My Little House on Moonglow...

My little sandstone house on Moonglow. For now only the roof and the "noble" floor are almost finished. I'll post images of the other floors as soon I will finish to refine them...
Cheers
Ivenor

h1.jpg 609.7K
h2.jpg 565.9K
h3.jpg 625.4K

Comments

• PenNPaperPenNPaper Posts: 97
    Nice design.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Thx! :)
    I tried to avoid the "Borg Cube" effect even if this has meant sacrificing some interior space. The main thing that irks me is that, for how is conceived UO isometric graphic, the house could have had a better landscape if it were on the East cost of MG.
    But, hey! one cannot have all... ;)
    Cheers
    Ivenor
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    sometimes it is the little houses that have the best designs. 
    :)

Every now and then I plant a custom plot and built little houses on them, just for fun.
    Thx! :)
    I have too a 18x18 plot on a dea... ehm, IBYP, "low patronage" Shard, where, time permitting, I will start experimenting with repro of famous RL "ArchiStars" building (my preferred are the FLW ones, ça va sans dire...:). Nothing new under the sun in other MMORPGs and similar beasts (e.g.: https://www.google.it/search?client=firefox-b&dcr=0&biw=1685&bih=881&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=SuKgWu_jH4K8kwXPtJbYDw&q=minecraft+fallingwater&oq=minecraft+fallingwater ), but, judging by the HUGE amount of 18x18 "Borg Cubes" I see around, at least on ATL, I dunno if it has ever been tryied in UO.
    I'll post some images when/if I will get a (for me, at least) satisfactory result.
    Cheers
    Ivenor

Just snagged a 18x18 lot. Going to do something similar to what you did but balconies up stairs. Thanks for the idea. Just a box with walls right now and that cost me $724K. So need to make a lot more money to do the interior. 18x18's are killer expensive.

Thought I would mention from looking at a house in new haven. There are 1/4 to 1/2 height balconies so even if you did the full floor plan with a balcony it might still work out ok from the outside.
     Hello Ivenor your design inspired me to build my house the way I build it. It probably would have been a cube if I did not see your post. 

I am having problems decorating the interior though. How big is your master bedroom? I have a lot of floor space but having problems making it look good because of the way I designed the house.

This is what I did with mine. The door is bumped back one tile on the first and second floor and you will need support posts to make it look good.

edited March 2018
    PenNPaper said:
     Hello Ivenor your design inspired me to build my house the way I build it. It probably would have been a cube if I did not see your post. 

I am having problems decorating the interior though. How big is your master bedroom? I have a lot of floor space but having problems making it look good because of the way I designed the house.

This is what I did with mine. The door is bumped back one tile on the first and second floor and you will need support posts to make it look good.

Hi PnP! :)

Thanks for the "architectural quote" from my "Little House in MG"!
    Hey, maybe I can start an "architecture school". Hmm... "Moonglow Taliesin School of Architecture" sound good... Nope, the "Taliesin" brand is already taken, unfortunately... :D

Anyway, IMO, the biggest problem with 18x18 lots is that they are VERY big for a "single" house (i.e., not a Guild or "Shopping Mall" one). I, for one, will make a mixture of interior spaces and gardens. You can see some good example of this on ATL in the surroundings of Zento City in Makoto-Jima. I'll try to snag some images next time I connect and post them here.
    If one prefer to stick with a single volume, beside the good choice you already made to add some porches and one (or more) terrace to give a little "plasticity" to the building, IMO it could be wise to consider first what kind of furniture you want to put in the rooms, and organize the interior walls around them. I mean: on the "noble floor" what do you wish to have? Master Bedroom, Guest Bedroom(s), Bathroom(s), Kitchen? And what furniture in each of them? And on the floors? Animal Rug(s), Carpets? E.g., just for the Master Bedroom there ara almost half a dozen different bed coiches... :)
    I.
    PS: I like your idea to have differently textured walls for the back ones, as is visible on the stairs...
    edited December 2018
    Hi All!

Sooo... at last, after "only" about a year, I finished my "Little House in Moonglow".

As "they" say, "better late than never", isn't? :D

Anyway, enjoy it if you like it, and Happy Holidays to you even if you don't like it... ;)

Chers
    Ivenor

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    That house is adorable!  :)
    edited January 2019
    jaytin said:
    That house is adorable!  :)
    Thanks! :)

In the mean time I made a little of inside renovation: I will post the images ASAP.

One thing for sure: having a limitied plot surface (this is a 3 floors 9x14) brings out, at least in me, the will to optimize the "living space" in a way that a Castle/Keep or 18x18 doesn't...

I.
    jaytin said:
    OK, here are the images, before I take down the Holidays ornaments. Some poinsettas are already gone: I should have forgotten to water them...  :D
    I.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I sometimes think the little houses can end up being the best as the lack of space makes you more creative. The sandstone looks really nice too.  :)
    edited January 2019
    jaytin said:
    I sometimes think the little houses can end up being the best as the lack of space makes you more creative. The sandstone looks really nice too.  :)
    Thanks again! :)

I agree on the little houses: I have a couple 18x18 on Europa (didn't find any on ATL at reasonable prices till now) but for now I haven't been able to develop them in a way that satisfy me.

The point with "limited space houses", IMO, is to be able to "cram" enough stuff in them to give the impression of a fully "functional" & "lived" space (e.g.: one cannot leave out a "realistic" bathroom/toilet room, for Blackthorn sake! ;)), but trying to avoid at the same time an overcrowded and/or "strorage space" effect...

Cheers
    Ivenor