Thought you had to of done trade routes to get a reward?

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
The UO wiki states:

Accredited traders, with at least 3 trade runs between Krampus’s appearance will receive a reward for defeating him, those with less journeys will have a reduced chance of receiving such. Moongate shortcuts are frowned upon and do not contribute to the summoning of Krampus.

So Ok done six Krampus, and a gazillion trade routes to make him spawn.  The last three spawned on my char as I was the only one running em at the time and the only one who got the msg as you only get it if you have a box on you.

So far for all that effort I have got a flipping branch and some coin purses containing 1k flipping gold and less gems than a greater dragon.

On the one we just finished, having called it out in GC so could get some help with it as it is a tad difficult to solo, a bunch of people rocked up (about 6) one of whom got a whip and another a recipe for santa hat, neither of them had done a single trade route, in fact they didnt even know what they were.

Another there said their char got a whip and hadn't done a single trade route either.

It seems the more trade routes you do the less chance you have.  NOT HAPPY.

So what is the greater chance of getting a decent reward other than crap, above someone who has done absolutely NOTHING to generate the spawn ...   .000001 better chance ?

I mean the way the wiki reads " Accredited traders, with at least 3 trade runs between Krampus’s appearance will receive a reward......." Makes it sound like will only get a reward if you have done at least one run to be eligible.

It should state wait til someone else does all the runs then just jump in on the boss to claim your reward or is it not working as intended?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    edited December 2018
    Anyone can get a reward, regardless of having run trade orders or not. You have a low chance if you have done no orders, gaining slightly higher chances with 1 and 2 trade orders run. When you complete 3 non-moongate trade orders, you will get a guaranteed drop from Krampus.

You got a Branch and the Coin Purses, so you are getting your drops. The empty Coin Purses are annoying and disappointing, but they still count as a drop (wish they would change it so they can't be empty).

The people that helped you kill it got lucky by getting drops and having done no trade orders. I've done about 5 Krampus kills without doing a trade order (due to just logging in when he was up, or someone needing help) and have received no drop from any of those kills. So the luck swings both ways.

What is considered a better drop than others is subjective. It sounds like you want the whip or the crafting recipe. I know people that complain when they get the whip and only want the titles. Different people will want different things. None of it is character or account bound, so there is sure to be plenty of it for sale as the event progresses. The only thing that you would need to get yourself is the Punishin' list, as that has your character name on it.

The patch notes are a little more clear on the requirements to get a drop:

"Defeating Krampus will give a chance to all top attackers to acquire one of several rewards based on the number of trade orders they have completed since the last time they killed Krampus.  Completing zero trade orders will give a very low chance of a reward, while completing 3 or more will guarantee a reward,"
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• I have done 10 Krampus. I have received 3 rewards. I did at least 3 runs before every encounter. 7 encounters with no reward even though I did the trade runs. Something is broken for sure.
    ICQ 568300481
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    I have done 10 Krampus. I have received 3 rewards. I did at least 3 runs before every encounter. 7 encounters with no reward even though I did the trade runs. Something is broken for sure.
    I have probably close to 50 Krampus kills since the event was released to Baja. I have always received a drop if I completed 3 trade orders before he spawns. It is definitely working as intended. You are either using moongates to complete your orders, not getting looting rights, or you are not seeing the reward in your pack. The Coin Purse with only gold/gems in it does count as a reward unfortunately.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• how about canceling trade runs? does that have any negative effect on your drop chance like the moongate runs do?
  • Does it reset after each krampus?
    ICQ 568300481
  • Only if you fight him.
  • So how many Krampus' or trade runs must you do to get a recipe?  Those things are scarce!

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    MissE said:
    The UO wiki states:

Accredited traders, with at least 3 trade runs between Krampus’s appearance will receive a reward for defeating him, those with less journeys will have a reduced chance of receiving such. Moongate shortcuts are frowned upon and do not contribute to the summoning of Krampus.

