Canceled my Sub and Deleted all Chars

Canceled_SubCanceled_Sub Posts: 32
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Good evening,

I wanted to say that I have canceled my subscription and deleted all of my characters after a month of playing.  I was a returning player from original beta, having played on and off over the years.  I lost countless hours of my own time to PKers with no real way forward on Champion Spawns, Bosses, and the content I enjoy.

The roadmap for the game doesn't look very exciting either.

Good luck all!  I gave away the few million gold I had and all my belongings before deleting.  Maybe someone else can find some joy in masochistically being ****** each time you want to enjoy yourself after work. 

A Cat,

Signing out Forever
  1. Is the game in decline?9 votes
    1. Yes
      22.22%
    2. No
      77.78%

Comments

• We understand a player might find fault with things as they are, The game has changed so to do players. I find 1 month not long enough to get back into the swing of the hard gaming he lists as his forte in game.  I have no doubt he is mad.. but to come and dump all on the players of the forum is not right.  May I ask this be locked up. To save the others the hurt filled message meant to drag up feeling that might change others minds erroroniously 
  • *shrug* UO isn't for the timid.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2019
    Last time there was only Fel and all activities are there.

Now there is a Trammel with all expansions in the same rule set. The only thing left for Fel is either Champ Spawn or pvp, and you quit just because of Pker... *slaps forehead*

There are ways to deal with them, and it's only a super small part of the huge UO content.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • A PK will get ya fired up though lol I think those are my best memories though of being tormented by PKs. But ya they can get to ya sometimes.
    A PK will get ya fired up though lol I think those are my best memories though of being tormented by PKs. But ya they can get to ya sometimes.
    Yeah, but there is no solution to this. This is what a mmo game is all about in the first place... 
  • Canceled_SubCanceled_Sub Posts: 32
    edited January 2019
    If the only thing any of us have is time, then a PK is truly stealing that from you.  If I want to fight them, it will take a LOT of time to prepare.  Then, even if I prepare, I will be out numbered, so more time finding people to help.  Then there's gear. They have better gear because they've spent more time than me collecting it.  So, the only question left is what is PvPs purpose in UO (For a player like me)?  I just don't see a purpose given the current content I'm interested in.

Back in the day, when you died and lost loot it was no big deal as there was nothing really special about gear.  Just go get the same standard stuff.  Now, it's built off farming for high end drops.  However, the cliques of PK players are too powerful for a returning player to deal with.

After a long day at work, I want to enjoy myself.  So, the easy solution would be to make PvP shards and PvM shards.  Problem solved.  However, it's too late (for me).

For the lady that said my 1 month is not long enough, well I've spent years on this game, have several accounts.  I still have a Beta disk.  My experience is very important to a returning power player that doesn't want to deal with PvP.

I would login, work a spawn, get PKd after 45mins to an hour as they stole everything.  This happened numerous times.  Why would I invest more time in that, with odds lower than being struck by lightening, that I would succeed in gaining control over the content I want to play?

Tis such a shame too.  The other side of things is that I only ever ran into a handful of people, just a few returning players and a core group (who were also secretly the PKs).  I mean what's the point?  Lol, this post stands as a testament to why this gaming studio will go out of business.  Want to save it?  Create something for all types of players. 

Risk/Reward and Balance aren't as important to an experience as developers think.  My basic needs were inadequately met.  Kind of like having a child and then never feeding it (Dev - But we have perfectly balanced the amount of food it was given!!!!), or risking the family cat or dog coming along and eating it before the child gets a bite (Balance - We'll move the food a little closer!!) .The child "might" eat sometimes, but is highly likely to die.  Why risk that?  This is UO's PvP system as it stands.  It's just not good by design, and no amount of balance will change the underlying issue.

Simple as that.  I died because I couldn't eat.  I'm not interested anymore.  But after years of investment, I wanted to share my experience.  My experience is valid and happens all too often. 

Edit:  This is not my first time having this experience after returning and playing for a few months.  I was hoping it had been solved.  I was also told to spend real life money to transfer my characters to lower populated shards, or to start new characters on different shards.  Are you kidding me? 

