High Seas QoL Update: Cannons

13»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    edited January 2019
    Great News!  Thanks

Rewards:   Deco items of course!  Seafaring theme or any.

A shield for mages:
    Better than what we can get. Int bonus, Mana bonus, Spell channeling with no cast reduction,  >4  MR, LMC, Soul charge, reactive para.  All that I can get now. 
    Choose 2 or 3 of these: Add a spell to it like the Khal mask but make it do damage. Luck 200, SDI,  DCI, A large spell damage boost that lasts 1hr  ? hr cooldown, LRC  something you think of.

Composite bow with stats an Archer would use. 
    DI 40 or more
    SSI >30
    HCI >30
    HLD 70
    HLA  50
    HML 50
    HSL 40
    Ability to add a slayer with100% ele damage  or  A Hit elemental spell.

More 100% ele damage whips.  2 hand whips with same abilities.

A new pet!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The resources need to be updated, unless it was your plan all along that Frostwood and other resources never appear in the Merchant and Dread Pirate holds. I would think some of the most valuable cargo in Sosaria would be transported across the waters from port to port ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    we currently have in game pirate hats...
    I want an eye patch and pants that looks like you have a peg leg...
    for those who would like to roleplay a pirate
  • Kyronix said:
    Great feedback so far everyone - we really appreciate it!  Many (not all!) of the changes discussed made it through implementation and are going through QA.  We are targeting next week for our first TC1 release so looking forward to everyone's feedback once we publish and can get on TC1 to check things out!

I've seen the mention of rewards come up a couple of times - what kinds of items are you looking for rewards?  With the cannon changes we are definitely going to be giving you all something worth shooting at and the right reward is really going to sweeten the deal!  So what kinds of things get you excited?
    A chance at a Leurocian's Mempo Of Fortune, or at least some type of neck armor that has the same stats. (maybe call it Bloodbeards collar of rum runnin) other than that possibly a new tameable monkey or Parrot.. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• we currently have in game pirate hats...
    I want an eye patch and pants that looks like you have a peg leg...
    for those who would like to roleplay a pirate
    You can already make yourself have an eyepatch

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    @Victim_Of_Siege yes in the EC only.
    I do have a char with that look, but you can only see that look in the EC.
    The CC people can't see it.
  • One thing that has been asked for many times are water tiles. preferably ones you can walk on like other tiles.  Even some shore+water tiles . This would keep us busy for a long time , colleting them,  decorate and trade for ones we need, and redecorate when we get a new one :p
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I am a little drunk so this is an excuse to dream out loud.

1) Soulstone Book
    2) Spellbook Dye Tub
    3) Antique to Brittle converter
    4) Curse to Antique or Brittle converter
    5) Sea monster pet (Tamer 2.0 sea pets like Dolphins, Sharks, etc join sea battle)  
    6) Powerscrolls... oops
    7) Man-of -War with below deck canons, collectable plans like the Orc ship
    8) Ancient scrolls, after consuming gargoyle can fly over sea water and command sea battle with water pets and fight along side their human friends in the ship.
    9) Sea Champ Spawn that require a Naval Battle group and gargoyles and pets to fight the spawns, and one that also drop powerscrolls. Trammel drop up to 110 PS, Fel will give 120 all the time.
    10) Truly super legendary drop with 10 + spec
    11) Return back my lost Skeletal Cat because of the bug.

looking for Grizelda...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    A treasure chest. Open chest graphic with treasure spilling out. something like this:

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    A NEW pirate hat that starts with plain stats.  But you can activate its menu and it will consume any headgear and take the item properties and material properties from that head gear.  It would show the name as "Material that made the original" "old item name"  Pirate Hat.

Just like the totem works on costumes.

Please.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Door Stopper to keep doors of houses opened. 

Can be under High Seas, or else Cleanup rewards is also fine.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited February 2019
    @Kyronix
    Would it be too much to ask for scuttled ship cannons to stop working ? Both for players and for NPCs ? It doesn't make sense that a scuttled dread pirate ship, with crew dead, can still fire cannons. This happens quite often. The ship will appear to go on auto fire mode. If someone manages to scuttle my ship, the only thing I or anyone else with a scuttled ship should be able to do is emergency travel when the coast is clear, to get their ship repaired, or sit in the water and do nothing until someone boards their ship. Afterall, a scuttled ship would be listing to one side, taking on water, cannon balls rolling all over creation.etc, etc...

