Option: Toggle Special Move Always On

SampireSampire Posts: 11
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
Hello,
can you please add an option to classic client that special move is activated again after its applied to target ? something like
"TOGGLE PRIMARY SPECIAL MOVE ALWAYS ON"
it is very tiring to press armor ignore 48 times per minutes
  1. add option in classic client to toggle special move always on10 votes
    1. Yes
      20.00%
    2. No
      80.00%

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Why are you pressing armor ignore 48 times per minute? I once suggested a pvm damage cap on the damage of armour ignore like they have in pvp to give some variety however a moderator decided it was pointless:
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited November 2018
    Mervyn said:
    Why are you pressing armor ignore 48 times per minute? I once suggested a pvm damage cap on the damage of armour ignore like they have in pvp to give some variety however a moderator decided it was pointless:

How about making the other abilities do some damage and we would have more choices.  Same with pets.

Is that a nerf stick in your avatars hand?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited November 2018
    Increase damage of other specials yes sure it’s the same thing, six of one, half a dozen of the other. I wrote in my suggestion:
    “(They would probably have to reduce the hp of some bosses)”

But if they increase the damage of every other special they would have to increase the hp of monsters. 

Same difference. 

I have 20 pets with Armour Ignore, it’s really sad. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• SampireSampire Posts: 11
    edited November 2018
    no offtopic please..
    you are asking for changing game mechanics..
    im asking for a simple "special move always on" toggle.. its very easy to implement
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited November 2018
    im gonna say no.  UO combat is pretty simple (its always been about timing more than anything), if that option were added you could basically just AFK everything.  i realize its not really hard to an experienced player, but timing that 1.25 seconds is at least something to mentally engage with the game.   If its added for special move, then might as well add it to everything.  at which point absolutely no point to touching the keyboard at all.  ever.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Yeah allowing ppl to play while afk doesn't sound so good.
    edited November 2018
    people who want to play afk are doing it anyway..

pushing same button 48 times per minute its not healthy for fingers and there are other things and abilities in combat to concentrate on
    consecrate/enemy of one/remove curse/divine fury/cleanse by fire/dispel evil/evasion/confidence/drinking potions/eating apples/switching weapons/switching equipment/changing position and so on. all of them are situational and require attention for good timing.

it is only armor ignore and double strike that require brainless pushing every 1.25s over and over again
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    cobb said:
    Yeah because that's not already happening all over the lands..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    cobb said:
    Yeah because that's not already happening all over the lands..
    so your solution to that is to make it even easier to play while afk?
  • HimmelweissHimmelweiss Posts: 15
    edited November 2018
    Sampire said:
    Hello,
    can you please add an option to classic client that special move is activated again after its applied to target ? something like
    "TOGGLE PRIMARY SPECIAL MOVE ALWAYS ON"
    it is very tiring to press armor ignore 48 times per minutes

Why only Classic Client?

And i voted no.
    Hitting a button 48 times per minute or so is nothing compared to other games like Warframe where have to hit like hundred per minute and tons of mouse clicks and mouse-buttons per minute.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    It is my belief that if the developers wanted you to have the ability to chain specials in this way the description of special moves wouldn't include the line:

Using a special move within 3 seconds of the previous special move costs double mana,

edited November 2018
    cobb said:
    so your solution to that is to make it even easier to play while afk?
    enabling toggle for auto special move will not let players afk..
    if you dont press buttons then game will disconnect you..

It is my belief that if the developers wanted you to have the ability to chain specials in this way the description of special moves wouldn't include the line:

Using a special move within 3 seconds of the previous special move costs double mana,

if they wanted so they would make delay between specials not the increased mana cost.
    mana is easily recoverable with high mana leech and high damage.

Tamers have pets that do armor ignore, cast spells, walk around and they dont have to press buttons..

but sampires have to press ?
    edited November 2018
    This is true about tamers. I regularly put consume damage on and go afk as it lasts forever, they should put a short timer on it. 

Yeah I'm not a big fan of how tamers can play while afk either