BUGGED UBW MAGE WEAPON BOWS

CorpseCorpse Posts: 10
edited December 2018 in PvP / VvV
If a SWORDS MAGE hybrid uses a Bow that has use best weapons AND -mage weapon  you can use the bow's specials WITHOUT archery trained up.    Is this an intended feature?

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited December 2018
    And you can even use a Mace or Ax wep if it has UBW on it too.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/magic-item-properties/

Use Best Weapon Skill  Substitutes the character’s trained weapon skill for that normally required for the weapon type. (melee weapons only)
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    LoL.  Do you not know how use best wep works?  It has only been around for 15 years.
  • amitamit Posts: 36
    Yeah they're very old bows that came with the ubws property on them. Just delete them or make them exploits like glacial white cloth.
    It was a rare item that only paired with -mage weps.  I don't think they go around deleting items that don't spawn anymore just because you don't like it.    I have multiple ubw mage bows just collecting dust.  
    I think the problem Corpse is addressing with these bows is that they work with having little to no archery and shouldn't work like that. They should be fixed is what he is saying.
  • amit said:
    I think the problem Corpse is addressing with these bows is that they work with having little to no archery and shouldn't work like that. They should be fixed is what he is saying.
    They work with having a wep skill, tactics, and magery. Quite a few things have to be used. That is also not taking into account how slow that person would swing such an item. If we're deleting rare items off the game because one person is making your pvp hard that is a slippery slope. 
    amit said:
    Another person who does not know how use best wep and mage weps works commenting.  That is not very productive.
    r33per said:
    amit said:
    They work with having a wep skill, tactics, and magery. Quite a few things have to be used. That is also not taking into account how slow that person would swing such an item. If we're deleting rare items off the game because one person is making your pvp hard that is a slippery slope. 
    Ok so make them craftable and u can keep ur rare pixels? :D
    Can you make the apron "Butcher of Jhelom" craftable too?  I think it is unfair that someone has that rare that makes their suits really easy to build.  Just using amit's logic here.
  • CorpseCorpse Posts: 10
    Use Best Weapon Skill N/A Weapons (I)(R)(L) N/A Substitutes the character’s trained weapon skill for that normally required for the weapon type. (melee weapons only)
    Mage Weapon -29 – -20 (I)-29 – -15 (R)(L) Weapons (I)(R)(L) N/A Allows magery skill to substitute for the normal combat skill of the weapon. Special moves cannot be used via this substitution. Magery skill is reduced while a mage weapon is equipped.

UBW skill is for (melee weapons only) 
  • whoever this corpse guy is must lose a lot to the only player in the game who uses this bow. 
    That website says that because the bows stopped spawning.  Hence they are rare.  
    That's a neat rare. @Bleak any comments ?
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Here is the key difference.  You have Archery and use a UBWS Macing weapon, can you toggle specials?  No, you can't.

You have an Swords and use an Archery UBWS weapon and you CAN toggle specials.  

• Lynk said:
    Here is the key difference.  You have Archery and use a UBWS Macing weapon, can you toggle specials?  No, you can't.

You have an Swords and use an Archery UBWS weapon and you CAN toggle specials.  

It's about the mage wep not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp. 
    These people claim to be pvpers and don't know what they are talking about.  lol
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Or try to make you think they have played UO forever.  Runs back to my Castle to admire all my old UBW/Mage Bows
    Bilbo said:
    Or try to make you think they have played UO forever.  Runs back to my Castle to admire all my old UBW/Mage Bows
    Sell them while they are HOT HOT HOT!
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited December 2018
    they didnt work 2 years ago when i sold the last of mine.  believe me, if they did i would have known because theyd be worth billion or more rather than the about 10m a piece i sold them for.

lots of bugs in UO, always possibility a publish could have changed them to working again but they didnt work for a very long time.
    Smoot said:
    they didnt work 2 years ago when i sold the last of mine.  believe me, if they did i would have known because theyd be worth billion or more rather than the about 10m a piece i sold them for.

lots of bugs in UO, always possibility a publish could have changed them to working again but they didnt work for a very long time.
    Dunno.  Whenever I have tried using mine in builds it has worked.
  • Smoot said:

It has literally never not worked its a mage wep. 
  • Yeah this is definitely broken.  People that are using are purposely taking advantage of a exploit and have no idea how UO mechanics work.  They were fixed long ago and that's when they stopped spawning cause it couldn't be done without having the archery skill to do specials.  Funny how some people fight to keep exploits in the game to favor their lack of talent.  
    Your troll posts are bad. Or you are not informed at all.  Either way, shouldn't be commenting.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    This is a bug, @corpse is correct, UBWS is only supposed to work for melee weapons. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    This is a bug, @ corpse is correct, UBWS is only supposed to work for melee weapons. 
    Well this deals with UBWS and mage wep.  So, you also don't know what you are talking about or don't understand why it works.
    edited January 2019
    Mage weapon does not allow you to perform specials. E.G say you had tactics and no weapon skill but had magery, you cannot perform specials with a mage weap.

or if you had magery, swords and tactics and used a mage weap mace, you would not be able to perform specials.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Mervyn said:
    Mage weapon does not allow you to perform specials. E.G say you had tactics and no weapon skill but had magery, you cannot perform specials with a mage weap.

or if you had magery, swords and tactics and used a mage weap mace, you would not be able to perform specials.
    They are used in conjunction.
    edited January 2019
    Here is proof that mage weapon does not allow you to use a special attack even though i have both magery and a weapon skill and tactics. The UBWS property would allow me to do this, however UBWS should not work on bows, it is a bug that it works on bows that are mage weapon.

*in the interest of openness, I wrote that wiki entry however is still true. 

This discussion has been closed.