Request for Lockpicking Belt for Rogues

Since everything has some way to reduce the weight of it now, how about a belt for lockpicks please.

Makes no sense that a lockpick weighs what they do, compared to everything else, hell you could even make a quest for it, that rogues would be able to do.

Comments

• DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    Why don't you use a skeleton key?  They weight a lot less.
  • They can be insured and you can combine them up to 100 charges and they still only weigh 1 stone.
  • HomerHomer Posts: 32
    edited November 2018

I'm not paying the insane prices I see them going for, when normal lockpicks work good enough for me, on stuff i spend most of my time on, which is dungeon crates and chests. I would lose gold instead of making it.

Skeleton keys are good for certain things, but not normal chests/crates.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    This may ease your weight problem:
    http://www.uoguide.com/Smuggler%27s_Tool_Box
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Agree with a belt.  How about with a 10 to 1 reduction in weight similar to what you get with reagents.

• No need for this. 

Skeleton keys and the Smuggler's Toolbox have you covered. (both are insurable)
    No need for this. 

Skeleton keys and the Smuggler's Toolbox have you covered. (both are insurable)

Actually there is a need,  those two items  can only be gotten from others players or a store bought item, both  with whose prices are inflated.

Did we really need  satchels for ore and wood and a belt for bandages? No we didnt.

If  you dont see where I'm going with this, let me explain it for you.

Those people get to do a quest  and have a item without paying other people insane prices and it's permanent where as the two you are talking about are not. So because i play a rogue, you want to  me to continue pay insane prices while other people dont.

I dont care about if its insured, the weight of picks is way out  of line compared to everything else, when i go out i carry 200, so thats 200 stones of the 460 stones i can hold, and I have carry cure pots, and etc so i go  out basically almost  with no room to carry nothing back.

I don't get why everyone shoots down anything having to with a rogue, and by this i mean pure old school style, some people like playing them.

It's bad enough the devs dont do jack about bugs related to our skills or add stuff for us to do thats worthwhile and has longevity.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Why do you have to get a smuggler’s toolbox from another player?

also, I have picked up a ton of skeleton keys for free, people rarely insure them so I regularly loot them. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• We shoot things down when the need is adequately served by already existing items.

Skeleton keys can be frequently acquired through treasure maps. Lots of mobs drop maps. You could have a 100 charge key in an hour or two.

The toolboxes are admittedly a bit more annoying to get, but I've seen them as low as 25K. They're insurable and last forever. (~9 lock picks per charge and it auto recharges)

If the weight of lockpicks is your main concern, lobby for them to be made a fractional weight when stacked. I'd wager that most people would support that.

Mervyn said:
    Why do you have to get a smuggler’s toolbox from another player?

also, I have picked up a ton of skeleton keys for free, people rarely insure them so I regularly loot them. 

How else would i get them if i only play  a rogue, i don't really play anything else and i dont like too either, fel side on my shard is dead when i play, so  no chance of even trying to loot someones corpse or stealing one.

We shoot things down when the need is adequately served by already existing items.

Skeleton keys can be frequently acquired through treasure maps. Lots of mobs drop maps. You could have a 100 charge key in an hour or two.

The toolboxes are admittedly a bit more annoying to get, but I've seen them as low as 25K. They're insurable and last forever. (~9 lock picks per charge and it auto recharges)

If the weight of lockpicks is your main concern, lobby for them to be made a fractional weight when stacked. I'd wager that most people would support that.

Skeleton keys are not obtainable without me forking over gold to another player that charges insane prices, since i dont really do tmaps anymore since  the random location spots broke my rune library.

Toolbox charges wouldnt last me a hour, with way the picks break, 7 on 1 chest sometimes, and  thats with gm lockpicking.

I would be happy with a weight change, was not aware they could fo fractional weights on items like that besides regs.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Let's not forget that the smuggler's toolbox gives only 5 to 12 lock picks per charge and it takes 24 hours to recharge just one charge.  I go through that number of lock picks in less than an hour of playing in Khaldun when in thief form.  The toolbox is not for serious picking of locks.