This game has nothing to do with being timid.  If you are intelligent you see the pattern, calculate what it'll cost you, and decide it's just not going to give you the experience you want.   
    When angry, don't talk (or action?)
    When happy, don't promise.
    When sad, don't decide.

Easier said than done, but I find it quite true.

Whatever the reason, we understand how you feel but since you have already permanently deleted your characters, it does not matter.
    edited January 2019
    Seth said:
    When angry, don't talk (or action?)
    When happy, don't promise.
    When sad, don't decide.

Easier said than done, but I find it quite true.

Whatever the reason, we understand how you feel but since you have already permanently deleted your characters, it does not matter.
    Correct.  I deleted because I wanted to break the cycle.  You call it "Emotions" with your poem-esque analogy, but it's actually purely a calculation of my investment of time not being worth the trouble.  

Also, I have proof that my analogy is better than yours.  UO subscriber base continues to decline, year after year.  There are several shards that are literally ghost shards (as an example).  You can provide all the silly metaphors, poems, and classy garbage you want.  Fact is, after several weeks of dealing with the same issue, I had to stop myself and say "This just isn't worth it."  I will admit to having a few good encounters, but there were FAR more bad ones.  Am I spending money and time to be abused? (Money is also just another way of saying "Time" too)  Come on, why would I waste my life in that cycle?  I enjoyed the game more when it was first released than in it's current iteration.  Nuff said.  This was my shortest resub.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with the game design. I am not a pvper and so i spend most of my time in tram and I always find lots to do, From time to time I will go to fel and do the champ spawns to get scrolls and such. I do understand your frustration as I have had the same issue. N one likes doing all the work and have a group of pvpers swoop in and steal all the rewards. I would like to pose an idea here. Why not make the champ spawn rewards based on points and deposit the reward to the player even after they are pked. In other words make it so the scrolls stay with the ghost. That would mean making them blessed instead of cursed. 
    Not everyone quit because they were pked in Fel, at least that is not why I stopped a few times before, so does the friends I knew. I don't think the population dropped because of this simple reason alone. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    WOW I haven't had this much belly laughs in a long time.  What is the point to this what ever you want to call it.  I call it a child throwing a temper tantrum because something didn't go their way.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    We understand a player might find fault with things as they are, The game has changed so to do players. I find 1 month not long enough to get back into the swing of the hard gaming he lists as his forte in game.  I have no doubt he is mad.. but to come and dump all on the players of the forum is not right.  May I ask this be locked up. To save the others the hurt filled message meant to drag up feeling that might change others minds erroroniously 
    Yet, there is a problem with Powerscrolls being mostly inaccessible to returning or new players....

And this has been the issue with them since when they were incepted.

They have been, the way that they have been handled, the # 1 cause, to my opinion, of much of the issues of Ultima Online of an outrageous inflation and of prices for everything reaching ridicolous amounts.

And did they even help PvP the way that they were implemented, at least ?

Not in the slightest, is my opinion as Felucca remained having the issues it had and has....

What Scrolls of Power being limited to felucca only caused is permitting a small number of players to monopolize their control and, thus, their pricing, and thus FORCE all other players, the grandest majority, to have to get into absurd grinding to earn the gold necessary to satisfy the demands of those controlling those powerscrolls....

And, of course, all of this grinding ended up alienating many players from Ultima Online thus, losing players' base....

And did it even at least help PvP ?

As we have seen, it didn't since the scarcity of population in Felucca has always been there and still is with all of the issues plaguing it remaining.

This, because all that wealth coming from the control and the Monopoly of the Scrolls of Power to those few players permitted them to buy themselves such uber suits which noone else would be able to compare with and, so, PvP became (and is) pointless, to my viewing.

What is the point of PvPing other players who have by far superior gear and are likely also more skilled since they do it more often ?

THESE are the issues which have driven away many players from UO since the inception of the Scrolls of Power....

As I see it, PvP should not be forced onto players by using the lure of items such as Scrolls of Power to get them into it, no, PvP should be Designed in a way that players would get to it because they WANT TO, not because they feel that they "HAVE TO" in order to get some items...

