CC Select Nearest Macro Crashes

Recently returned to UO after taking a break in ‘14. Back then I had no issue setting a macro to select the nearest hostile then attack it. Today this same macro crashes the client. I can do without the macro but it adds several minutes onto the time it takes to do a champion spawn. I have tried this same macro in EC and it works flawlessly, however I play UO for the nostalgia and do not like to switch to EC whenever I do a champion spawn. Has anybody else experienced this crashing? There was 0 issue with the same macro 5 years ago? What happened? 

Regards,

esdxWhere is the bank? 

Comments

• IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    I am asking that a game function not crash the client when used. I’m not asking for anything game changing or hypothetical nonsense. I would just like to have the in-client macro not crash the client when in use. 

Macro: Line 1, Select nearest-> Hostile. Line 2, AttackSelectedTarget

Press this button at a champion spawn and you lock up and crash on the classic client. I’m at max play window and resoloution available and I play in windowed mode. I wouldn’t need this if the game code would automatically initiate combat with the closest hostile when in war mode. You know UO though... surrounded by litches? Cool the skeleton 4 tiles away flagged and is your current target so have fun playing double clicky now or die a horrible death and run all the way out of deceit to find a healer. Ya bummer... you can literally hold down one button in EC and just run around in circles. I just want this macro for when im surrounded and dont want to play double clicky or die. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I will pm 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TimTim Posts: 790
    As a EC player I just want to say NO it doesn't work flawlessly. We don't crash but we have our own issues with that macro. Ghosts for one (its been dead for an hour but we still target it) I could go on but I'm off topic.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    I will take a look into this issue. There are several client crash fixes in Pub 104. 
    @Bleak Thank you! 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    edited January 2019
    I've not been able to reproduce this, @Ikeelu

However try the macro:
    line -> Select nearest-> Hostile. Line 2, AttackLastTarget

This seems to also work, may be a temporary fix..

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

@Mervyn I was unable to play last night. I’ll get you the info ASAP. However, the macro you stated will not do the job necessary. Thank you for looking into it. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    edited January 2019
    Deleted