Remove Traps Skill

LudinLudin Posts: 4
edited November 2018 in Skills and Stats
Greetings!

I am puzzled by some contradicting information I came across regarding Remove Traps. I read several people claim that only GMing the skill will allow one to remain hidden while attempting to remove a trap. Is that true? Was there an Update that changed how the skill works?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Before answering your question I have logged into test center to ensure the information I give is accurate.  Remove trap will reveal your character at all levels. GM in the skill does not allow you to remain hidden.
  • LudinLudin Posts: 4
    Thanks, Mariah! I much appreciate your clarifying this matter for me.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:
    Before answering your question I have logged into test center to ensure the information I give is accurate.  Remove trap will reveal your character at all levels. GM in the skill does not allow you to remain hidden.
    This should not be, though.

The bonus for being GM Remove Trap should absolutely grant the ability to remain hidden in association with the proper Stealth skill....
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I agree ^^
  • no it should not
  • LudinLudin Posts: 4
    It is confirmed in production servers as well since my character is GM Stealth, Hide, and Remove Traps, however it becomes revealed whenever attempting to remove a trap.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Ludin said:
    It is confirmed in production servers as well since my character is GM Stealth, Hide, and Remove Traps, however it becomes revealed whenever attempting to remove a trap.
    But, the BONUS for receiving GM Remove Trap should not permit that and the character should remain hidden, thanking to their GM status....

At least, this is how I think it should work....