UO crypto currency

UO should create an in game crypto currency and this should replace uo gold. 

Current gold should be converted into uocoin. And over time spawn would drop less and less uocoin. 

The coin would have no limit to the amount you can fractionalise it. 

Although officially you’re not allowed to buy/sell uogold for real money. I believe the desire to do so would create new interest in the game. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LOL  Lets rename the currency used in UO and reduce the amount dropped to increase the value for gold sellers.  You do understand you could do the same thing just by reducing the amount of gold dropped by mobs.  But the real question is why do you want UO gold/what ever you call it worth more real money, I think you get my meaning to my question.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I think it would give people renewed drive to earn gold (and play the game) Currently, I could drop a mill on the floor and feel no loss. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• So you want to give more power and incentive to gold sellers to further trash UO's economy?! 

NO.

This thread should be locked as an RoC violation. 
    edited January 2019
    I’m not advocating buying/selling uo gold.

Having a cryptocurrency would do the opposite of trashing the economy as you couldn’t dupe gold and over time less and less would be created.

how have gold sellers trashed the economy? Shard shields and dupers did that.

• Mervyn said:
    Although officially you’re not allowed to buy/sell uogold for real money. I believe the desire to do so would create new interest in the game. 
    This would be were you're advocating it, disingenuously couched in a phrase meant to make people believe your cryptofantasy would somehow bring players back or lure in new ones. Sure, it might bring accounts in - gold farmers and other scripters hoping to make a quick buck off nostalgic rubes. The types of people we don't want.

Gold sellers help to ruin the economy by preying on the players, creating a secondary P2W market and encouraging people to throw $ at them instead of just playing the game. Further, they tend to supply a disproportionate amount of the goods being sold for gold, meaning large amounts of  gold cycles through a relatively small number of people.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Mervyn said:

(...)

Hear, hear! For once I totally agree with Mervyn! B) :D
    Mervyn said:

Having a cryptocurrency would do the opposite of trashing the economy as you couldn’t dupe gold and over time less and less would be created.

Are you kidding me, then what the hell is this
    Mervyn said:
    Anyone who came to the game that you don’t want Dot, would I’m sure be a friend of mine. 

• Mervyn said:
    Anyone who came to the game that you don’t want Dot, would I’m sure be a friend of mine. 
    So you want more scripters and RMTers?  

Color me shocked. 
    Guess his real UO Cash is starting to run low so he needs to find ways to boost his sells.
    Are you talking about me? I have never engaged in buying or selling for real money, and have no plans to do so. 

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Mervyn said:

Sorry, but I don't much like your idea. Also you seem to have missed something. I disagree that shard shields are to blame, that depends how they're used. I use mine to support mine and other alliance mates' characters on other shards and maintain no vendors - plus I don't have one for Atlantic.
    Dupers, not gold sellers?  Really?  The most duped items were gold checks - that's why the new money system was put in. Who do would you guess was duping those? Now I'm going to flag this thread before it gets even more toxic.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think this has gone far enough
This discussion has been closed.