Vice and Virtue Shards (Fel and Tram)

IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
New thread to continue discussion for and against shards with Fel only and Tram only rulesets. 

Let’s keep it clean and unlocked.
  1. Would you play a one ruleset shard?15 votes
    1. Yes, but only Trammel
      20.00%
    2. Yes, but only Felucca
      13.33%
    3. No
      66.67%
esdxWhere is the bank? 

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I refuse to vote.

The whole point of a new fel only shard would not be for current players, but to attract new players who don’t have an active account.

why would the devs want to make any new shard to move people from playing their existing shard to a new one?? What’s in it for them? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I voted NO.  We already have 2 FEL only shards that the DEVs keep the way the majority of the players want it, so the DEVs do listen.  A Tram only shard would last a short while and be worse than the low population shards.  How long do you think it would take till everyone had Chars that could solo every boss and then what do you do, whine to the DEVs that it is to easy.  Could you hear Gen Chat, it would be worse then Atl gen chat with people crying that so and so stole my spawn.  Sorry IMHO more FEL only shards esp. with INS. and a Tram only shard will do nothing but hurt UO.  
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

I voted NO.  While my play style keeps me in Trammel I recognize that other people have different play styles than my own and we should be able to play together despite our differences. And in that regard there should be a "I do not want to be killed by another player" mode for players who want to go to Fel champ spawn and not get killed by an overpowered red.  To be fair to the overpowered reds this mode should only be useable on a limited basis such as it can only be used on Monday's, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  The other days of the week the overpowered reds can slaughter innocent players to their hearts content.

Question.  How can you have a VvV Tram rule set only shard when VvV is all about PvP?
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Bilbo it’s a suggestion for the shard name... geez
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • The Trammel shard scares the PVPers.  They know it would end their ability to grief other players.

Whats in it for the devs?  More subs, like mine for instance.

• Bilbo said:
    I voted NO.  We already have 2 FEL only shards that the DEVs keep the way the majority of the players want it, so the DEVs do listen.  A Tram only shard would last a short while and be worse than the low population shards.  How long do you think it would take till everyone had Chars that could solo every boss and then what do you do, whine to the DEVs that it is to easy.  Could you hear Gen Chat, it would be worse then Atl gen chat with people crying that so and so stole my spawn.  Sorry IMHO more FEL only shards esp. with INS. and a Tram only shard will do nothing but hurt UO.  
    Every other MMO has this and it works just fine. People want to grind gear, try new character builds, and avoid a bad experience from PvP.  Not that hard to understand.
    Ikeelu said:
    Bilbo it’s a suggestion for the shard name... geez
    Stupid name GEEEEEZZZZ
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    perhaps a pre aos shard would be nice and bring a lot of people who play free shards back
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Mervyn said:
    I refuse to vote.

The whole point of a new fel only shard would not be for current players, but to attract new players who don’t have an active account.

why would the devs want to make any new shard to move people from playing their existing shard to a new one?? What’s in it for them? 
    *slap forehead*
    Just vote "No"  and move on.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019

Seth you’re missing my point, I think both shards would be a good idea, but they would not be for us. So why is he asking current players what they want? Stuff the current players.
    This game needs new players.

Also, why is there no option for a new shard that’s non transferable which has both trammel and fel?

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited February 2019
    Yes, we need new population. To discuss what attracts them is another, much larger topic. 

It is very likely that only active players read this forum.

So as far as this question is concerned, what would you do as an active player. If you do nothing about it or even none of the 1 or 2, then the answer is still "No", 3.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Also most of the new shard suggestions would be no transfer in or out so how would attracting new players to them help anything but EA bottom line?
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Most free shards are “a shard” are they not? You’re trying to appeal to the crowds that may have left to free shards. Also current players may recruit friends to begin a new journey on a new shard. 

Regarding a pre-AoS shard. Maybe watch the new WoW Classic when it comes out. If they get good numbers then it may not be crazy to try.
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    edited February 2019
    To attract new players, I think it is not as simple as a fel or trammel shard. There is an audience for both types. What attracts them is the game itself, the graphics, marketing, is it free to play and pay to win, etc.

Think of those mobile war games, they are all Fel rules, are they not? And they are popular, even players pay to win.