Thanks for the first aid belt! Step in the right direction to help Non Sampire Warriors.

Has any more thought been given to something along these lines?
Healing  & Anatomy at 90 real gives 5 mana less for specials (cap stays at 10 less)

Thanks

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Completely agree with the sentiment.

I'd like to see Healing buffed somehow, to make healing warriors more competitive.
  • What a great item this turned out to be considering how often I and my pet dies. This nicely resolved a rather peevish difficulty. Aye, Thanks!
  • Didn't need a first aid belt for many many years.  Used to be where we went tot spawn or wherever, we would set out a few stacks of 10 bandies here and there.  Now tho, some arse seems to show up 2/3 the time and pick them all up :/
  • Ayup, still do that too with any that can be looted off the monsters.
  • Healing works great as is. Stand next to your buddy and heal them instead of yourself, and have them heal you. I promise, two cross-healing dexxers are scary immune to damage. 
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I find bandage summoning talismans (I use a nearby minion on Siege) to be the best option. They are basically insurable/Siege-Blessable emergency bandages. No need to leave stacks around for others to 1) know you are/were there 2) swipe them.

Unfortunately, the belt cannot be siege-blessed on my shard (yes, it is technically a container but so are quivers and ninja belts), which effectively renders it unusable since it is a limited-time event drop and therefor cannot be replaced. I did not expect it to be blessed, but I was very disappointed that it is essentially unusable. So... talismans still for me.
  • Blargety said:
    Healing works great as is. Stand next to your buddy and heal them instead of yourself, and have them heal you. I promise, two cross-healing dexxers are scary immune to damage. 
    I don’t clan.  I’m a lone wolf.  Just as relative as two cross healing dexxers.

Def be nice to be more on par with the cookie-cutter sampire.

@everyone
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • Is it just me (the way my macro is set) ?

My 1st aid belt doesn’t work when the container is closed. They work somewhat like an archer’s quiver but quiver aren’t required to stay open for functionality. Every time I try to heal & the 1st aid belt isn’t left open I get a message that says I can’t use bandages. 

It’s annoying/frustrating when I hit the wrong key & close the belt by accident then die cause I can’t heal or get a res then run off for my corpse only to die again b/c I forgot to open the darn thing.

Can we get this changed if it’s a requirement as quivers certainly don’t require it ? If it’s just me, can someone please suggest the correct macro to set?

Other than this, I absolutely love them !
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    On classic client, i too need to open it upon login or post death, however i can close it immediately and the macro will continue to work. My bandage macro is made on uoassist.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mervyn said:
    On classic client, i too need to open it upon login or post death, however i can close it immediately and the macro will continue to work. My bandage macro is made on uoassist.

Same without UO assist. Except I have never tried closing mine.  But I'm glad we can use it w/o equipping it.

If opening bothers me enough I will take out 50 bandages and keep in backpack.  Glad bandages in there are not stolen.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Ok, made the macro in UOA & it works fine even w/ the bandage container closed. Apparently it has problems if set in the CC through UO only.

I must have died 30 times b/c of not working as a UO macro. Should of made the macro in UOA after then 3rd time. Silly to expect it to actually work as a UO macro alone. My bad.