Moderator Bias

Can we have the moderators site the terms of use violation when deleting posts or locking threads. Seems like a awful lot of bias opinion being used as reason. Or just continue to censor what you don’t want to hear.  
esdxWhere is the bank? 

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    There is a lot more freedom of expression here than on the old forum (UOStratics) 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Try not to get involved in threads that are already getting heavy moderation. That's kinda a red flag for them they can be touchy about. This ain't Atlantic chat, behave as you would having dinner with your mom and you should be ok lol
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited January 2019
    Oh, as far as bias goes... at the end of the day it's their game and they can do anything they want lol I think most of us know when we're pushing the line. Just take a breath and let that snarky reply go on by. Advice I can use myself. In the original UO forums you could get banned from the game for getting out of hand in the forums. So it could be worse. Not like we have some iron clad constitution of rights.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Oh, as far as bias goes... at the end of the day it's their game and they can do anything they want lol I think most of us know when we're pushing the line. Just take a breath and let that snarky reply go on by. Advice I can use myself. In the original UO forums you could get banned from the game for getting out of hand in the forums. So it could be worse. Not like we have some iron clad constitution of rights.
    Why do we have then the Meet and Greet meetings on Shards ?

I suppose, to hear directly from players what's their take about what might be wrong in the game...

Likewise, I would imagine, these Forums are a GREAT opportunity for Developers to hear from players their issues with the current Design and Development of Ultima Online....

And, I would add, such feedback is even moreso important from players giving negative feedback if the goal is to earn MORE players and, thus, avoid players actually quitting playing UO....

In order to fix problems, it is important to first get to know what the problems are and where they may be....

At least, that is the way I see it.
  • popps said:
    Why do we have then the Meet and Greet meetings on Shards ?

I suppose, to hear directly from players what's their take about what might be wrong in the game...

Likewise, I would imagine, these Forums are a GREAT opportunity for Developers to hear from players their issues with the current Design and Development of Ultima Online....

And, I would add, such feedback is even moreso important from players giving negative feedback if the goal is to earn MORE players and, thus, avoid players actually quitting playing UO....

In order to fix problems, it is important to first get to know what the problems are and where they may be....

At least, that is the way I see it.

Sure that's reasonable. Often it's not what's said but how it's said. If a person calmly suggests a problem and offers a reasonable solution, I can't imagine anyone deleting that. It's when people get fired up and start insulting everyone and acting like a nut they get into trouble. I can be a super jerk lol. But I know how to behave on the forums (like a rational adult) and I have very few problems. Now if it's a subject that has been beaten to death several times and the answer has always been no... well I imagine they get sick of dealing with the same thing over and over. I super want customizable castle plots. I stated it every chance I get. I pushed hard for that. They know how I feel. I haven't gotten them yet. It's not going to do me any good to just keep posting about it week after week. Some things aren't going to happen, currently anyway. I'm just guessing as I have no idea where these problems are coming from. There could be a million reasons for a post to get moderated. But in general I find the beating a dead horse and acting like a Bozo tends to get moderation.
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    We’re here to discuss and debate.  Not have our conversations halted because somebody doesn’t agree or think it’s relevant. If I want to have hypothetical discussion about vegan create food spell I should be able to. But oh well. I’m done participating in forums. I’ll continue to play a dead shard so I can farm in peace. And when they break PvM for the sake of PvP I’ll stop paying them again. Simple. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • Well if the people running and making the game don't think it's relevant, then it's probably not relevant. Who else would be better qualified to know? lol
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Guess I’m out of the loop. You’re saying the moderators are all working at Broadsword? If that is the case they do a terrible job extracting the player wants/needs with how often they are present. Also, don’t you have anything better to do? The game is hurting, clients crashing, black-market thriving, and they are moderating a circle-jerk about a guy who quit because PKs ruin champ spawns? Waste of time and terrible customer service. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited January 2019
    This is really not a topic for public discussion. There is an item in the ToS, please make use of it:

Complaints: We take pride in our forum. However there may be times where some of our members or guests may feel upset. If this is the case please send the Admin a pm clearly stating what you are upset about. If you can take a screenshot to back up your claim then please do. Anyone found to be abusing the complaint system will have action taken against them.

This discussion has been closed.