Is there a way to tell ALL of the recipes which a given character has learned over time ?

With Skills being possible to be soulstoned and players leaving and then returning to UO after Years, over time it is possible to forget what character learned what recipes....

Is there, therefore, a way to "see" all of the recipes which a character has learned over its time of existance ?

If not, please, @Kyronix and @Mesanna , could you please look into this and give such an ability to players ?

Thanks !

Comments

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    This would be great! I made a bowyer years ago and moved that skill to my tailor and then to another crafter who had tinker years ago to try some of the new skill.I do know that if you open the tools themselves, something use to show in red if we could not make it? I wonder if this was it. Maybe something like that if that isn't it already on the crafting menu without the need to attempt to make the item?

Recipe needed vs Recipe known
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Gidge said:
    This would be great! I made a bowyer years ago and moved that skill to my tailor and then to another crafter who had tinker years ago to try some of the new skill.I do know that if you open the tools themselves, something use to show in red if we could not make it? I wonder if this was it. Maybe something like that if that isn't it already on the crafting menu without the need to attempt to make the item?

Recipe needed vs Recipe known
    I assume that using the tool on a character would "give out" whether that character has or not learned the recipe necessary for that item but I was oping for something more handy and less convoluted...

Like a List accessible from the Menu when left clicking one's own character...
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There is a mechanic already in place for this, you simply look in the menu of whatever you're trying to craft.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    There is a mechanic already in place for this, you simply look in the menu of whatever you're trying to craft.

I know, but that needs to have to equip all types of Crafting Professions tools, check all items that those professions can make and see what Recipe is learned and which not for that character.

It is too time consuming and complex.

Instead, I would love to have it an option in the Character's left-click Self Menu which, when selected, would show any and all recipes that this character has learned over time.

It would be fast, easy and player friendly.

And, supposedly, since the list is already somewhere, it would not even, hopefully, require much time to implement it as it would only need an extra addition to the character's Left-click Menu that links to whatever database that Recipes List is stored....
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Instead, I would love to have it an option in the Character's left-click Self Menu which, when selected, would show any and all recipes that this character has learned over time.

It would be fast, easy and player friendly.

And, supposedly, since the list is already somewhere, it would not even, hopefully, require much time to implement it as it would only need an extra addition to the character's Left-click Menu that links to whatever database that Recipes List is stored....
    Kind of like the recipe book.  Lets you filter based on the craft and if you have the recipe or not. But instead of being in the book it is if you have consumed the recipe scroll.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    But what would be the point of having that ? To give you an idea on things you might want to craft ? Having the idea, and then going to the crafting menu, tells you whether you've learned it or not. I guess I just don't get your line of thinking.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I envision people wanting to show off that they have collected more recipes than other people. you know, kinda like Pokemon gotta catch em all.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    The fact that some crafting menu lists are 5-6 pages long, New items are added to the END of the list, and when you back out of the final (shown above) crafting menu for that item, you have to THEN CLICK BACK through a half-dozen pages to get to the NEXT item on the list, is the main reason why I personally think there needs to be an easier way - even if that easier way involved the new recipe book showing whether or not the book user has used that recipe yet.

Theoretically, checking a half-dozen recipes to see if you know them or not might take 30 to 40 clicks. It's a pain in the posterior, and consumes time I would rather spend playing other ways. I have TEN crafters between 3 accounts on just my primary shard, and typically my most play-ready character on other shards is a crafter as well.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:
    With Skills being possible to be soulstoned and players leaving and then returning to UO after Years, over time it is possible to forget what character learned what recipes....

Is there, therefore, a way to "see" all of the recipes which a character has learned over its time of existance ?

If not, please, @ Kyronix and @ Mesanna , could you please look into this and give such an ability to players ?

Thanks !
    This is definitely a great idea. After a long rest from the game, I have 3 mules in 3 active accounts and I can't recall which of them swallowed the recipes for Eodon and DF. If it we can just login and see a summary page for each character, I... will be grateful.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    But what would be the point of having that ? To give you an idea on things you might want to craft ? Having the idea, and then going to the crafting menu, tells you whether you've learned it or not. I guess I just don't get your line of thinking.
    The reason for this knowledge, is to avoid "re-learning" recipes later on for a different character while one might have already learned them....

