frenzied whirlwind + ninjitsu

ShannowShannow Posts: 35
edited December 2018 in Skills and Stats
Hi,

I hate to be a moaner, but why can I not use a latajang to perform the special move frencied whirlwind?
it says I need 50 bushido in the game. but I have over 50 ninjitsu which should be enough according to below:

This is taken straight from the uoguide website

The Frenzied Whirlwind Special Move was added during the Samurai Empire expansion. It deals scaled damage based on Ninjitsu/Bushido skill levels within a two tile radius over 2 seconds. Applies a movement slow to its initial target if it is player. This special move can be activated by setting a key macro for the appropriate primary or secondary weapon ability or double-clicking the icon in 2D. The icon will highlight red when activated.

• Mana Cost: 20
  • Requires 50+ Bushido or Ninjitsu skill to use.
  • if used by a trained pet it will not slow the movement of nearby enemies.
PLEASE NOTE - requires 50 bushido OR ninjitsu.

Comments

• OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    There are several possible factors that could be coming into play here. I think the most likely cause is the Latajang has the move listed as a secondary skill, which means it's required skill could be higher than those that have it as a primary, like the Tetsubo or Wakizashi.

What is your Fencing, Tactics, and Ninjitsu skill?
  • currently they are:
    fencing 94.3
    tactics 76.5
    ninjitsu 87.0
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    Ok, I thought maybe it had a higher nijutsu requirement being that it was a secondary special. But, it actually only works with Bushido, following some testing. This may be a bug or by design. @Kyronix @Bleak ?
  • Thanks for confirming and testing.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    This is a bug and has already been listed, they’re a little behind on bug fixes:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1414/lajatang-weapon-specials-do-not-work-with-ninjitsu/p1
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ShannowShannow Posts: 35
    Ok, I changed my template, rather than wait for a bug fix.
    Must say that frenzied whirlwind does ridiculous damage on anything near me and I only have 70 bushido atm. No anat, only fencing, ninjitsu, tacts, hiding, stealth, parrying.
    Think all those numbers blazing up the screen added to around 100 damage / monster.
    Ok it was only earth ellies, but it does lots more damage than anything else I try