Unfortunately, I see it in many games where exclusive items are spawned only in PvP areas to force players who may want or need those items to then feel that they "have to" go there and be subject to PvP.... the results are, at least to my viewing, pretty much all the same, those items may get a few, initially to get to them but eventually, when there is a minority who gets into control of them and of their pricing, the rest of players are cut out from benefitting of them and have to get into deterring grinding (which alienates them from wanting to keep playing the game) in order to make enough to then purchase those items.

What has really shocked me over these Years, is how content like this which actually "loses" players' base is yet still implemented....

Oh well, go figure....
    edited January 2019
    If the only thing any of us have is time, then a PK is truly stealing that from you.  If I want to fight them, it will take a LOT of time to prepare.  Then, even if I prepare, I will be out numbered, so more time finding people to help.  Then there's gear. They have better gear because they've spent more time than me collecting it.  So, the only question left is what is PvPs purpose in UO (For a player like me)?  I just don't see a purpose given the current content I'm interested in.

Back in the day, when you died and lost loot it was no big deal as there was nothing really special about gear.  Just go get the same standard stuff.  Now, it's built off farming for high end drops.  However, the cliques of PK players are too powerful for a returning player to deal with.

After a long day at work, I want to enjoy myself.  So, the easy solution would be to make PvP shards and PvM shards.  Problem solved.  However, it's too late (for me).

For the lady that said my 1 month is not long enough, well I've spent years on this game, have several accounts.  I still have a Beta disk.  My experience is very important to a returning power player that doesn't want to deal with PvP.

I would login, work a spawn, get PKd after 45mins to an hour as they stole everything.  This happened numerous times.  Why would I invest more time in that, with odds lower than being struck by lightening, that I would succeed in gaining control over the content I want to play?

Tis such a shame too.  The other side of things is that I only ever ran into a handful of people, just a few returning players and a core group (who were also secretly the PKs).  I mean what's the point?  Lol, this post stands as a testament to why this gaming studio will go out of business.  Want to save it?  Create something for all types of players. 

Risk/Reward and Balance aren't as important to an experience as developers think.  My basic needs were inadequately met.  Kind of like having a child and then never feeding it (Dev - But we have perfectly balanced the amount of food it was given!!!!), or risking the family cat or dog coming along and eating it before the child gets a bite (Balance - We'll move the food a little closer!!) .The child "might" eat sometimes, but is highly likely to die.  Why risk that?  This is UO's PvP system as it stands.  It's just not good by design, and no amount of balance will change the underlying issue.

Simple as that.  I died because I couldn't eat.  I'm not interested anymore.  But after years of investment, I wanted to share my experience.  My experience is valid and happens all too often. 

Edit:  This is not my first time having this experience after returning and playing for a few months.  I was hoping it had been solved.  I was also told to spend real life money to transfer my characters to lower populated shards, or to start new characters on different shards.  Are you kidding me? 

This game has nothing to do with being timid.  If you are intelligent you see the pattern, calculate what it'll cost you, and decide it's just not going to give you the experience you want.   
    Personally, I agree with your point of view.

I think that, the way that Scrolls of Power have been handled since their inception has actually HURT Ultima Online losing players' base to it, NOT helped it...

It has certainly not helped PvP since, as we well know it, Felucca is and has been for YEARS, in a sad state of desolation....

What really has surprised me much over all of these Years, is to see content being kept and still implemented regardless, at least to my opinion, whether it has hurt Ultima Online as a whole SO MUCH and lost countless players' base to it....

Oh well, go figure...
    Arron said:
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with the game design. I am not a pvper and so i spend most of my time in tram and I always find lots to do, From time to time I will go to fel and do the champ spawns to get scrolls and such. I do understand your frustration as I have had the same issue. N one likes doing all the work and have a group of pvpers swoop in and steal all the rewards. I would like to pose an idea here. Why not make the champ spawn rewards based on points and deposit the reward to the player even after they are pked. In other words make it so the scrolls stay with the ghost. That would mean making them blessed instead of cursed. 
    That's the only way that UO can still be played at least "somewhat"... in Trammel.

