Make Champ Spawn 1-Way Ticket

So when all these elite PK types enter an active spawn area or dungeon they now either have to complete the spawn, or die to leave as a ghost. If you want the PvP then come get it, but stop harassing me and running away. Also this prevents rolling of several different spawns with no intention of completing content and just trolling. In my experience these PvP templates arent equipped to finish a spawn, trapping them there would force them to do content or die to get out. Also they couldn’t bring another char from same account until the timeout. This gives me time to finish the spawn myself or PK their blue tamer who cant move a spawn but can kill a boss. Either way make us stuck, I know some people will cry cause they’re trapped but on the plus side they’re trapped too... So bring a splinter wep, or say all kill.
esdxWhere is the bank? 

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,322
    I'd rather you didn't.  I like to occasionally solo a champ, but I can only complete rikktor or the piper, if the spawn comes up with something else all I can do is kill enough to rebuild my valor and move on to the next. Your plan would bar me from doing that.  Nor do I consider that in doing that I am 'trolling'. Perhaps you see it differently?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The issue, which I've raised before, is that there are PvP suits and PvM suits, they need to make the caps the same, that way PvMers can defend against PvPers, and PvPers are just as good at killing spawn.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Not quite. I could copy your suit and skills exactly, but I still wouldn't be able to pvp. I don't have the temperament for it. When attacked, your first instinct is to fight. Mine is to run. I'm halfway home before I start to think 'maybe I should have seen if I could manage it'.  I don't like fighting players, I don't like people being angry with me. I'm a wuss. A female of the old fashioned mind set. 
    I do like doing a champ spawn when I can manage it, but if I'm raided I usually decide to make do with the 105 and Sots.  On the other hand, I don't rage and cuss about it either, just put it down to bad luck and go do something else.
    If you’re trapping people in until they finish the boss at champs, are you going to do that with all encounters? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Mervyn said:
    If you’re trapping people in until they finish the boss at champs, are you going to do that with all encounters? 
    Champs are the only encounter “made for PvP” so no not every encounter. 
    I'd rather you didn't.  I like to occasionally solo a champ, but I can only complete rikktor or the piper, if the spawn comes up with something else all I can do is kill enough to rebuild my valor and move on to the next. Your plan would bar me from doing that.  Nor do I consider that in doing that I am 'trolling'. Perhaps you see it differently?
    If you cant handle a spawn die, lose the treasures you may have farmed there, and leave. You were never meant to pop an idol and leave anyway. Plus you’re the type that leaves me with a one candle alter that raises the time I have to spend on a spawn. There should be repercussions for that. 

My issue is that trolling and preventing someone from doing what they want is not PvP. Or is it? 

Ok new idea. Remove mounts in Fel. Limit movement speed of Ninjitsu forms in Fel. This all stems from PKing being allowed, PKs just trolling, PKs and endless running. 

Also remove the star room! There should be no back way into any dungeon. 

Game is in a sad state for sure, honestly seems like they have a decent amount of retirees keeping it above water but the 30 somethings coming back after life settled down are all feeling the same as me. Got 25 days left that I’ve paid we’ll see what happens. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    Made for pvp”? If they were made for pvp, they would’ve made the powerscrolls shard bound and would only allow the champs to be popped at peak times (relative to the shard time zone) 

And they would’ve added a system message like VvV to broadcast a certain champ is under siege. 

So then really... the current champ spawn, power scroll system is to lure PvM players into griefing by troll PK players. 

Noted.
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited February 2019
    That is what it has always been.  UO just gave more sheep to the PKers because the whined so much that Fel and PvP were dead.
    Ikeelu said: 
     Plus you’re the type that leaves me with a one candle alter that raises the time I have to spend on a spawn. There should be repercussions for that.
    I was not aware that not completing a spawn had an adverse affect beyond it reverting to its starting point. Could someone a bit less hostile please confirm that I am causing a problem by not going through with spawns I know are beyond my abilities to complete?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    This is a sandbox game. Play this game within the rules with any play style you choose. 
    Petra is confused, by repercussions I mean finish the spawn or die and leave. No hostility. When you pop a spawn how many skulls do you get? 1? Well if I roll to a spawn you let go back to 1 skull I can’t start it with 3-4. Again, you pay and abide by ToS so do all the goofy stuff you want. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Ikeelu said:
    Petra is confused, by repercussions I mean finish the spawn or die and leave. No hostility. When you pop a spawn how many skulls do you get? 1? Well if I roll to a spawn you let go back to 1 skull I can’t start it with 3-4. Again, you pay and abide by ToS so do all the goofy stuff you want. 
    It has always been my experience that you must “advance” a spawn EXACTLY the same number of times regardless of how many candles pop on the alter.  A 4 candle pop doesn’t spawn the boss faster than a 2 candle pop... you just can’t see the remaining red candles because the alter is full, but the white candles still cycle the same number.
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    Spawns are boring and outdated.  I go there and kill the oranges and leave.  No interest in pvm.  When spawns turn into parafield walls.. it is the most boring pvp you can imagine.
    I’ll just adapt. Lotta ways to “adapt” to win. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    Ikeelu said:
    I’ll just adapt. Lotta ways to “adapt” to win. 
    I don't think your idea will gain any traction as it is a silly one.  Good luck.
    Paithan, I think you’re silly. Good luck in real life, I think you’ll need it.
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    Retaliation is not a good idea,
    I learned “self control”
    speaking of which, it’s so sad that Laura Brannigan died so young. Okay 80s girls dressed hideous and I don’t know how humans even bread throughout that decade but I’d rather watch her bop than these mtv skanks. 

I’m in a strange mood. 

Ikeelu said:
    Paithan, I think you’re silly. Good luck in real life, I think you’ll need it.
    Thanks.  You should just stick to your bad game play ideas, though.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Ikeelu said:
    So when all these elite PK types enter an active spawn area or dungeon they now either have to complete the spawn, or die to leave as a ghost. If you want the PvP then come get it, but stop harassing me and running away. Also this prevents rolling of several different spawns with no intention of completing content and just trolling. In my experience these PvP templates arent equipped to finish a spawn, trapping them there would force them to do content or die to get out. Also they couldn’t bring another char from same account until the timeout. This gives me time to finish the spawn myself or PK their blue tamer who cant move a spawn but can kill a boss. Either way make us stuck, I know some people will cry cause they’re trapped but on the plus side they’re trapped too... So bring a splinter wep, or say all kill.
    lol, then I would keep my dismount-stealth-ninja-scout, ghost scout and pvp char in the champ spawn area forever.

This is beautiful since our chars are already "trapped" inside the champ spawn area, we just log in and see who is around. 

So after killing whoever helped to clear the candles, my pvmer will swoop in to finish the boss. Then they will both laugh their way to the bank.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth this can already be done... I don’t get your point. However your 3 chars wouldn’t be able to insta log or check another spawn until the first was cleared. This also promotes PvP in the spawn area where the baddies can also quickly dispatch PvP oriented templates. It’s clear anything that makes PKing harder is an unpopular opinion and I accept that. Btw you’re paying nearly $40 a month to do what you claimed. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    No, currently when I log out my char gets kicked out of the spawn area. I have to stealth all the way back in.

Yes I pay $30 a month in my case.

In any case, one account can have up to 5 chars or more, so after stealth, logout, login pker kill. Then I login my sampire to clear the spawn. My only concern is another pvp or PK guild.
    In my case I haven’t met a PKer that can kill me, they simply run and run. 10/10 times they try to drag the fight out of the spawn area. Its hard to kill someone that can do 1 whirlwind and be full health. Its also hard for them to cast while being asssulted by spawn. So I really wouldn’t mind them bothering me if we could just fight it out. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    If it's a solo PK, it is hard for them to achieve a kill but they can be disruptive like bola dismount, and poison your ride. You can continue kill the boss for them on foot, but after that you can't run with bag full of PS.
    I do have evasion and an ethey dismount 1v1 would be hard and a bad attempt on their part, but regardless I’m not dealing with somebody as shifty as you. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    Ikeelu said:
    I do have evasion and an ethey dismount 1v1 would be hard and a bad attempt on their part, but regardless I’m not dealing with somebody as shifty as you. 
    lol  :D
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited June 2019
    Petra_Fyde said:

I was not aware that not completing a spawn had an adverse affect beyond it reverting to its starting point. Could someone a bit less hostile please confirm that I am causing a problem by not going through with spawns I know are beyond my abilities to complete?
    — No, you’re not causing “problems” by popping a T2A alter, working you’re valor back up on a few candles of first level spawn, and then leaving to find a more preferred spawn.

Some PvPers may complain about it because it means they have to do more “full scouts” of T2A to find potential targets. And some PvM spawners might complain because they prefer to work what’s already popped and they don’t like two candle Undead or two candle Demon or whatever.

But it’s not a “problem”. Just a personal gripe.

The time difference between a two candle pop and four candle pop is negligible for people who spawn most frequently. A two candle Demon spawn might take me 5-10 minutes longer than a four candle pop - and I RARELY bump a spawn. (Bumps, I reserve for the most unfriendly terrain alters and only if I’m facing time constraints.)

You just do you and don’t worry about personal gripes.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • Road_HouseRoad_House Posts: 12
    Champ spawns have worked great since the inception so why does the game have to cater to all of the cry baby types?

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Champ spawns have worked great since the inception so why does the game have to cater to all of the cry baby types?

They are already catering to all the "cry babies" what is being asked is for them to cater to the majority of the player base and not to the minority "cry baby" player base.