If you removed player killing...

What would happen? At a champ spawn people would be forced to move 
esdxWhere is the bank? 

Comments

• IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    This glitched...

Make all PvP consensual. Make new awesome artifacts for VvV. VvV will be treated like current murderer, no Tram allowed. 

PKing these days is to control power and troll. Super unhealthy for this game in it’s current state.

it’s past time, please

Thanks
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    Would life be so bad? This past Halloween people on Atl flooded Kaldhun and worked together to get rewards. They then flaunted their rewards and did it again... IS THAT SO BAD? Hell if nearly all players in Fel are VvV for the sweet artifacts thieves may even make a comeback. I mean come on, if you want that sick new VvV sash to fill in your suit you take the risk of PvP and thieves. Who cares if you can’t bully people out of champ spawns, join them, maybe get a scroll... 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Does VvV need an upgrade? Yes.

What rewards could it possibly have to compete with current PvM status? God knows.

What would happen if you removed PvP from Champ Spawns? They would go stale and no-one would do, no edge, boring. Except for a few die-hard Sampires who already solo most of the rest of the game content, they would move in and properly take over, they almost do anyway at Champ Spawns on most shards except Atlantic.

Me personally, I PvP'd a ton at Christmas when I had the time, enjoyed the team stuff, and spawn fights. Back to work now, busy, don't get much time to do stuff, back to being solo dismount ganked all the time, because don't have time to join team. Sucks so much, I've quit PvP again, can only play it properly when I have time on my hands, not for a casual player.

Just solo PvM content now, or craft, did do 25 Medusa's back to back with my guildmates Saturday night. There have been other threads re solo play, but I do think solo content for a casual player could be beefed up... especially for a mage...

The soloution is simple, silver is awarded for completing champion spawns. So are powerscrolls. If you wouldn’t have been awarded a scroll you dont get silver meaning you actually have to participate in the spawn and boss. Blues can be there with you just getting their share. But to prevent you from getting silver I may show up on my VvV and gank you mid boss... never know... 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    Make kills on VvV during spawn in spawn territory award silver too. So if you beat the champ uncontested you get scrolls and silver, have to defend and the champ is downed by a blue in the meantime you get silver for kills. Didn’t get anything cause you got jacked? Well, welcome to the last 15 years. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    Let’s get stupid with it, VvV skill cap is 840 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Add the user settings option: Always under Trammel rule set - Lets you go to the spawns and not get jumped by reds but you do not get the best loot either. And it can only be switched on or off while you are in Trammel and there is a 24 hour cool down timer before you can switch it again.

But the best loot is in Tram at Shadow Guard and Doom... 

I am saying there is no good reason for player killing. The only people I ever want to kill are scripters... in Tram... 

There are other (most) successful games that do not allow player killing.

I think my views have changed since I was 13 and now have responsibility, been to war, have a family. I don’t have time to play a game to unwind that actually fires me up. If I get pushed off a soawn after 30mins of advancing it by a couple pos PKs (who can only win by casting field spell traps) that ruins my fun.

PKs are troll ass people! I have a dp ninja with 800 skill pts. I bet I could easily jack people at spawns, they’re PvM temps. Ha I’d be so powerful taking out tamers with the insanely massive pet nerf. They dont carry potions so the dp will kill them if the death strike doesnt. lol

This is troll and I’m over it. I’ll do as I have done in the past, pack my house into the bank stable the pets and end the billiing on the accounts. 

If even on a dead shard I cant just farm, FARM, I have to grind and grind so I can try some 120s on pets then GRIND and grind training the pets. I dont mind grinding I mind trolls. 

Also I smoke most temps, they cant kill me 1v1 they run and run. I cant kill Rikki and defend against a pk at the same time. I also cant kill these fools when they run and run. Massive circle jerk. I’m done.

Shoot me an update newsletter when you have revamped PvP and eliminated murderous PK from the game. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • OptimusOptimus Posts: 25
    All of these ideas are stupid. Felucca is the only non-consensual pvp facet. If you don't like it,  go do tram stuff on the other facets. 
    Cool, devs please add 120 powerscrolls for pets to Tram. I would like to play all game content types without harassment. 