Yet, even there, because of the players' base diminishing and of the increasing difficulty in finding Groups to Hunt Bosses together, even Trammel is now facing a difficulty of playing since a Returning or New player, alone, usually cannot tackle Bosses....

People play games to have fun, to take away their daily stress and NOT, at least to my viewing, to accumulate more stress from playing them....

If the game is Designed to aggravate the player more, rather then ease them up of their stress, why would that player want to play it ?

Furthermore, time nowadays is a BIG issue to many, there is less and less time available in one's own life. A Design that makes "grinding", which is a huge "time eater" a big part of that Design how could it be seen as interesting (or fun) by a player who has shortage of time at hand in their life ?

Sometimes I really have trouble understanding many Design choices which, at least to my opinion, look to result in a "boomerang effect" thus hurting the game, in the end, and losing players because of that particular Design and content, rather then helping the game in the end....

Oh well, go figure....
    edited January 2019
    Seth said:
    Not everyone quit because they were pked in Fel, at least that is not why I stopped a few times before, so does the friends I knew. I don't think the population dropped because of this simple reason alone. 
    The problem is not getting pkilled in Felucca.

The HUGE problem and issue causing the hemorrage of the players' base is Scrolls of Power being exclusive of Felucca with all of the consequences and "side effects" resulting from that (to my opinion BAD) Design choice.

It has caused those important and much needed items (also for PvM) become a Monopoly of a few, have forced players not being able to get them on their own, to be forced into alienating and absurd grinding in order for them to be able to pay the absurd and outrageous prices being asked for them (because of the Monopoly).

OF COURSE, at least to my viewing, that all this has lost players to Ultima Online by the TONS !

And did it even help PvP at all ? Not in the slightest as we all know the sad state of Felucca over the past Years and now....

It only lost players to UO, to my opinion and, infact, personally I consider the decision to make Scrolls of Power "exclusive" of Felucca the ONE reason that MOST hurt the well being of Ultima Online.... and the funny thing is, that it did not even help PvP as we have seen !!

To my opinion, players should get into PvP because they LIKE and ENJOY it and the Design should be aimed at having players WANT to engage into PvP and not, instead, feel to "have to" engage into PvP because only there certain, much needed items can be found....

Because then what happens, at least as I see it, is what we have seen has happened in UO were players STILL not going to PvP but getting into an absurd and horrible grinding to earn the ourageous gold needed to purchase those items from those holding their Monopoly tight and this, eventually, would "burn out" many of these players, alienating them from Ultima Online...

And who loses in the end ? The game as a whole loses since it gets hurt into its players' base and ability to support itself....

At least, that is the way I see it.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited January 2019

To the opener.

Champ Spawns are not really solo content, bring a few friends, and you can cut that 1 hour time down to 10 minutes = your risk goes down massively.

There are 20 odd spawns, and 24 hours in a day, chose your time and place.

I know friends who solo all day long, and never get seen, just because they know the right time and places to be.

There are lots of quite large guilds, that take in new players, for exactly the purpose of doing champ spawns as a team, and gearing players up, join one of them. Join the war on PK's, take control of your own life and destiny - this is actually very exciting, and the entire point of UO. Teamwork, a Sandbox world, with politics, intrigue, drama, highs and lows. It was never here to roll over to easy-mode desires.

@popps, the downfall of UO, was Trammel itself, giving it all the game content, none of the free content you enjoy in Trammel should be possible. Trammel should be a place to have a safe house, chat around a bit, gossip, train your crafter, meander - not hunt for overpowered game items. 

Bilbo said:
    WOW I haven't had this much belly laughs in a long time.  What is the point to this what ever you want to call it.  I call it a child throwing a temper tantrum because something didn't go their way.
    I instead see it a DIFFERENT point of view and good feedback to the game's Designers (seen from that particular point of view) to help them figure out what might be going wrong and losing players' base to the game....

It is then of course up to the Developers to decide what to do with that feedback and whether to adjust their Design decisions for the future....

But, at least to my opinion, if there is a player RETURNING to Ultima Online and then deciding NOT to stay, such players' feedback SHOULD be heard and kept well in sight by the Developers working to keep UO still up and running.

And I am also in disagreement with @Lady_Storm thinking that the thread should be locked.

