Store suggestion (not sure where to post it)

NamelessJourneyNamelessJourney Posts: 133
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Hi, I have a suggestion for the UO store,
 a set of 5 peerless keys for maybe $7.00 USD? Or how many sovereigns equivalent, and make it the same peerless, maybe 5 dryad's blessing for instance..
then a second set of 1 of every peerless for maybe $7.00 USD or equivalent.
I think this is a good price, and also saves the key farming for people that may not enjoy it anymore or are just burnt out on it. Thoughts?

Here are a few of my own thoughts on this..
It eliminates the hassle of farming keys for people who want to invest time in their life, family time etc..
makes access to "content" available for guilds who may be struggling to schedule to set events up for themselves.
Keeps the key farming route viable/versus the cost of the sets of keys.. I think that's a good price, considering the time it takes to farm a single set of keys. I could see people maybe buying this at least once a week to just have a peerless farm night. And minimizes the foot work in it. If this causes P2W complaints, have a gold accepting NPC by the entrance to these peerless bosses that take a sum of gold for access to the peerless instead. Not going to suggest however much gold be needed.

If this suggestion is just wildly herp derp, forgive me, I just get burnt out on the standard key farming after so many years of it.

Comments

• Would be fine with me if they just tossed the whole key idea out the window.  But instead they have now added it to the seasonal events =(

• Keyless peerless would be fine for me if it were manageable, like have multiple 'instances' kind of like medusa but more than that. I'd be there all day lol.

I figure my suggestion though might get a little revenue going, just for people that hate key farming or are burnt out on it. I get so burnt out after about 5 sets, I can barely stand to look at the game anymore, let alone sneeze at the wrong time and look up to see myself go to 0 hp and fade to grey... and waste my key.. ; _ ;

Shimmer at least has a rez ankh, and so does Stygian and Medusa but, something could be done to expedite the process of just getting to the peerless, I wouldn't mind dropping a few coins from to time. I'd probably get this at least once a week, maybe more depending on free time.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Good idea! If I might add to it I would take your idea with the low cost use and add a multi use possibly week long one for X amount more. Oh and have it tradeable too. 

Having a gold sink for entry is also a fantastic idea since so many other sinks have failed. 
  • Yeah, I kind of feel at this moment, there is a lot of nice stuff in the store, but a lot of it I just don't care about. I like fiddling with stuff, and killing bosses though, and crafting. I can understand why they don't put like runic crafting kits and stuff, or the boss drops in the store, it negates a lot of stuff, but this seemed "right" to me. I hope the devs get a look at it.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    edited January 2019
    I'd rather they just took the timers off the keys so we could gather them, or sell them, to use at our leisure.

Selling them in the store is just asking for them to nickle and dime us to death a la the 'Potion of Glorious Fortune' bs. For a subscription based game, that is unacceptable. 
  • Well, if they would allow people to stock pile/vendor them to others I'd be ok with whatever option.

My primary suggestion was a 'profitable' way for them to make a buck, and still leave the 'real' route available, and free up time to actually do the content I set my own sights on. I enjoyed keying for a many years, but maybe I'm just older or have less free time than before and want to boss rush sometimes lol.

On another note, I have internet access where I am, so I can lurk like a pro now hehe.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I'd rather they just took the timers off the keys so we could gather them, or sell them, to use at our leisure.

Selling them in the store is just asking for them to nickle and dime us to death a la the 'Potion of Glorious Fortune' bs. For a subscription based game, that is unacceptable. 
    Agree, last thing we need is more game content shoved to the store.  Take the timers off and allow us to put keys on vendors (or even leave the timer on, and they go 'poof' on the vendor for all I care), that way those who like farming or get more keys than they need can sell the excess. Just make em stackable.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum