Will the auto open new corpses feature be added the EC as well?

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

This feature looks really cool :) Will the auto open new corpses feature be added the EC as well?
Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I"m having a hard time figuring out how this made it on the list of things that need changed.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Use CC. Problem solved
  • I'll pass on the auto open corpses so leave EC alone.  Thanks
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I thought this was an optional feature that you can switch off if you don’t like it no?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited November 2018
    feature currently isnt that great anyway.  only good for melee.  ranged weapons and spellcasters it doesnt work. 

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited November 2018
    Mervyn said:
    I thought this was an optional feature that you can switch off if you don’t like it no?
    This feature is not implemented in the EC at all, so there is no switch to turn it on or off.

Any news whether "auto open new corpses" also gets added to the EC? @Kyronix @Bleak

• It's pretty frustrating to come to the official forums with a simple question and just get ignored.

Maybe it's really time to call it quits when those people living from our money are not even anwering simple questions on their own forums.

So frustrating to have no customer support at all :(
    I don’t think the forums are supposed to be an all day meet and greet. Maybe ask your question at the meet and greet and hope you don’t get booted mid question and humiliated in front of your fellow shard population. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited November 2018
    Mervyn said:
    I don’t think the forums are supposed to be an all day meet and greet. Maybe ask your question at the meet and greet and hope you don’t get booted mid question and humiliated in front of your fellow shard population. 
    I agree, but it's a full week since I asked that pretty simple and legitimate question.

I can rarely attend meet and greets due to my timezone. Is this single hour once a year per shard really the only customer support provided?

Still highly frustrated how it's impossible to get an answer here.

Anyway, question still stands: 

Will the auto open new corpses feature be added to the EC as well?

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    simple questions don't always have simple answers - or even an answer at all sometimes.
    I'd say if they can't get it to work properly in cc, probably not.  
    I can't say I fancy it anyway. Corpses opening all over your screen while you're trying to see what is attacking you?  Not for me, thanks.  I find ctrl/shift together with the auto-ignore those I've already opened works fine for me on corpses.
    edited November 2018
    simple questions don't always have simple answers - or even an answer at all sometimes.
    I can't say I fancy it anyway. Corpses opening all over your screen while you're trying to see what is attacking you?  Not for me, thanks.  I find ctrl/shift together with the auto-ignore those I've already opened works fine for me on corpses.
    Every answer is better than no answer. I don't understand what is so hard to give a short reply, either be it "Yes", "No" or "We can't tell at the moment". But getting ignored on purpose... idk... makes you feel dumb for even paying for their game.

Better off calling it quits..

Thanks for nothing @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna
    I imagine it’s possible to introduce it by a player in an EC UI. 

Also, they do meet and greets every month in different time zones, just create a char on whatever shard they are on. 

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I thought the EC could be set up to open and auto loot corpses
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    JollyJade said:
    Every answer is better than no answer. I don't understand what is so hard to give a short reply, either be it "Yes", "No" or "We can't tell at the moment". But getting ignored on purpose... idk... makes you feel dumb for even paying for their game.

Better off calling it quits..

Thanks for nothing @ Bleak @ Kyronix @ Mesanna
    I am thinking maybe you can send directly via email, but then I agree the best way to discuss this feature is in the forum.

A little side-track regarding the slow response, that is the reason why we need to be careful of what we asked. They have so few of them now (last I heard active is 5 in the Dev team), and they need to manage the new publish timeline. Perhaps they have a long list of To Do.

With such a small population, I hope they can have "feature vote" in-game (since not every player come to this forum everyday), so that they can focus on issues and improvements that more people really wanted. Rather than depending on the few who has the time to write long essays and forum post, dictate what and how to change. Quit the talk, just vote up features. Everytime we encounter an in-game issue, type the issue and either show up a list of outstanding issues (which I will enter "I have the same issue") or create a new one.

In this case of auto-open corpse, it can go into that system as well.

Cut down the reading and talking.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2018
    Bilbo said:
    I thought the EC could be set up to open and auto loot corpses
    No, it can loot an open corpse but not those you didn't open yet.
    Mervyn said:
    I imagine it’s possible to introduce it by a player in an EC UI. 
    No, unfortunately it's not.

But I guess I will rather die of old age before receiving an answer on the official game forums lol. Thank you @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak
    Will the auto open new corpses feature be added to the EC as well? 

*bump*
    edited March 2019
    I was still wondering..

Will the auto open new corpse feature be added to the EC as well? @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna @Mesanna1

[ ] Yes
    [ ] No

?
    You need to ask Misk

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Maybe we should ask Pinco to do it?  :p
    edited March 2019
    jaytin said:
    Maybe we should ask Pinco to do it?  :p
    From what i been told this is nothing you can do with just an UI.. anyway.. just using the default UI here..
    Needs devs to add it but for the moment I'm just looking for some information at all (Yes/No???)
    As by Mervyns suggestion: @Misk @Misk1
    Ok, I have seen other had more luck in getting a response by using all caps..

DEAR @Kyronix

I HAVE A QUESTION THAT NOBODY SO FAR COULD ANSWER ME.

WILL THE AUTO OPEN NEW CORPSE FEATURE BE ADDED TO THE EC AS WELL?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,
    A PLAYER

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    It says this in the newsletter : 

5.  Will the auto open corpses feature be added to the EC?

We have a number of EC performance and utility improvements scheduled over the next several publishes, and can add this feature to the list we'd like to implement.

No idea why they couldn't just say that here...although it's still pretty vague anyway.
    edited April 2019
    jaytin said:
    No idea why they couldn't just say that here...although it's still pretty vague anyway.
    Same here *shrugs* Maybe they don't want me to know *tinfoil hat* :D

For reference, here is the newsletter where it gets answered: https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/ultima-online-newsletter-35?e=7b73a4e28e

Seems you just have to be persistent to get an anwser. Or maybe ALL CAPS did the trick? :D Thank you @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna @Mesanna1

edited November 2019
    @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix any news on this? I would really love to believe it was more than a lipservice half a year ago.

Not sure what scope "next several publishes" includes, but so far it seems nothing has changed.