What the value of a sovereign? I hope not this much!

Yesterday I was waiting on the spawn of blank scrolls in Luna.. when comes in this player yelling that he is selling Origin store items @50,000k a sovereign.  Now a small 200 sovereign item will run you 10 Mill. By this standard a larger item would be in the 100 mill range.  Have people gone that bonkers that they don't just go buy a few from Origin themselves?     I am in my UO dotage here  with fel mentality on spending.

Comments

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    2000 Sovereigns cost $20 USD. 5000 Sovereigns cost $50 USD
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2019
    If 1Sov = 50,000GPs ===> 500Sovs = 25,000,000GPs. Now, 500Sovs on Origin Store are around 4.4$, ergo, at the price you mention, 25,000,000GPs = 4,4$, so 1,000,000GPs = around 0.17$.

Anyone can judge the all around convenience by him/herself, based on his/her experience of... "the-places-that-cannot-be-named-here" (and that, I suspect, will make @Mariah close this thread faster than light... ;)), but the main point here is that for someone could be easier to get GPs than $$$ to buy Sovs...

I.
  • Try using a formula that people will and actually do pay ingame for store items.  

Typical price ingame for a transfer token is 80 million gold for a $20 item.  That's 4 million/$USD.

Now this doesn't work out the same on every shard or for every item.  Take the Heritage Tokens for example.  The UOStore wants 100 sovereigns for a Heritage Token item.  100 sovereigns costs $1 USD.  Ingame however players sell Heritage Tokens for 250k gold.  It's supply & demand though.  People have enough of the items from Heritage Tokens and the devs have given too many out.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Try using a formula that people will and actually do pay ingame for store items.  

Typical price ingame for a transfer token is 80 million gold for a $20 item.  That's 4 million/$USD.

Now this doesn't work out the same on every shard or for every item.  Take the Heritage Tokens for example.  The UOStore wants 100 sovereigns for a Heritage Token item.  100 sovereigns costs $1 USD.  Ingame however players sell Heritage Tokens for 250k gold.  It's supply & demand though.  People have enough of the items from Heritage Tokens and the devs have given too many out.
    Yup, that's about my guesstimate too, give or take 5 cents per million GPs.

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Ivenor said:
    Try using a formula that people will and actually do pay ingame for store items.  

Yup, that's about my guesstimate too, give or take 5 cents per million GPs.

I think you lost a digit there