After time been away from UO, players might no longer remember which character learned what recipes and going through the process of equipping all tools, checking out all craftables and noting down what recipes where learned by what character would be too time consuming and annoying.

Instead, a simple left click on the character would open the Menu in which there would be a "Recipes" subsection clicking which one would immediately get to know any and all recipes that character has learned.

Simple, fast and of an immediate access.

To my opinion, MUCH more players' friendly....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2019
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2019
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    This really is an outstanding idea @popps
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    This is needed! +1
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    how about a button on the tools themselves for a list of all recipes and what is red you don't know since it already in that area, they can just alter the menu itself since it pulls from us. Just display that info on a new tab on the tool.
  • How about they give every player a full bag of every recipe in the game.

Then stop requiring stupid recipes to make stuff.  We already pay for the expansions.  Then we have to put in work and hours to get the recipes wanted.  Recipes are dumb.
  • Every skill has to chase after something.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    How about they give every player a full bag of every recipe in the game.

Then stop requiring stupid recipes to make stuff.  We already pay for the expansions.  Then we have to put in work and hours to get the recipes wanted.  Recipes are dumb.
    Finding the recipes is part of the adventure, imo 
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited January 2019
    It's a great idea. No doubt. But it does sound like a super annoying thing to put into the game. Then it would have to be built to reflect whatever character is looking at it. Every time a new recipe was added they would have to update whatever it is they did. Really any crafter can spend a few minutes looking through their crafting menu and see what they need and make a list. Let's not try and make that some impossible task lol I have a list of recipes I need and if I happen to see them cheap in vendor search I pick them up. I will hunt them if I'm desperate but I prefer not too lol
    It's a great idea. No doubt. But it does sound like a super annoying thing to put into the game. Then it would have to be built to reflect whatever character is looking at it. Every time a new recipe was added they would have to update whatever it is they did. Really any crafter can spend a few minutes looking through their crafting menu and see what they need and make a list. Let's not try and make that some impossible task lol I have a list of recipes I need and if I happen to see them cheap in vendor search I pick them up. I will hunt them if I'm desperate but I prefer not too lol
    Then it would have to be built to reflect whatever character is looking at it. Every time a new recipe was added they would have to update whatever it is they did."

Well, I imagine that already there is a log of that kind built in... otherwise, I do not see how, handling a tool and opening up the crafting Menu would make it possible to see what recipes that character has already learned and which not...

It would only be a matter of maing this Log be readable via the Character's left click Menu rather then through the crafting Menu....
  • popps said:
    Then it would have to be built to reflect whatever character is looking at it. Every time a new recipe was added they would have to update whatever it is they did."

Well, I imagine that already there is a log of that kind built in... otherwise, I do not see how, handling a tool and opening up the crafting Menu would make it possible to see what recipes that character has already learned and which not...

It would only be a matter of maing this Log be readable via the Character's left click Menu rather then through the crafting Menu....

Sure I'm not saying it's an impossible task to code. I'm just saying good luck with that lol. But until it happens I'd just make a list.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited January 2019
    How about they give every player a full bag of every recipe in the game.

Someone never had a Panini football sticker album. 

You can do this on test centre, you can also say “give arties” so you don’t have to engage in any game content.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Well outside going into each tools menu and spending time running down each list and sub list and sub sub list … yeah  no but I would like to see a way the of menu of each tool can do a * in a color that all can see as a hint you know this one or you can do it the other way the ones we don't know... which might be shorter. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Lady_Storm I like the idea of coloring the ones you don't have...
    open up the tool and if you don't have that recipe, its red in color... (red means stop)
    you know at a glance that you don't have that one...

• does anyone know if there is a way to still get the recipe for the rotworm stew?

Sir_Jerms said:
    does anyone know if there is a way to still get the recipe for the rotworm stew?
    I did this a couple months ago
  • Thank you  :)

@Sir_Jerms your welcome
  • ok then tell us who need it too