The new house building tiles... do you like them, use them, understand them?

I've seen some amazing things done with these new stone-crafter made walls and floor tiles.  (Not to mention the tinkered doors).  Granted, I gave a big bag full of parts to a friend and he made a right mess of his keep... I've been learning, testing, experimenting.  I could never say I'm a master of them just yet.  Goodness knows classic keeps and castles are missing a LOT of doors.

Never mind other designs.  Back in the "bad old days", you couldn't very well replace a Small Marble Shop with a Small Stone Tower to provide protection from magical monsters.  Perhaps you could have added walls without moving.  (Not to mention trying to find a small house on Atlantic 15 years ago was almost impossible without lots of gold.  When gold was worth money.)

I've seen some really outrageously nice work with these new walls, stairs, and floors.

Some times its a REAL shame when the house is private... or locked doors.

So, I'm asking the fellow players who actually PLAY if they use, enjoy, or hate them.

Frankly, I'd like to see more options!  Some carpenter built wood walls and doors for example.  Maybe floors.  In a friend's keep, I had the idea to build a look-out tower.  Small!  So, wood would look so much better then stone in that case.  Again, I'm still learning.
  1. SO! Do you like them?8 votes
    1. I like them but havnt mastered them.
        0.00%
    2. I like them and have mastered them.
      50.00%
    3. I have no clue.
      25.00%
    4. I dont use them.
      12.50%
    5. I totally hate them.
      12.50%
    6. I dont really play, just hang around and comment on everything.
        0.00%

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There's a Homes and Castles section that this would have fit nicely in.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I actually play, and have never once used them. Too complicated and time consuming. I do however enjoy seeing what others create with them!
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I've enjoyed building onto a few keeps and a couple of castles. I think they have given us the design contest to fill this need as too many tiles in one spot, be they customizing tiles or crafted house tiles tend to bog down the servers. If they gave us more craftables it would put us in the same boat of lag. I should have taken screen shots as I made some nice additions. :D
  • I love my castle, I have spent a ton of time building it.. But I can hardly move in it, I wish they would have been able to do it less laggy