December News Letter

https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/ultima-online-december-newsletter

Great new things coming.  They are in the design stage. Now is the time to ask for what we want.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix @Misk ;

Love the new things that are coming.  Get those minions to coding.

I just have one request.  Can the water wheel be various sizes Please!!!!!

Thank you for the events so far this season.  They have all been fun.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,120Dev
    Size of the water wheel is locked in at this point - but it's pretty modest in size for being a water wheel.  Plenty of other house add-ons on the horizon though!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
     :) B)   Awesome. 
  • Can't wait to see the Vet rewards! 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    See you on the High Seas, 

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
    Producer

I so hope this was a silent nod to me...I guess I can wait until March, but if I do, and it gets pushed back even further.....
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    I saw that.  Keep giving them ideas.  I know nothing about the quests.  Need more than just easy load cannons.

I took a Trade route from Minoc to Jhelom. I went past Trinsic and put my ship in the water and thought I would see Jhelom soon.  I ended up back in Minoc...
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    edited December 2018
    That's because with the way the map functions at the edges, Sosaria looks like this:

*wanders off to find a Jupiter-sized cup of coffee*
  • psychopsycho Posts: 290
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the newsletter, I enjoy reading them!

I do understand the development goals for 2019, but can we also have marketing goals for 2019? The biggest elephant in the room is new/more players. ATL is well packed, but the other shards are important aswell. So I suggest working with the community on some marketting goals for 2019. (great to see facebook/twitter/youtube been posted a few times past months!)But we also need other means of marketting, and keep the ones that start in new heaven.
    On my shard you can place a 18x18 in trammel, malas, or feluca, even a Keep some places ;)

The new vendor that charges a commission instead of time based fee is really great news for all shards .  Vendor search only works if there are actually items for sale  :D
    This change encourages that! Another idea I have is to make the merchants trinket from UOstore rechargeable or extend the amount of days they work.

See you on the high seas :D

• AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Quality of life: I'd like bigger font for the Runic Atlas. Can't read a thing lol
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    Aayla said:
    Quality of life: I'd like bigger font for the Runic Atlas. Can't read a thing lol

Bigger font for the coordinates displayed in the EC map as well.  It is like a 2 point font.

• It's nicee to be able to drop bods in a book on the floor.  Now, if only, after each one, we didn't have to stop and right click to close the danged pages.   :/
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    I saw that.  Keep giving them ideas.  I know nothing about the quests.  Need more than just easy load cannons.

I took a Trade route from Minoc to Jhelom. I went past Trinsic and put my ship in the water and thought I would see Jhelom soon.  I ended up back in Minoc...
    Haha, wrong ocean.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • It's nicee to be able to drop bods in a book on the floor.  Now, if only, after each one, we didn't have to stop and right click to close the danged pages.   :/

You can still drop more bods in an "open" bod book.

• @Kyronix @Mesanna  As we open up the New Year and you are making your closing statements and summaries and leading us into the things coming up in the new year, can we get a definitive yes or no on whether you are gonna lower the bod point requirements for the artisan festival next year, to make life a bit easier on the dwindling numbers of us participating?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

• I hope that high seas comment means one of the QoL fixes revolves around finally revamping High Seas crafting and rewards. Cal used to talk about that all the way back when he was still the boss. In fact I kinda wish they had just put the fiddly cannon junk on an unlimited vendor for 3gp each like six years ago.