So Ok done six Krampus, and a gazillion trade routes to make him spawn.  The last three spawned on my char as I was the only one running em at the time and the only one who got the msg as you only get it if you have a box on you.

So far for all that effort I have got a flipping branch and some coin purses containing 1k flipping gold and less gems than a greater dragon.

On the one we just finished, having called it out in GC so could get some help with it as it is a tad difficult to solo, a bunch of people rocked up (about 6) one of whom got a whip and another a recipe for santa hat, neither of them had done a single trade route, in fact they didnt even know what they were.

Another there said their char got a whip and hadn't done a single trade route either.

It seems the more trade routes you do the less chance you have.  NOT HAPPY.

@ Kyronix 
    So what is the greater chance of getting a decent reward other than crap, above someone who has done absolutely NOTHING to generate the spawn ...   .000001 better chance ?

I mean the way the wiki reads " Accredited traders, with at least 3 trade runs between Krampus’s appearance will receive a reward......." Makes it sound like will only get a reward if you have done at least one run to be eligible.

It should state wait til someone else does all the runs then just jump in on the boss to claim your reward or is it not working as intended?

You can fight him without doing any trade runs, you just won’t have a very good chance of getting a reward.  If you do 3, you guarantee that chance.

What isn’t “crap” to you?  The way I’m reading it your expectation is that with fighting a single Krampus, in a limited time seasonal event, in a persistent world MMO you should get exactly the reward you place the highest value on - which I’m sorry to say isn’t possible.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    @Kyronix Crap is 1k and some gems, I can spend 2 mins killing a dragon for that.  In fact I get more loot off a dragon.

I don't like spending 4 hours running trade routes continuously and then another 15 mins killing a Krampus for less reward than killing ONE dragon in 1 minute.  That is the problem with this event.  I do not expect a great reward every time, but I think if  you put in the effort (like 4 solid hours of trade routes) you should not walk away with loot you could get off a dragon.  At a minimum the purse should ALWAYS contain at least one of the minor rewards, as it is containing NONE Is pretty abysmal. 

As the guy said above he has done 10 runs where all his toons had done their three trade routes and only got a coin purse on 3 of those and nothing on the other 7 so

"You can fight him without doing any trade runs, you just won’t have a very good chance of getting a reward.  If you do 3, you guarantee that chance."  <---------- it seems there is NO GUARANTEE.

As for people who have done zero runs picking up the whips and recipes then that also shouldn't happen.  But yeah I guess I will just do what other people are now doing, 3 routes only then sitting and waiting for krampus to spawn and take pot luck as there is no point in spending hours trying to boost the spawn for less loot than killing a dragon.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • The Coin purse itself is a drop.  It's a bag with a special name.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Kyronix said:

Can you stop the money bag with nothing but gems counting as a drop?

We are not getting enough whips.  Replace that with a whip since they will eventually wear out since you need to imbue them to make them usable.

Darn this was supposed to post a long time ago...

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    We have no plans to change the drop scheme for Krampus. 

From the notes, 

Defeating Krampus will give a chance to all top attackers to acquire one of several rewards based on the number of trade orders they have completed since the last time they killed Krampus.  Completing zero trade orders will give a very low chance of a reward, while completing 3 or more will guarantee a reward which includes, 

Whips, Clothing recipes, Reward Titles, and the Coin Purse.  There is a chance the coin purse can contain a trinket.

Beyond that Krampus has a base loot package on par with Khal Ankur.  As a matter of fact it's essentially the same, just carried over.  So there are opportunities for magic items as well.

Giving participants 0 chance of getting a Krampus reward if they don't run trade routes was not something we wanted to do if they participate in killing Krampus - which, as has been pointed out, is sometimes required for killing him.  Reducing the chance was a nice trade off, and was actually the result of player feedback sessions on TC1 during testing.  So thanks everyone who participated that day.  So far the results from Krampus are pretty encouraging. 

