Enhancing Woodland Armor

Around 6 months ago I enhanced a legendary woodland gorget with 3 hit point regen using a forged tool or artifacts. The gorget was enhanced with yew and the gorget went from 3 hit point regen to 4 hit point regen.
This evening I did the same thing to a tunic but instead of going from 3 hit point regen it went down to one. I tested it on  low magic woodland gloves that had 2 hit point regen and using yew wood, it went down to one hit point regen after enhancing.
This has to be fixed quickly before players ruin more armor and a fix should be made to correct the damage.
This is the piece that went from 3 hpr to one hpr. As you can see, it is a very rare piece or at least it was. I hope they can fix it. Thanks Allen for the pic

666.png 157.3K

Comments

• I made a piece and tried it again. The one piece if before enhancing and as you can see it has 2 hpr. The next pic is after I enhanced with yew. As you can see, the hpr went down to one. Am I wrong in that enhancing adds properties? For example, enhancing a shield with 150 luck with gold won't bring it down to 40. It will add 40 and bring it to 190.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited December 2018
    This is working as intended, hit point regent will not stack from enhancing. I suggest you were mistaken when you thought 6 months ago you enhanced a piece from 3hpr to 4hpr. 

Apologies for the game’s needless complexity. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Sorry it is not complex, it just does not make sense. When you enhance you increase the ability or stat by the given amount. When I enhance metal with gold, it will give it 40 luck if there was not luck on it and increase it by 40 if there is luck on it. If I enhance with spined, it raises physical resist by 9. For every other enhancing property it stacks but this one?
    I would suggest a footnote on the site explaining this does not stack then. As you can see, that piece of armor is rare and cannot be replaced. The first line on the material bonuses site says it adds to the base property. My base property was 3 so it should have added one or am I not reading it correct. Regardless, I suppose the piece is ruined and nothing to be done now about that.
  • Well that would be my next question. Is there any way to revert the changes to that piece? I would hate to leave UO but after this and the unnecessary changes to the equip macro, it just seems like one disappointment after another.
    There is no way to reverse/remove an enhancement sorry.

A footnote exists on uoguide but not the official wiki, @Mariah

(worth noting that life leech also does not stack) 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    there is a footnote at the bottom of the material bonus page suggesting things dont stack

Warning Enhancing for life leech/hit point regeneration properties will overwrite, not add to, any pre-existing property on the item.
    Yes, added 11th February 2019...
    as if by magic