Quality of life improvements for UO 2019

Hello everyone. 
I'm starting this thread for everyone to post and discuss what types of quality of life improvements everyone would like to see implemented in UO for 2019.

When i think of quality of life in UO it's the simple things that come to mind.  Something that maybe you find a bit annoying that could be changed to make game play a little more enjoyable. 

Major overhauls or complex issues such as PvP balance,  Loot system changes,  expansions,  IDOCs, exploiters,  cheating and so forth would be better suited for another thread due to their complex nature.

I'll start it off with a few of my own that i would like to see....

1-  Update pets in the Enhanced Client so that rare hues are visible. 
 Void and Metallic hue Mares for example are not recognizable with the enhanced client.

2-  Update backpacks in the Classic Client so that you can toggle to grid style view when needed. 
This would be most useful when using the classic client and you are trying to purchase a vendor item that was stocked with via the enhanced client.  Currently the nature of the two clients clash creating a situation where items stocked by the enhanced client can not be viewed with the classic client pack design.   I've often found it frustrating having to switch clients (and often patch) to the enhanced client just to make a simple purchase.

3-  Eliminate rubber banding.
  We've all experienced it running into steps of a private home but the true annoyance for me comes from running through the jungles of fel when the smaller trees are animated to be nothing more than twigs that cause rubber banding.

4-  Eliminate the stat buff reset caused from crossing server lines.
  To better explain this i'm talking about the stat buff that you get from your suit.  Hit points, stamina, mana increase.  All of the those buffs are at max on your heath bar but as soon as you cross a server line they drop down to your base stats (without suit buffs) and need to be regenerated again.

So there's just a few of mine.  I'm sure i'll think of more as the subject mater lingers in my head.

Lets hear what you would like to see happen to improve your quality of life in UO for 2019 and with any luck perhaps a sympathetic developer could take heed our woes and make life just a bit better for all of us. 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Make more things stack that are identical. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DrowyDrowy Posts: 128
    - Let Bone Armor, Stone Armor, Wood items and Tinker items be able to be salvaged with a salvage bag. And even if we still cant resources back, at least let the items get destroyed instead of moving them out of the bag one by one.

- Let the npcs that sell just 20 items also sell 500, like some items already and restock them instantly. If keeping the 20, at least let them restock to the double after a certain amount of time 10 mins, 20 mins, 30 mins or whatever. So we dont have to check the vendors all the time if the restocked, but know when they do.

- Change the color of the damage a pet takes in classic client so I dont have to fear my own death when I see high numbers standing beside my pet vetting it.

- Give us a window after taking a trade order where we see what items and the amount needed together with the destination city. So we dont have to mouse over the crate. Especially when you have to get 5 different items this would be a nice help.

- Let Bods get the fitting amount from a higher amount stack. So we dont have to split the stack in every amount needed instead.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Context menu on items dropped in your house that lets you secure or lock the item down. I hate having to move my hand off of the mouse in order to type "I wish to secure this".

A way to dump the contents of a bag into a trash barrel without having to drop the bag into the barrel.

Increase the font size in the EC map so we do not need a magnifying glass to see the coordinates.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    TimSt said:

Context menu on items dropped in your house that lets you secure or lock the item down. I hate having to move my hand off of the mouse in order to type "I wish to secure this".

A way to dump the contents of a bag into a trash barrel without having to drop the bag into the barrel.

Increase the font size in the EC map so we do not need a magnifying glass to see the coordinates.

https://uo.stratics.com/xena/uohome.shtml
  • Does that still work?

edited January 2019
    I use it all the time  UOHomeOwner, UORudder and UOAutoMap
  • I cant get automap to work for me, did everything Kojak said, but it will not calibrate and track...sure miss it.  I gotta check out rudder and homeowner tho, sounds good!

• Quality of life improvement would be to have an official Automap, and not a third party one.  But yeah, I know

I cant get automap to work for me, did everything Kojak said, but it will not calibrate and track...sure miss it.  I gotta check out rudder and homeowner tho, sounds good!

UOAutoMap requires UOA and it does not need to be a paid UOA
  • Finally put in the new vendor option
  • Here's a good one in the newsletter!  

"a new way to identify hues in the classic client"

Thats awesome!

• I don't want to go too far in the wrong direction in this thread but maybe look at increasing intensity or mod count on some of the old peerless, and changing up some of the "arties" they drop as well.

Also make the "drop" system similar or exactly the same as the new "peerless" bosses. As it is "arties" drop to the corpse of Melisande, Paroxymus, Monstrous Interred Grizzle, and Travesty and it sucks when you do find a person you enjoy playing with and you forget to break party and a crimson cincture drops and both people don't potentially walk away with something. I'm not saying BOTH people get a cc, but both people should get a chance to get something, and it should drop immediately to back pack, and not in the corpse.

Try to find some reason for players to go to each town, like a special type of activity or "purpose" for each town that melds well today. Think along the lines of the Queen's Forge in Ter Mur. Give bowyers a reason to go to Yew, or a small boost to smelting in Minoc, or better yet, if we do get a trickling in of new players, and they choose to start at a particular town, let people who 'volunteer' at some office in their "loyalty" cities get a system message that says a new player appeared in town, and also let that potential new player click a box when they create a new character if they want to seek help when they begin or something.. maybe don't word it like that, but this gives those who are inclined to help newbies to show up with a welcoming of some sort. It's critical to allow the "new player" to choose if they want this or not, as well as people in the respective city to choose to get involved with this or not if this is even worth considering.