I'm sorry you don't feel the rewards are worth the effort @MissE - we do have a variety of content in Publish 103 that may be more suited to your tastes including the Artisan Festival, and if you are looking for guaranteed drops of your choosing you can check out the Holiday Gifts.  As always thanks for the feedback!

• Does cancelling a trade order reset the 3 you did by foot? Does using a moongate reset the 3 you did by foot?
    ICQ 568300481
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    edited December 2018
    Does cancelling a trade order reset the 3 you did by foot? Does using a moongate reset the 3 you did by foot?
    No to both.

Only thing that resets it is fighting Krampus.
  • TY!

ICQ 568300481
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    Kyronix said:
    We have no plans to change the drop scheme for Krampus. 

From the notes, 

Defeating Krampus will give a chance to all top attackers to acquire one of several rewards based on the number of trade orders they have completed since the last time they killed Krampus.  Completing zero trade orders will give a very low chance of a reward, while completing 3 or more will guarantee a reward which includes, 

Whips, Clothing recipes, Reward Titles, and the Coin Purse.  There is a chance the coin purse can contain a trinket.

Beyond that Krampus has a base loot package on par with Khal Ankur.  As a matter of fact it's essentially the same, just carried over.  So there are opportunities for magic items as well.

Giving participants 0 chance of getting a Krampus reward if they don't run trade routes was not something we wanted to do if they participate in killing Krampus - which, as has been pointed out, is sometimes required for killing him.  Reducing the chance was a nice trade off, and was actually the result of player feedback sessions on TC1 during testing.  So thanks everyone who participated that day.  So far the results from Krampus are pretty encouraging. 

I'm sorry you don't feel the rewards are worth the effort @ MissE - we do have a variety of content in Publish 103 that may be more suited to your tastes including the Artisan Festival, and if you are looking for guaranteed drops of your choosing you can check out the Holiday Gifts.  As always thanks for the feedback!

I feel like there's a middle ground solution here that completely ignored in the design process. A lot of the ill will regarding this would evaporate if plans for whips in the future were disclosed, and it was clear they'd be obtainable in the future.

You can't release an oft requested, gameplay impacting new weapon to use by a majority of the player base, and then make it a grind to obtain and clutter it with novelties a smaller portion of the playerbase actually wants.

If this had been a "Point" System reward, you'd clearly see the Whips are the big driver on this content rush, and their importance and rarity are directly adding to the ill will involved by some parties.

Part of me hopes they're eventually, after a time delay, just added to crafting as usual, or that recipes are added for them.

I semi-suspect recipes for them may be a UO Store item, which, IMO is a poor idea, but just the consolation the whips are not a one and done event reward like other things in the past, would probably help.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited December 2018
    I'd hope they become a craft-able item, with the recipe(s) obtainable via tinker bods, since tinkering is the skill used to repair them....

Possible bug:  The Whips aren't able to be enhanced, is this intended?
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Are people trying to enhance for the elemental damge?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2018
    Lost count of how many runs I did and the reward does not match up.

The process isn't fun or exciting either, I get sleepy doing every trade run.

Final verdict is, there is nothing interesting in this holiday event. There is much more fun to do other regular stuff.

Dev should look into creating events that we look forward to each year. Otherwise we may soon forget about the game, change the sub from regular 6 months to every quarter and then finally forgot about the game altogether. Having quit this game 3 times before, I am quite sure I won't come back 4th time.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited December 2018
    I'll admit I was sitting here feeling more than a little miffed that High Seas won't be addressed until at least March of next year, only to see Bleak bring out a discussion today about parry mages ??? Of all the things to openly discuss, that's what's important right now ? I have a feeling I may have a castle full of stuff to give away after the new year.

Also take note that I've voiced my displeasure regarding the parry discussion, here, instead of directly in that thread. I don't have anything to offer to the discussion there, so I'm not muddying the waters there.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    After the fiasco that will be created when they change PvP.  He will gladly do something a lot easier.