I think it as very important to have these matters be discussed from ALL possible and varied points of view and then have the Designers sort out what Design would be best to address the issues.

They might be uncomfortable issues to discuss yet, I think such discussion is an important one to be made and players having "issues" with the Design are the MOST important feedback that needs to be heard "if" the intent is that to get "more" players to come back and play Ultima Online...

At least, that is how I see it.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I have actually been toying with the idea of creating a corporation or group of guilds that will help Blue players who wish to  work the fel champ spawns. I actually know a couple of great pvp'ers that are not red and do not grief other players. I will have to give it some more thought. Sort of like protectors of Tram. 
    edited January 2019
    Cookie said:

To the opener.

Champ Spawns are not really solo content, bring a few friends, and you can cut that 1 hour time down to 10 minutes = your risk goes down massively.

There are 20 odd spawns, and 24 hours in a day, chose your time and place.

I know friends who solo all day long, and never get seen, just because they know the right time and places to be.

There are lots of quite large guilds, that take in new players, for exactly the purpose of doing champ spawns as a team, and gearing players up, join one of them. Join the war on PK's, take control of your own life and destiny - this is actually very exciting, and the entire point of UO. Teamwork, a Sandbox world, with politics, intrigue, drama, highs and lows. It was never here to roll over to easy-mode desires.

@ popps, the downfall of UO, was Trammel itself, giving it all the game content, none of the free content you enjoy in Trammel should be possible. Trammel should be a place to have a safe house, chat around a bit, gossip, train your crafter, meander - not hunt for overpowered game items. 

I am absolutely in disagreement.

Trammel SAVED Ultima Online in that, it "at least" prevented the hemorrage of the players' base to continue until it was too low to permit sufficient resources to get in...

Forcing players to "have to" PvP is, at least to my opinion, NOT the way to "promote" PvP....

Players should engage into PvP because they WANT IT, not because, due to Design and mechanics, they feel that they "have to"....

This is a GDC Conference about Ultima Online which I found quite interesting to hear ().

My understanding is, that Trammel DID help Ultima Online to stay up and keep its players' base....

And not only that !

This summary on massivelyop.com (https://massivelyop.com/2018/03/28/gd-2018-ultima-online-post-mortem-with-richard-garriott-starr-long-raph-koster-and-rich-vogel/) indicates that "As painful as it may sound, one thing all the developers agreed on was that non-consensual PvP was a mistake. It’s a bit painful for me to write that, as most of my best MMO experiences took place in FFA PvP worlds, but Garriott noted that they had the metrics to back it up."

To be noted where it says... "....Garriott noted that they had the metrics to back it up...."

Also, scrolling down a little down the massivelyop.com article, there is this comment from a staff member :

"The existence of non-MMORPGs wasn’t what leaving players cited as their reasons for leaving – the ganking was. The population went up – a lot – after Trammel, in spite of EQ’s growing presence, which is basically the only reason the game was left to stay online, if you believe Walton, and I’ve got no good reason not to.

I have kept up with UO and still sub to it – your characterization of its patch history and current state are honestly unrecognizable to me."

To be noted where it says : "....The population went up – a lot – after Trammel, in spite of EQ’s growing presence...."

Personally, I have no doutbs, ZERO. Trammel SAVED Ultima Online and pemitted it to keep existing....

Without Trammel, I think, Ultima Online servers would have been shut down since a long time.....

Another good read that I found very interesting is here https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/398146/live-forum-q-a-with-raph-koster-10-16 .

Among many interesting things mentioned in that read, I found this passage, scrolling further down on page 3, about half way down,  quite enlightening....

"I do believe in a crime/punishment system. But everything we tried did fall prey to new accounts and killers who just didn't care. If they have no emotional attachment to losing (e.g., don't give a shit) then there isn't any in-game punishment you can offer up."

edited January 2019
    Nice video.  According to the video, at around 31 minutes, they state that more than "HALF" the user base was lost due to the current PvP system in place (And that was in the beginning).   After 20 years, the problem is at its worst, and the developers have chosen to essentially go out of business at this point.  I mean, come on!  The solution is so easy!  Make a PvP shard.   Felucca Shard, Trammel shard.  Problem solved!