To take a note out of @Mervyn 's notepad/book/journal whatever it is he's got on that side of the computer screen, either simplify and consolidate and explain some of the "hidden" systems involved with getting characters up and moving in the world of Britainnia. Like 80 dex for parry to work properly etc.

Consider some of the suggestions about peerless keys in other threads.. like do away with timers, or allow players to put them on vendors. This could help younger players also, because while they may not want to die repeatedly to a peerless boss, it could help them get some coins to sell the keys to other players. This can allow new players the chance to get a little newbie foot hold in the economy on a server, and could also allow them to potentially meet up with more experienced players or someone who can help them gear up etc.

And also, more deco like the bathtub.. like beds you can "lay" in, or walk into and have your head poking out on the pillows, more attractive couches and such. Just general QoL stuff for house sitters/trammies or whatever we get called these days.

And thanks for keeping the game going in the ups and downs.
  • A note for Kyronix and Mesanna:  I do wish you would consider giving 17x17 and larger, and keeps and large towers the same storage as castles.  

I think you would see an exodus, from some of us, back to the smaller homes, thereby freeing up a bit of land for other homes.  

And allow 2 homes per acct, on any prodo shard.  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    While I appreciate my campaigns to make the game mechanics more open and less elitist are being noticed by someone. I’ve all but given up the fight, Bleak’s latest suggestion to further complicate the hidden rules on parrying just serves as an example of 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this game. 

I don’t think they want new players.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited January 2019
    When we lore another players pet it would be helpful if we could see the remaining training points it has.
    This would be useful when purchasing a partially trained pet so you know exactly what you're getting.

• Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited January 2019
    Mervyn said:
    While I appreciate my campaigns to make the game mechanics more open and less elitist are being noticed by someone. I’ve all but given up the fight, Bleak’s latest suggestion to further complicate the hidden rules on parrying just serves as an example of 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this game. 

I don’t think they want new players.
    Mervyn I do appreciate your efforts, ableit a different style than my own. 

That being said however perhaps your statement regarding the parry debate would have been better suited in the other thread here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/2962/parry-balance-discussion/p1.

Thank you for understanding my desire to keep this thread on topic and open for positive feedback from us players for the developers to use as a tool towards future publishes.

• When we lore another players pet it would be helpful if we could see the remaining training points it has.
    This would be useful when purchasing a partially trained pet so you know exactly what you're getting.
    To better illustrate.  This is what i would like to see when loring someone elses  pet.

The purpose of wanting to see the unused points is to prevent players from getting scammed.  Players sell and buy partially trained pets all the time with intent of the purchaser finishing off the pet the way he or she likes it.  The sale is done with the buyer trusting the sellers statement that it has 620 points remaining but there is no way for the buyer to know until he/she makes the purchase.

• Az_Az_ Posts: 6
    I would like to be able to see the same 'Lore pet' and 'See pet' (as an owner of a New Mag stall) that everyone else sees.  It would make managing pet inventory easier.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Inventory/backpack bug in EC. When scrolling or even opening a container, rows will be missing or not even show at all.  Happens very very often. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The ability to put information on pet lore or first page in Magincia stalls that can be seen by shoppers.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    The shard transfer shield to behave the same as the tree stump, mining cart, bee hive, ship painting, and the scrolls of transcendence painting and show us the number of charges stored in the shield.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Bigger font for runic atlas.

Sortable rune in runic atlas.

That's all I want for 2019 lol
    Aayla said:
    Bigger font for runic atlas.

Sortable rune in runic atlas.

That's all I want for 2019 lol

Yes please.
    Add the Eodon slayers to the list of slayers in the Vendor Search Query gump
    Add Book/SpellBook to the list of equipment in the Vendor Search Query gump.
    Crystal Portal and a Corrupted Crystal Portal at every bank in UO
  • A hitching post in Doom would be nice for tamers
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Since we’re just wishing here... vet rewards have no time restriction it’s just a pool to choose from every year. With a veteran being accounts over 12mos, to even this playing field. Or can we see a pet trough add-on that insta bonds pets a few times a month? Or how about a hair-styling chair that lets you change to new hair styles, colors, race, gender, and name? Even better lets get a magical paint set that lets you have unlimited uses of pigmints of tokuno of all colors available. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • A tinkering workstation that utilizes the complete tinker's tool menu. The current one makes 1 item, golums.
    Vet Reward turn in system on a 2-1 scale.
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Vet rewards be for sale in the store for sovereigns. Just don’t see the point of all that dev time every year for what? 6 people? The gold sellers? The I have 54 21 year accounts just for vet rewards? I mean still give these folks their FREE rewards for playing but let us plebs buy them from you. On my new account i can get a spider mount for free in 2040 or you could charge me 20 bucks for a vet pick. 

Shard bind any consumable item. Use it or lose it, or keep it but where you got it. 

esdxWhere is the bank?