A Public Service Announcement - Shopping at Vendor Malls

Frankly, I totally hate the ability to shop off a house sign.  This new "vender search", you just have to be in range of that vendor.  However, for those of us that mark house runes, spend time dying them so they dont look like they are just random, nothing is more frustrating them watching some goober standing on the house recall spot as if no on else is playing.

Recall to a house with vendors?  MOVE!!!  That simple.

End of public service announcement.  :-)

Goodness knows I've put extra vendors around the house sign begging people to move... and they just ignore them.  I've been doing this countless times... recall to a house, move, shop.  Even if the vendor I want is at the sign.  MOVE!!!!  That simple.

Granted, if I love a shop and plan to come back... I remark the rune a few spaces closer to the door or vendor... so its not blocked or blocking any one.

Perhaps this is a long forgotten programmer issue?  House runes being one of the better ideas of staff years past.. it should be defaulted that the next person inbound is placed like a soap-bubble and next to the person blocking that rune.  I used to mark runes all along the front of the mall... but those runes can be vandalized.  So, I more or less just go with the house type.  Just wish they had a pretty color again.  Tram used to be blaze!  Was wonderful.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mark runes at different spots?  I make rune books.  I always mark each location at different spots in case 2 decide to use it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The practice of attracting trade to your vendors by dropping runes is all but obsolete. You don’t have to be in range of a vendor for vendor search to work. The customers will search for an item and come to your shop, the vendor search’s recall spot cannot be blocked. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Its a foolish assumption claiming dropping runes is "obsolete"!  I hate to say.

I drop around 100 per day, on average... could be 20 at a time... could be 100 in 1 throw.  I see a serge of visitors depending on how many I drop per throw.  Considering I work out of my home, that is in front of the mall, PLUS come and go on mall business?  I see this issue constantly.  Some people move when asked.  I thank them.  Its a lack of thinking people do.

Atlantic must be the most active shard of the non-Japanese.  Around a dozen vendor or mall owners drop per day.  Granted, one is so clearly a scripter... dropping runes behind buildings where no one can see in Luna.  :-)  Guess they dont worry about third party programs any more.  I even saw a gold seller dropping books... as he would do 50x a day, more then 7 years ago.

Face it, Mervyn... my friend... dropping runes is still part of doing business if you want traffic.  When you do a vendor search, you are looking for 1 special thing.  When you check out a mall, you can find all kinds of stuff you didnt know you were interested in.  hehe.  Just like shopping in real life.  You could go wonderful eBay or evil Walmart.  I dont think we could exist without going up and down isles in real life.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
  • I'm not moving. Someone else might show up and buy what I'm considering ;)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Dangerous attitude.  If someone wants to ignore a present request to move... I'll ban them.  Then your whole account cant shop.

Granted... the banning may be a week?  Maybe forever.  Who's to say.  Dont go poking at pixies!  :-)

• Dangerous attitude.  If someone wants to ignore a present request to move... I'll ban them.  Then your whole account cant shop.

Granted... the banning may be a week?  Maybe forever.  Who's to say.  Dont go poking at pixies!  :-)
    Kind of a dangerous attitude to have as a seller, banning paying customers. 

I have 3 accounts ;)

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • The ban list is endless.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    shard and location
    postpics