Thanks for the video.  It provides the data that supports my point of view.  The game is in a death spiral.  Throw out the 2019 roadmap, and reconfigure the servers and PvP.  You will boost the population 100 times within a few months.

Then continue designing content for the largest player base (That's 90% of players) and not the 10% of griefers who are stealing my time each night when I get off work.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It wasn't me this time

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited January 2019
    Mervyn said:
    It wasn't me this time

That's what happened to me, over and over and over.   It was SO much fun.  And yet I'm timid and silly because I don't enjoy losing all that time I spent spawning the champ each night.  I was using a Tamer I had made (This was REALLY enjoyable btw) and building up the pets skills.  I was a couple of weeks out from speeding up the farming process.  BUT NO I needed to stop, start a new character to defeat spawns faster to avoid being PKd.  Are you kidding me!?  

Lol - The solution is so damned simple it's hilarious!
    edited January 2019
    In the real world, the countries where Murderers have all the power, are the places no one wants to live.  There's LOTs of these places around the globe.  They are horrible places to exist (I'm sure).  Yet, PvP in UO simulates these places.

Some Warlord came along, killed your entire family and friends, stole all the food you were growing in the field, and you are giving up on life?!  Bah you are timid!  You need to go prepare to fight the Warlord and all his psychopathic friends so you can take back your desire to grow food in your field, so you can eat to survive.

Look.... the real life person committed suicide instead.  What a loser... How timid of them... guess living in a warlords territory is not for the feint of heart.  Any noob knows you just buy weapons, build up a community of friends, and fight back.

My god.  Fire the head designer.  They are the deathknell in this games history.  They NEED to be removed if they cannot understand these simple analogies.

I expect this post to be locked or deleted anyway.  That will be the final grief UO plays upon me.  They will delete the time it took me to explain the reason I am leaving, as if to say "**** you!  Timid Noob!"  LOL  I will laugh when the final server closes, and say "I told you so" even though I really don't want them to go out of business in the first place.

You let this go for 20 years!  HAHA, time to hire a new lead designer (And I'm sure this isn't the first one).  You can have a resume that is filled with your glorious deeds, that is a mile long, and still be an utter failure at your job.  Also, there's still time to fix it.  You could change the course you are taking (that is a slow closing of the business doors for the last time).  There's still a LOT to like about UO, it's just that you've let the murderers control everything.  You let the people who have low moral judgement ruin it all.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited January 2019
    One has to wonder why you only chose to create a log in for this forum to come tell us all you have quit?
    Starting a champion spawn at peak playing time and expecting to not be raided is somewhat foolish, to say the least. Even on quiet shards that's not likely to happen, it's been that way since champion spawns were introduced!  

Quitting because you can't do something that was always impossible doesn't make any sense to me, neither does ignoring the vast amount of content that isn't a champion spawn.

They created Trammel for people who don't like to be pk'd, also Malas, Tokuno, Ter Mur and Eodon. 

Since you have quit, and deleted your characters, I don't think there's much more to be said than Goodbye.
  • My brief comment about UO not being for the timid seems to had an effect on you. You mentioned it several times. One simply can't be overly sensitive in UO. Everyone dies and when we do we have insurance. All you've lost is some time. The whole point of the game is killing time lol. Power scrolls are about all the PvPers have. You gotta give them something. UO isn't a single player game.
  • Just thinking about it I've seen a lot of new names on Legends. That's been going on for awhile. I don't think the game is gonna close cause some newb gets PKed lol.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    They didn't start in Fel so they get the chance to enjoy the game at their own pace.

@popps is right on with the state of UO

Trammel saved UO, everyone knows that expect those in denial.  Sure we hated it but the fact remains.

IMO power scrolls needs to be removed for more balance and PvP changed to be more like factions was and not limited to just Fel. Pk's limited to just killing faction players unless in Fel.   

Also limit the amount of stats items can have also remove the ability to use some skills with others, Like you wouldn't be able to use Chiv and Necro... 

