
  • PatriciaPatricia Posts: 9
    JollyJade said:
    So from the reactions so far, I take that it is actually the official site maintained by Broadsword?

Maybe someone from Broadsword could clear this up? @ Mesanna
    I'd have to agree with this...I don't care for facebook all that much but had to sneak a peek after reading these comments.

If this is endorsed by EA/BS/whoever...there's something seriously wrong.

That account management guide alone is full of *If you acquire an account*  *If a friend gives you an account*..not only is it poorly written and difficult to understand but I do believe that *acquiring* accounts in any way other then through official channels is against the ToS....so why is this fully endorsed on an official page?
  • GalathanGalathan Posts: 4
    edited March 2018
    That Facebook page is maintained by someone who is contracted through Broadsword.  Any player events or EM Events or the like are submitted to be shared or posted through there.  It doesn't link back to that referred site but to an in game guild with the same name.
    To answer Patricia's concerns there was actually a way for folks to transfer or sell their accounts back in the day, as well as some accounts are also passed down to folks from older players who no longer play anymore.  It isn't always assumed to be bad and was written by a player to help folks along with the very complicated account management system.  It was passed on as a way for folks to get some common answers to issues most players may face was all.
    This game has always been about players helping players so I hope we can continue to reflect that and not all assume the worst in people.

edited March 2018
    Ok, but I guess when he is contracted they also check on the work and thus approve the advertising of RMT sites there.

The lack of an official response seconds my thoughts.

At least the conversation here stays for us players to see what's going on. I give it another try though: @Mesanna
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2018
    Galathan said:
    That Facebook page is maintained by someone who is contracted through Broadsword. 

As a marketing professional, I can tell you it is always a bad idea to have someone outside taking care of such a crucial channel - particularly when it is your ONLY social channel that sees any light of day. 
    :(

Will you guys -please- consider an inhouse marketing/community liason who's sole job is to communicate directly with the public so Bonnie can concentrate on being Boss-Goddess, the engineers can fix bugs, and the players have a central target for kudos/complaints who is schooled and trained to manage such communications!? The splintered marketing and public relations of this game has crippled it for years... not just since Broadsword, but really all the way back to Origin days.

There are so many lost opportunities for marketing this and DAoC. BS doesn't need the person to be dedicated to UO, really. Just make sure your inhouse person PLAYS THE GAMES. (yes, all caps - is important). Broadsword needs presence at the conventions. Broadsword needs to (forgive me) swagger and brag about its history, its community, its passionate players, and dare I say, the age of its games! 

*sigh*

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Well said...no like button yet.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Its been 20 years now. RMT is not going away.

Next
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Galathan said:
    That Facebook page is maintained by someone who is contracted through Broadsword.  Any player events or EM Events or the like are submitted to be shared or posted through there.  It doesn't link back to that referred site but to an in game guild with the same name.
    To answer Patricia's concerns there was actually a way for folks to transfer or sell their accounts back in the day, as well as some accounts are also passed down to folks from older players who no longer play anymore.  It isn't always assumed to be bad and was written by a player to help folks along with the very complicated account management system.  It was passed on as a way for folks to get some common answers to issues most players may face was all.
    This game has always been about players helping players so I hope we can continue to reflect that and not all assume the worst in people.

How do I get my player event posted there?
    edited March 2018
    Fat said:
    Its been 20 years now. RMT is not going away.

Next
    True. Only that it is actively encouraged through official channels is the news here.

Wonder if EA approves this, but I guess they just didn't notice.
  • GalathanGalathan Posts: 4
    Fat said:
    How do I get my player event posted there?
    If you want any assistance or just want it posted both on uo.com and facebook follow the instructions here: https://uo.com/player-event-coordinator/ and email PEC Raine at  uoRaine@gmail.com.  He can help you with all of that info.

As far as the RMT issue is concerned it is a very fine line and penalizing folks for a name without linking it or otherwise proof isn't fair.  I directly contacted UO Radio and got an answer for that question as I stated above.  For now I am going to lock this thread as I feel it has gotten off topic and the original question was answered.
This discussion has been closed.