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • One thing that has been asked for many times are water tiles. preferably ones you can walk on like other tiles.  Even some shore+water tiles . This would keep us busy for a long time , colleting them,  decorate and trade for ones we need, and redecorate when we get a new one :p
    Along the same lines, I personally would like to see more of a maritime/pirate style house customization materials.  I am not entirely sure what, but in an attempt to build me happy little pirate  town that I am working on, the current wall materials just seem a bit lacking in the "seatown" design
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    I'd like to propose a new reward system through Pirating that is akin to the Castle Blackthorn System; let's call it the "Dread Pirate System" for now. The items can be "item bearing the crest of a Pirate Lord", for example.

How you get points for the Dread Pirate System would by hunting down Dread Pirates. Maybe killing a Pirate would yield 1-2 "bearing the crest of a Pirate Lord" item. You could also have a chance at additional items in the loot of the ship that randomly appear. Maybe make these items more common in Fel -- risk vs reward.

The reward system could offer the same rewards as Blackthorns, but in additional styles that are more pirate-like/evil in nature:
    • Orc Helms
    • Dragon Helms
    • Kabutos and other Samurai pieces
    • Bone Helm and other Bone pieces
    • Etc, I'm sure others could chime in with armor styles they would like to see
    Depending on the art resources available, some new art pieces would be awesome as well:
    • A new belt slot graphic, "Dread Pirate Belt" -- it could be a belt with a skull buckle or something similar
    • A new cloak graphic, "Dread Pirate Cloak" -- it could be a tattered/slightly torn cloak graphic, or just a black cloak with a white skull on it (dying it would change the cloak base color, but not the skull)
    • A new robe graphic, "Dread Pirate Coat" -- A long trenchcoat (open/unbuttoned), maybe with some buckles on it.
    This would give people an alternate method of acquiring the alternate graphic artifacts that are currently only available through Blackthorn/Minax drops. It would also give a lot more diversity in itemization for those slots as well. Let us be stylish!~

You could add new Pirate-themed deco items to this system as well for those that want the deco items.

I'd also like to see Shadowguard artifacts added to both the Castle Blackthorn system and the new Dread Pirate System. It has been out long enough, we need alternative graphics for those items! Hawkwind must be shaking his head at all the impostors out there!

The reason I would propose this system over the RNG drop system is because there is visible progress in a system like this. You know how many artifacts you have, and you know how many more you need. It motivates players to keep at it because they see progress.

When you don't see any progress, and it could be 1 kill or 5000 kills until you get that 1 item you want, it can quickly demoralize players and cause frustration. If you know you will get 1,2,3,4,etc items everytime you scuttle and kill a pirate, you can track your progress and know what you need to do to acquire the item you want.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• NikardNikard Posts: 164
    I would really like to see some recipes similar to doom, that could upgrade some of the aweful high seas items into things that are useful Example ; Leviathans hide bracers, kelp leggings, ect. In addition I would like to see a back slot item that is not a cloak or quiver, I don't like the way cloaks look and a non Archer wearing a quiver is thematically flawed
  • it would be nice to be able to travel via boat between Tokuno and Trammel.
    There will be other threads, this one is about cannons and the cannon process.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,828
    edited February 2019
    So far i am liking the changes. one thing i noticed was it takes more shots to scuttle a pirate ship. took 22 powder/balls/fuses and they used to take only about 12.  the loot is the same and the ships hold is the same rough amount with two stacks of powder/balls/grapeshot that do not stack. and @Kyronix i am on TC now and my ship is stuck. i sailed up to a pirate ship and scuttled it, then beat down the pirate and tied him to the pole. when i boarded my ship no matter what command to move in any direction it says AR, we've stopped sir with no movement. if i grab the wheel and try to move that way, it doesn't move.  I do like the new firing process. so Kudos on that.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,119Dev
    See the TC 1 release discussion here
This discussion has been closed.