Classic Client – 7.0.73.12

Loving the new changes to Classic Client. The new macros are great! It's a fantastic start, but we shouldn't stop there!... Could we please get Super Nova potions added to the 'Use Object' macro list. Also the new Target Hostile macro in CC is great but we need the option to link this to the mouse wheel. Most players use the mouse wheel up/down to target enemies and friendlies (in UOassist etc). However, at the moment in Classic Client you can't set the mouse wheels as the macro keystroke. With this new target hostile change maybe we could also get a Target Friendly macro too? So we can target nearest/next guild or alliance member. Ta!

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2018
    I have a workaround for this, there are many third party mouse apps that allow you to set the mouse wheel to act as a certain key e.g “ctrl+y” you then set that key for your macro. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Finally got home and tested this and so far everything has been awesome. Took some fiddling around. Won’t let me combine a macro for arming a specific weapon and suit to the same button so I just set them as the keys next to them. 
    However, even if it is just the Arm macros, can we get more than 4? I only use the new suit and weapon macros on my fighters and I’d like to be able to set one to each slayer. Is there any reason it’s restricted to four? I have used all 4 dress slots but just because it switches out my talismans. 

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Yes it would help to have more than 4 slots. 5 or 6 slots would be nice
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Several posts have been removed. Please refrain from trolling.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2018
    No other macros are limited, (I’m not really sure how suggesting unlimited dress/arm macros constitutes as trolling)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Complaints: We take pride in our forum. However there may be times where some of our members or guests may feel upset. If this is the case please send the Admin a pm clearly stating what you are upset about. If you can take a screenshot to back up your claim then please do. Anyone found to be abusing the complaint system will have action taken against them.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Since the thread has been here long enough to be read by a Dev...

Mervyn said:
    No other macros are limited, (I’m not really sure how suggesting unlimited dress/arm macros constitutes as trolling)
    That post is still there. Your post of telling them they would just want more is the one gone.  

Rorschach said:
    Complaints: We take pride in our forum. However there may be times where some of our members or guests may feel upset. If this is the case please send the Admin a pm clearly stating what you are upset about. If you can take a screenshot to back up your claim then please do. Anyone found to be abusing the complaint system will have action taken against them.

This is confusing.  If I get upset about someones opinion, I can possibly get their post removed if I send a picture of me being upset?   Or do you mean a picture of the forum post?  Can't you see the forum posts?  Or maybe because the posts are not numbered.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    edited November 2018
    @Rorschach deleted my comment. I guess he's upset. You should send me a pm.

LOL

This is not how you manage a community.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Aayla said:
    @ Rorschach deleted my comment. I guess he's upset. You should send me a pm.

LOL

If you wish to find your comment I suggest you look in the correct thread.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mariah said:
    Aayla said:

LOL

I will guide her there.  Sometimes she gets lost. <span>:smile:</span>
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Pawain said:
    Mariah said:
    Aayla said:

LOL

I will guide her there.  Sometimes she gets lost. <span>:smile:</span>

Yes I do lol
    The above passage I quoted was from the terms of service. If any have issues with moderation, there are avenues available to address those issues. Discussing them on the forums serves little purpose.  
  • Ok so since the whole trolling thing is over with. 
    @Kyronix and @Bleak can we please hear some info about why the number of macros is limited? Is this something that potentially be expanded to include more slots (more than 4) or is it a “balance” issue? 
    Because afaik EC still can make unlimited suit macros just subject to the timer now. 
    Just trying to get info on how this might act in the future.