POLL - Should the Devs Reintroduce the "Bless Item" Deed as a Cleaning Britannia Reward???

As by Discussion Title... :)
  1. Do you want the reintroduction of "Bless Item" deeds as Cleaning Britannia Rewards?28 votes
    1. YES, Sure!
      71.43%
    2. NOPE, No way!
      28.57%
Tagged:

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Players should be excluded from voting as they will be bias. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited January 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Players should be excluded from voting as they will be bias. 
    Absolutely! Maybe I should have added a third option:

3) "NOPE, No way, because I'm making an obscene amount of GPs selling the one I've hoarded back then"... >:) :D ;)

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited January 2019
    Don't you trammel players have it easy enough already ? If this were introduced, the equivalent on Siege would end up being some deco item. I would probably lock it down right next to my Trammel moonstone and New Haven bunny.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited January 2019
    Don't you trammel players have it easy enough already ? If this were introduced, the equivalent on Siege would end up being some deco item.
    Frankly I miss the point of the link Siege-Prodo Shards Tram. FWIK, correct me if I'm wrong, on Siege these Deeds Rewards never were available. And I'm speaking of RE-introducing them.

For the rest, the point is always the same: if using Bless Item Deeds (or a house full of Cat statues and wet kitty Sand, for what it matters... :D) is not YOUR way of playing UO... well, nobody forces you or anyone others to use them... :)

I.

PS: And, no, the paragon with my SSs "obsession" IMO is NOT germane, as I always asked for MORE SSs, not less... ;)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I would like this but no... I have been collecting the bless deeds for some time so I am fine, lol
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Yes might as well.

RMT sites sell them so might as well let players get them through playing rather then supporting RMT sites.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Yes I am starting to get a little low on my stock of bless deeds.
    edited January 2019
    Seth said:
    I would like this but no... I have been collecting the bless deeds for some time so I am fine, lol
    Fair and square, my dear Sir! So can I put your vote down as one for option: 3a) "Heck NO! Put Away Your Greasy Fingers from my Biz!"? B)  :p   ;)
    Yes might as well.

RMT sites sell them so might as well let players get them through playing rather then supporting RMT sites.
    Aaaand one for the Good Team! Many Thanks, my Fair Lady... :) ;)
    Bilbo said:
    Thanks, Mr. Underhill! :) ;)
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    I am not Frodo, nice try.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Pretty sure they were duped to hell. I watched a Luna vendor sell out +15 in ~20mins recently b/c they had undercut normal prices by ~20% then watched a hidden/stealthing character restock 20 more (was shopping on my stealther in the EC so I counted the restocking).

The very next day most all of them (the bless deeds) on other vendors had adjusted their prices to compensate. The same vendor house has them stocked daily (right now) and NEVER runs out. Not to mention the owner told me he duped & was proud of it.
    edited January 2019
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    U Sure? I'm reasonably convinced to have seen you the other day in the Hunting Reserve of King BT... (the joke is in Italian, language that I'm sure you know very well...) ;)
    Acid_Rain said:
    Pretty sure they were duped to hell. I watched a Luna vendor sell out +15 in ~20mins recently b/c they had undercut normal prices by ~20% then watched a hidden/stealthing character restock 20 more (was shopping on my stealther in the EC so I counted the restocking).

The very next day most all of them (the bless deeds) on other vendors had adjusted their prices to compensate. The same vendor house has them stocked daily (right now) and NEVER runs out. Not to mention the owner told me he duped & was proud of it.
    So, a good reason to have them obtainable again in a Legit way, isn't? :)

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited January 2019

I've also voted for the re-introduction of Item Bless Deed's.

One of my most desired items ingame, I have nothing really to go for anymore since they removed these, and introduced brittle/built in obsolescence to gear.

Make them very tough to get, but give me something to go for, I'd like to be able to fully gear a character, and move onto another... Rather than this cycle of unplayable characters I have, because the gear I like to play in does not exist anymore.

{And yes, the fact they are all currently blatantly duped, means they should be legitimised again}.

