Castle Designing

I am going to remodel my castle and I am looking for a good website to learn how to work with the tiles. Can someone give me one please? Thank you in advance ;)

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Don't know of a web site but be warned there are a couple of what I consider issues with the tiles.
    1. Even after you lock them down mouse over messages come up. You learn to leave cursor outside castle
    2. Double clicking them even by accident unlocks them. Learn to be carful were you click.
    Don't get me wrong if they could fix just those  two issues I would like to see them change all house building over to that style. But as it is I'm looking a the results of the Castle Keep contests  and as soon as I see on I like I'll probably switch then add on a minimum amount of tiles.

Let us know how it turns out and were to see it.
  • Thank you for the information. I will keep that in mind. My main issue is how to set them up over the open area of the castle on the 2nd & 3rd floors. Adding the tiles out over those sections are giving me anxiety! LOL Help!!! I am using the goza and tile trick to raise it but I can't seem to get it to the right height to start the floor. LOL

• TimTim Posts: 790
    edited November 2018
    From my experience you don’t need the goza just lock the tile down and raise. Getting the right high is more trial and error, for an exact number stand on it and use a sextant. I think it’s the last number is the height.  It’s a long way from the ground floor to the roof so if you’re using EC make a repeating macro. I’m not home at the moment but if you want I can post the steps in a day or two.

Be carful with multi square items like a cannon or banner, if one of the underlying tiles is moved or becomes unlocked you can lose the item. Half a canon is ugly and expensive to replace :'(  

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited November 2018

Not sure if this is the info you are after, I have made you a step by step, if not it maybe useful for someone else :) I had to do this on a Keep as I don't have a 'normal' castle any more since converting mine.

Method 1:  is to place blocks then your floor tile then raise it. This is really only great for when you are going up one level as shown here, on places you can access easily via ground etc. No point in locking the blocks down as you are going to move them anyways.

This next method is great for doing castles as you do it from the roof and don't have to worry about those hard to get at spots on the western edges etc that other 'how to's' have you running outside to place things then running inside to lock them or having to use circle of trans and locking stuff on western edge then raising it up a gazillion times for two levels.  This one makes it super easy and once you get the hang the hang of it it is pretty quick.

Method 2:  Roof Ladder Goza Method

Hope that helps you. If you need any more explanation just ask, it was a bit hard to 'show' with pics lol.

Cheers MissE

PS thanks to Juggz for showing me originally on method 2.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Yes this is perfect and exactly what I needed help with! Thank you, Thank you!! ;)

• MissE said:
    @ Lady_Sparkles

Not sure if this is the info you are after, I have made you a step by step, if not it maybe useful for someone else :) I had to do this on a Keep as I don't have a 'normal' castle any more since converting mine.

Method 1:  is to place blocks then your floor tile then raise it. This is really only great for when you are going up one level as shown here, on places you can access easily via ground etc. No point in locking the blocks down as you are going to move them anyways.

This next method is great for doing castles as you do it from the roof and don't have to worry about those hard to get at spots on the western edges etc that other 'how to's' have you running outside to place things then running inside to lock them or having to use circle of trans and locking stuff on western edge then raising it up a gazillion times for two levels.  This one makes it super easy and once you get the hang the hang of it it is pretty quick.

Method 2:  Roof Ladder Goza Method

Hope that helps you. If you need any more explanation just ask, it was a bit hard to 'show' with pics lol.

Cheers MissE

PS thanks to Juggz for showing me originally on method 2.

I am having issues getting it to work over the sides of the walls. Not sure what I am doing wrong! lol Is there something I could be missing? 

Sparkles

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited November 2018

Can't say without you showing me what you are doing.  What shard are you on? Perhaps I can come and show you?

You need to make sure you are 'above' the parapets with your levels. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • A easy way to raise floors is by using ladders. 
    If you put a ladder down you can take a stone floor tile and put it ontop of the ladder. Then just climb up the ladder and dbl click the floor tile to set it and chop the ladder away.. Then just rinse and repeat.. You might have to raise the tile up once or twice depending on the height you want..

I normally use about 10-15 ladders at a time.. Place every ladder down in a row and then place your floor tile on each ladder. Set the tile and chop the ladders.. It goes fairly quick and cuts out all of the time sitting there with a house tool raising one by one..