A Disappointing Adventure

FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
edited March 2018 in General Discussions
Devs,

Last night,  my guild attempted the Harrower. For some of our group (myself included), this was the first time ever. We spent weeks gathering the skulls, being raided several times in the process, but were very careful in planning our attack. Honestly, it went flawlessly and we would have been in and out without a raid, if not for one glaring problem.

One of the tentacles spawned behind the wall in Hythloth, and despite our best efforts and several tricks to try and damage it, there it remained. We could do little more than knick its health.

Many of us paged for a GM to come solve a rather simple issue: to move the tentacle from inaccessible point A, to accessible point B. We were quite clear and concise in outlining the issue in our pages, and many stayed up even later than planned hoping we'd be able to finish our adventure.

Your site says support is available in-game between 9AM and 4AM EST, 24/7, and they'll "do their best to address [the] issue in a timely manner".

However, this was not our experience last night. After over an hour of waiting without any sort of acknowledgement, my guild was forced to abandon our attempt at defeating the Harrower at roughly 3:45AM. Likely a GM came this morning and moved the tentacle for someone else to reap the rewards of our time and effort, which I feel is unacceptable.

In my personal experience, it has taken the GMs anywhere from ten minutes to several hours to come handle simple pages. I understand that there are a lot of people who play this game, and pages are tackled in the order received. However, sometimes it appears as though there either aren't any/enough of them, or that they don't care enough to show up and do their job.

Regardless, it's not their fault really. The fact that after how many years terrain remains behind the dungeon walls where monsters can spawn beyond reach is baffling. Can those pieces not be removed somehow? It would likely solve and/or prevent many issues in the future.

As for me, I'll just have to deal with the fact that my first ever attempt at a Harrower was fouled by poor design and a lack of timely support.

~Faeryl
Tagged:

Comments

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited March 2018
    An addition: Two of my guildmates received emails at roughly 10:28AM EST concerning their pages.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Sorry to hear about your misadventure....I have had the exact opposite response and every time I page a GM they show up within minutes.

The tentacles spawning in inaccessible places is a timeless glitch that is VERY annoying and I can't tell you how many times me or my friends have paged for that very reason.

I am HOPING that a fix for this is within the purview of publish 100.

• OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    I don't doubt our issue is that we planned it at an "off" hour to avoid interference if possible, but this was still ludicrous.

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    Great post, should also be seen in the bug forum.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Feigr said:
    Great post, should also be seen in the bug forum.
    Guildmate made another post there and linked to this one. It's covered. :)
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    I should have had you do it.Yours is better. :)

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2018
    Your problem was, your Harrower didn't have the importance of say......a castle idoc.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Your problem was, your Harrower didn't have the importance of say......a castle idoc.
    Darn! A ***CASTLE*** IDOC? Where?? When??? :D ;)
  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, that's utterly ridiculous.

Ouch; that might put a dent in how much I may spend to try going towards playing end-game content, if in fact, I decide to even work towards getting there.

That is pretty unprofessional, low-grade program engineering and customers service right there.

I might go play something else for a while lol.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    My husband and I once spent 2 hours throwing explode potions at a tentacle behind the wall in Wrong. Each potion was able to do like 2-4 damage when we targeted the base of the wall. Fun times  :D

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    Many Harrowers have been abandoned because of inaccessible testicles... tentacles... Stupid auto incorrect
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Eye said:
    Many Harrowers have been abandoned because of inaccessible testicles... tentacles... Stupid auto incorrect
    rofl
    Eye said:
     :D 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Eye said:
    Best quote of these forums so far!
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    That tentacle problem is avoidable if you drag him to proper open spots.  People like to hide them in small areas cause its easier to field and hold and then have to deal with that problem.  I think its great that screws over the easy button players.  Although customer service should be better by the GM's.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    That tentacle problem is avoidable if you drag him to proper open spots.  People like to hide them in small areas cause its easier to field and hold and then have to deal with that problem.  I think its great that screws over the easy button players.  Although customer service should be better by the GM's.

Wow.  Players should be punished for playing strategically.  Sampires should be punished by bugs and glitches all the time then, and never have them addressed, because they used game systems to create an "easy mode" character.

Your argument is ridiculous and I think if you thought it through you would understand.
    Pinkerton said:

Wow.  Players should be punished for playing strategically.  Sampires should be punished by bugs and glitches all the time then, and never have them addressed, because they used game systems to create an "easy mode" character.

Your argument is ridiculous and I think if you thought it through you would understand.
    @Pinkerton
    Your comment?

• Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400

Wow.. what a slip ...hehe

Mesanna needs to get the Advisors back on the job...  that was one of their jobs to move trapped monsters for players.  One of them could have saved a lot of headaches.