This mindset drives RMT just so you realize. 

Just for fun I may start playing test center. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    edited January 2019
    Go ahead, play test, and see how much fun you have there by yourself. Otherwise, if you need 120 scrolls, you must risk entering a non-consensual PvP zone to get them, or farm something else on a facet with the Trammel ruleset and buy the scrolls with gold earned. Stop crying about not being able to have everything your way.
    Ha, look a troll! I’m not too worried but I’d like to see the change. In the meantime I have exceptionally easy ways of getting any scroll I need. I was just trying to get them the ol’fashon way first. 

Cheers
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    No troll, I legitimately think what you're proposing is very stupid, and will never go anywhere. If you have "exceptionally easy ways" of getting any scroll you need, then stop complaining, and go get any scroll you need. The "Ol'fashion" way involves sometimes having to fight off other players for your spawn. It has been that way since inception. What you're asking for is "the easy way".
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I find it amazing that we can not have a calm rational debate on this subject. Maybe one side has decided the only way to win and keep control of the power scroll market it to go "troll" and shut down the tread before anyone notices the weakness in their argument?

The only reason I see to keep PS on Fel only is that then no one would come and be the PVPs victims.

As for being an "Easy way" I would be happy to have a harder spawn if I didn't have to deal with Pvp muggers.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2019
    Cookie said:

Does VvV need an upgrade? Yes.

What rewards could it possibly have to compete with current PvM status? God knows.

What would happen if you removed PvP from Champ Spawns? They would go stale and no-one would do, no edge, boring. Except for a few die-hard Sampires who already solo most of the rest of the game content, they would move in and properly take over, they almost do anyway at Champ Spawns on most shards except Atlantic.

Me personally, I PvP'd a ton at Christmas when I had the time, enjoyed the team stuff, and spawn fights. Back to work now, busy, don't get much time to do stuff, back to being solo dismount ganked all the time, because don't have time to join team. Sucks so much, I've quit PvP again, can only play it properly when I have time on my hands, not for a casual player.

Just solo PvM content now, or craft, did do 25 Medusa's back to back with my guildmates Saturday night. There have been other threads re solo play, but I do think solo content for a casual player could be beefed up... especially for a mage...

I also find myself a year end player. Now that the holidays are over, life is getting busy again. I am still looking forward to the High Seas 2.0.

Back to the topic, if PKing is completely removed, then there is a need to replace it with something equally or more exciting, but yet refreshing.

We want to remove the hated murder and PK bullying scheme, but to keep the exciting pvp with worthy opponents, tourneys. Could we have cross shard competition and really good prizes for the top pvper who stayed in the top for say 3 months consecutively. 

Why buy gears to get 840 skills, and kill for nothing.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited January 2019

Currently on Atlantic where the population and economy are you can not farm powerscrolls. Even with a group, now I have heard “get protection” I don’t need protection. I have never been killed in PvP 1v1 and rarely 2v1 but that’s not the case on Atlantic. It’s always a mob. I can’t beat 5-6 reds and the tamers and mages along for the ride are not PvPers. So we lose a spawn. Keep in mind we do a spawn in less than 9 minutes. These people monitor these spawns that closely. So I moved.

SOLO, I have PS 110 and 115 books full 300/300 and tons of useless 120s, I just found out there is some way to combine them. I’ll spend my weekend doing that. I also have multiple of every roof drop. Guess what though? I had to move to a dead shard, there is nobody to sell this stuff to. I have so much end game stuff I decked out a guy that popped into gen chat the other night for free. 

I want to play with people and have the economy.

Before I go I will transfer back to Atl, sell this stuff for a few plat and gobble up a few of the drops I dont like to farm. I’ll leave again and play a game where my own skill and time are not wasted by someone who thinks they can PvP but really... just wastes peoples time. 

Also, if I wanted to continue I could just buy all the xfer tokens on Atl and gi back and forth but this sad 2 month journey is likely at it’s end. Especally now that I know you can combine scrolls. 

esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The above post has been edited to remove personal attacks. Please express your opinions without personal attacks on other players.