(I get the Siege, and Mervyn viewpoint, but this is one item I personally loved). :)

• I like the character bound ones. Like just for whoever claims it. I have one that's blessed for Captain Lucky. But I don't use it. Don't want something to happen to it lol Insurance isn't that big a deal for me.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Fair and square, my dear Sir! So can I put your vote down as one for option: 3a) "Heck NO! Put Away Your Greasy Fingers from my Biz!"? B)  :p   ;)
    *looking at my proud collection of bless deeds*

hmm... they are going to half price soon... sigh..
    I like the character bound ones. Like just for whoever claims it. I have one that's blessed for Captain Lucky. But I don't use it. Don't want something to happen to it lol Insurance isn't that big a deal for me.

I'm almost always in favor of Account Bounding (Char Bound seems to me a little extreme for the kind of Deeds we are speaking of here) items that are prone to speculation & duping, so I second that!
    edited January 2019
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

Don't be too sad: UO is choking full of Items to collect. And, moreover, between "Here and Now" and "If and When" there are a bunch of Devs... :) ;)
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    U Sure? I'm reasonably convinced to have seen you the other day in the Hunting Reserve of King BT... (the joke is in Italian, language that I'm sure you know very well...) ;)
    Nice try at a stupid TROLL. Mr. Underhill was the name Gandalf gave to Frodo Baggins before he set off on his quest during the War of the Ring[1]
    Well if having 35 Bless Deeds means they were duped then I better split all mine that I have left between all my accounts.
    edited January 2019
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

Don't be too sad: UO is choking full of Items to collect. And, moreover, between "Here and Now" and "If and When" there are a bunch of Devs... :) ;)
    Nah, I take it easy as long as a proposal is not just a pure nerf, but some improvements. Adding bless deeds is fine but should not be easy to get.

The process to get a Bless Deed must be as tough as trying to get a Small soulforge, Slither or the new DF arties.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    I like the character bound ones. Like just for whoever claims it. I have one that's blessed for Captain Lucky. But I don't use it. 
    Same here. I just finished bringing all 27 of mine to my home shard. 5 characters w/ fully blessed gear/weapons is pretty cool :)  Most expensive insurance on any of mine is 3,500 gold ( 1 prized item ) LOL.
    My Cameo and major Arties on my Sampire are all blessed. It will last forever - yay!
    edited January 2019
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Nice try at a stupid TROLL. Mr. Underhill was the name Gandalf gave to Frodo Baggins before he set off on his quest during the War of the Ring[1]
    Dear Mr. Sackville,
    1) I'm PERFECTLY aware of that, having read The LOTR when, probably, you were net yet born;
    2) the joke, that I was sure you could easly understand, cosidered your vast culture, was between the PROPER NAME "Frodo" and the COMMON NOUN "frodo" in Italian, as in "cacciatore di frodo", i.e.: "poacher".
    Please bring my regards to Lobelia. :D :p ;)
    I.

Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

Nah, I take it easy as long as a proposal is not just a pure nerf, but some improvements. Adding bless deeds is fine but should not be easy to get.

The process to get a Bless Deed must be as tough as trying to get a Small soulforge, Slither or the new DF arties.
    ... says the one that got his stash when the BID  were given out pratically for free... ;)
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

... says the one that got his stash when the BID  were given out pratically for free... ;)
    wrong assumption, I bought mine when they were selling around 20 million each.
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

wrong assumption, I bought mine when they were selling around 20 million each.
    In stand chastised & corrected, my fair Sir! o:) ;)
    I.
    ------
    [A parte:
    - Sméagol - "I told you to put a Question Mark at that sentence end! I TOLD you!!!"
    - Gollum - "Gollum, gollum!" (he covers in fear and Exit Stage).]

edited January 2019
    No its incorrect unless proven with evidence, guilty unless proven innocent, my dear Watson...
    edited January 2019
    Seth said:
    No its incorrect unless proven with evidence, guilty unless proven innocent, my dear Watson...
    Darn! They must have changed the Law when I was distrac... ha!, but you are speaking of the Real World Rules as Applied to Not-0.1 Percenter, right? :D ;)