Character Still partially in Factions

TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
 Paged a GM who spent a considerable amount of time trying to resolve the issue a18-24 Months ago and finally gave up and said he would have to forward it to the Dev Team to resolve and I should expect a Email from the devs.  Been a year and a half and probably closer to 2 years since then and still no Email and the the problem persist.

The character was in Minax and is still ignored by Ogre Lords just as if he were still in factions.  Several ways I could exploit this :)   BUT the problem is the character is my Mystic/Mage T Hunter on Siege and my EVs and RCs ignore the Ogre Lords from T Chest.   Which is quite annoying and requires the much slower method of killing the OL Guardians with Bombard or Hailstorm (Mage is useless as there is no room on the template for eval.

Any chance that there will be a day that this character can be fully removed from factions?

Comments

• GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    Not sure if this will help you, but I also experienced this bug. My sampire was allied to SL demons (which was great while doing the fire spawn lol). After I joined and left VvV, the demon alliance ended. Have you joined VvV on that character?

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Yep one of the things the GM had me try.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021

Would a character transfer wipe the faction status? If the character isn't on Siege that is.

Not an ideal solution by any means, just a thought.

-Arroth

Would a character transfer wipe the faction status? If the character isn't on Siege that is.

Not an ideal solution by any means, just a thought.

I had the same problem on a prodo character and transferring did wipe it out.  This character is one of my main Siege characters though :)

• LexLex Posts: 38
    Same issue here with one of my characters.
    VvV popped up in one of the guilds I was with where there were other VvV players (once I visited Fell once).

Then it disappeared when I left guild and started my own with just me in it.
    Not sure if it sticks this time, but it's a remnant from having your character in factions before the old system closed. 
    Lex said:
    Same issue here with one of my characters.
    VvV popped up in one of the guilds I was with where there were other VvV players (once I visited Fell once).

Then it disappeared when I left guild and started my own with just me in it.
    Not sure if it sticks this time, but it's a remnant from having your character in factions before the old system closed. 

Yep I know what it is and spent over a hour with a GM dressing, undressing with the Gms doing whatever the GMs do, joining VvV , Gating, crossing server lines, dying, entering despise and leaving despise and was told the Dev team would fix the character and to expect a email............. So I have been patiently waiting for a good while now waiting for the email and am just wondering if it will ever be sent :)
  • MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    Tyrath said:

Any chance that there will be a day that this character can be fully removed from factions?
    Please check this character again.  I believe this was previously resolved.
    Misk said:
    Tyrath said:

I know when I posted this the character could walk immune to to ogre lords through despise on Siege.  I shorty after posting this gave the entire master account  with that character to someone else.  Sent him a message asking if the Character still has the Minax immunity to OLs
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Misk said:
    Tyrath said:

I can verify characters that were in factions during the removal of factions are not flagged first by their faction's mob, so this is not fixed. 

However, The barding (provocation) of old faction npc's is fixed. when it was broken, provoked faction mobs ignored each other

Here is a link to the bug report I sent about it a few years ago on UO-Stratics.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    aye
    observe my pixies even refusing the "all kill" command.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002