Oh and remove Shard Shields or Make a portal room to any shard (aside from siege) and allow any paying sub to use them.   There's some other items that should be changed as well.

edited January 2019
    One has to wonder why you only chose to create a log in for this forum to come tell us all you have quit?
    Starting a champion spawn at peak playing time and expecting to not be raided is somewhat foolish, to say the least. Even on quiet shards that's not likely to happen, it's been that way since champion spawns were introduced!  

Quitting because you can't do something that was always impossible doesn't make any sense to me, neither does ignoring the vast amount of content that isn't a champion spawn.

They created Trammel for people who don't like to be pk'd, also Malas, Tokuno, Ter Mur and Eodon. 

Since you have quit, and deleted your characters, I don't think there's much more to be said than Goodbye.
    "They created Trammel for people who don't like to be pk'd, also Malas, Tokuno, Ter Mur and Eodon. "

The issue, at least to my viewing, is NOT that Trammel is for players who do not want to be player killed BUT, rather, that an item quite fundamental for gameplay, ALSO in PvM, has been exclusively limited to Felucca as a Spawn.

And what has this caused ?

A Monopoly....

And what do Monopolies create, to my understanding ?

The SKYROCKETING of prices --> Inflation and, therefore, the need for all of the Trammel players who do not want to deal with PvP, to have to GRIND an outrageous amount of time in order to put together enough Gold to then be able to afford the absurd asking price for those Scrolls of Power....

And, to my opinion, what does all of that repetitive grinding cause in several players ?

It can "deter" them from wanting to play the game as a whole.... they get "burned out" from having to grind way too much in order to afford those absurdedly high prices....

Which it would mean, as I see it, as a consequence, a game losing its players' base which is not good for the necessary upkeep and gathering of resources needed to maintain it.....

The only way out, to my opinion, from such a deadlock situation is to "break" that Monopoly by either making pkillers life way, but WAY more difficult in Felucca (which is kinda out of question considering their enormous wealth coming from the benefit of holding such a Monopoly and the superior gear which they can afford with that in-game large wealth), or more simply by making Scrolls of Power available also elsewhere, where a few PvPers cannot control them and their pricing....

That is at least the way I see it.
    My brief comment about UO not being for the timid seems to had an effect on you. You mentioned it several times. One simply can't be overly sensitive in UO. Everyone dies and when we do we have insurance. All you've lost is some time. The whole point of the game is killing time lol. Power scrolls are about all the PvPers have. You gotta give them something. UO isn't a single player game.
    Thing is, that to many it is PRECISELY time the MOST VALUABLE commodity....

A whole lot of people have a life pretty much leaving short free time and they therefore want their free, LIMITED time to be well spent towards their entertainment, not towards increasing their stress already coming from real life...

At least, to my understanding....
  • popps said:
    My brief comment about UO not being for the timid seems to had an effect on you. You mentioned it several times. One simply can't be overly sensitive in UO. Everyone dies and when we do we have insurance. All you've lost is some time. The whole point of the game is killing time lol. Power scrolls are about all the PvPers have. You gotta give them something. UO isn't a single player game.
    Thing is, that to many it is PRECISELY time the MOST VALUABLE commodity....

A whole lot of people have a life pretty much leaving short free time and they therefore want their free, LIMITED time to be well spent towards their entertainment, not towards increasing their stress already coming from real life...

At least, to my understanding....
    If your playing the game like an office I couldn't deal with that. 8:15 do champ spawn. 9:15 to 9:25 meet with guild mates. 9:25 to 10:30 mining. What kinda game is that lol? Just go with the flow and enjoy it. If your life is that packed up on time I don't think video games are for you lol. Making the game super easy cause people just want to play an hour a day is called Facebook Gameroom. Making the game work around people that can only play 2 hours every other day would be a really big mistake. Not to mention impossible to revamp the whole system. I have 24/7 to play if I wish. That would give me a huge advantage. It's not the finish line, it's the journey. What is it in the last 20 YEARS have you not been able to fit in? lol The game over all is fine. Your not going to make 100% of the people happy regardless. There's things I really hate about the game (castle customization *cough*) but you deal with it. I don't ignore the 1000s of things I love about UO to focus on the couple I don't agree with.
This discussion has been closed.