Wish List Funtion, In-Game. "In Home Search"

Goodness knows I totally love the newer "vendor search" system... even if it doesnt tend to work 100% of the time.  (Meaning, I can look right at something on a vendor and search that same item and get zero results.)  What is perfection?  :-)

One thing I'd love to see added to this feature is the ability to target an item and look for the exact same on other vendors.  Granted, this would only work in town or at houses you own or are friended/co-owner.  Still, not a big hairy deal.

How about finding things inside our homes?  B)  For me... I try to keep a fair order the best I can... however I own 7 houses and manage 2 large homes for a friend.  I can NEVER find "little" things when it matters most.  Like, for my main house... everything used in crafts is inside 3 containers in easy reach of just 1 chair... where my crafter's sit.  However, seeing something 1x a week ago?  Its like I can never find it again and yet I know it exists.  That would be the dream new feature!  "Search a home"!  Granted again, you own or are friended/co-owner... and maybe restrict that to containers you have access to.  Search: Bait.  "No results are found" I can easily live with.  Perhaps it was a different house I saw it... last week.

Goodness knows, trying to help a friend put order in a KEEP... I found he sometimes had a dozen little piles of recall scrolls... and first thing I did was put everything that stacks in 1 container... so you wouldnt get a dozen results.  BUT, you could... if you are that disordered.

Just saying.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Yes, Click on the house sign and have a search function under the storage options.
  • A second function, that would work wonderful under the sign?

"Shake the house"... and make sure everything not locked down is kicked out.  hehe

When you do extensive decorating... this is EASY, when you go in to custom mode... OR draw walls where all the storage is, so it ALL goes in to the moving crate so you can more easily move it.  However, this function is totally impossible for keeps, castles, and classic designs... OR houses full of rental vendors.  A simple "Shake" option would insure nothing is left to degrade by accident.

Frankly, a trick I learned over the years.  Lock something down, THEN secure it... if it has that option.  And ALWAYS try and pull the item off after you lock  it down... if you accidently targeted something else when locking the item down.  It happens!

Goodness knows I've been playing with custom house design since the day it came out.  I'm still learning new tricks.  Not like its something you can do every day.  Cleaning house, redecorating, totally re-organizing?  It would also be handy to have a "bag the house" option for everything inside it... BUT goodness knows I wouldnt want to click that by accident.  hehe

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    House search has been asked for many times at Meet & Greets, they said it isn't possible.
    Alerts for items not locked down when you leave the house have been available on those 'other' UO-type games for years. I guess that isn't possible here either.
  • Whats the difference between "vendors" and "containers" when it comes to search?

If its not possible... its not possible.  Still, consider all the things added to UO since it was founded and all those things people thought impossible when the game didnt even have Tram.  :-)  Custom housing, decorations... considering many things couldn't be locked down or "safe" just piled up inside a house with keyed doors, plants, all the new pets... the list would be endless.

Just saying.

Seeing there is a GRAND difference between "possible" and "impossible", if suddenly the staff chose to make it happen?  It would happen.